Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balotelli

Comments

• Options
    Quality interview with him in this month's 4-4-2

True self awareness not usually a trait of the modern day superstar. He is the only world star of that age that seems to realise he is more than just a footballer, that he can be a force.of inspiration to all.

Love mad mad mario
  • Options
    Going to Liverpool for £16m
  • Options
    If the deal goes through, it will definitely be fun to have him back in the prem, hopefully he does it a bit more on the pitch, like he did in his first season at city rather than keep dicking around off it. He can keep doing that just as long as he scores the goals.

I'm sure he has matured since he was first here and hope he does well as i'm a fan of his, don't think he'll be messing around for Rogers anyway, seems like he has a lot more authoirty and respect than Mancini ever did.

it'll also be intersting to see how and if he works up top with Sturridge, they're quite different players so it could work well but i guess we shall see!
  • Options
    Wages of around 125k a week. Worth it?
  • Options

Relatively speaking (considering all these wages are obscene), say £40m over 5 years for the transfer and wages is a lot less than they might have paid to replace Suarez, which is something they definitely needed to do IMHO with the system that they play.
  • Options
    I think he will be a really good signing for them.
  • Options
    On his day a proper World Class player, on another day he's can be a bit of a useless chump.

I love him to bits because he's an entertaining enigma, but he's a gamble for Liverpool. Because of the baggage he comes at a relatively cheap price (by todays standards anyway). He can do things that far more expensive players can only dream of and PR wise he's no more of a liability than Suarez was. However, when Suarez wasn't banned he was consistently brilliant. Super Mario (probably) won't bite or racially abuse anyone and will (probably) be suspended less, but he (probably) won't be consistent for them in the way Suarez was either.
  • Options

I think he will be a really good signing for them.

Agreed. Think Arsenal should have tried to sign him, too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

On his day a proper World Class player, on another day he's can be a bit of a useless chump.

I love him to bits because he's an entertaining enigma, but he's a gamble for Liverpool. Because of the baggage he comes at a relatively cheap price (by todays standards anyway). He can do things that far more expensive players can only dream of and PR wise he's no more of a liability than Suarez was. However, when Suarez wasn't banned he was consistently brilliant. Super Mario (probably) won't bite or racially abuse anyone and will (probably) be suspended less, but he (probably) won't be consistent for them in the way Suarez was either.

Mario still very young. Not at his peak yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Brilliant story about Mario:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEruS1D7VY
  • Options
    Needs very strong management, especially off the field. Worrying that both Citeh and Milan could not wait to get rid of him. Glad he is back though. Will he buy his mum another council flat?
  • Options
    It will definitely give them victim options to play with
  • Options
    Fantastic buy. Really is
  • Options
    Could be a real 'Cantona' buy for them, not as good as Suarez but has a real X-Factor about him and can do things other players cannot.

A gamble, yes, but one worth taking.
  • Options
    Guess who's back back back,
    Back again gain gain,
    Balo's back back back,
    Tell brendin din din,
  • Options

That's how much Man Utd are paying Nani every week while he plays for Sporting Lisbon...I'd say that puts it into perspective :-)
  • Options
    Great player on his day, just depends how often that 'day' is as a lot of the time he strolls about looking like he can't be arsed. 26 goals in 37 league games for Milan.........and 16 yellow cards and 1 red.

Still for 16m i'd say he's well worth a gamble given some of the other recent fees. 5m more than Ross McCcormack, 4m more than Mitroglou. 10m less than Soldado.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lukaku actually has a slightly better strike rate in the prem than both Sturridge and Mario .
  • Options

Great player on his day, just depends how often that 'day' is as a lot of the time he strolls about looking like he can't be arsed. 26 goals in 37 league games for Milan.........and 16 yellow cards and 1 red.

Still for 16m i'd say he's well worth a gamble given some of the other recent fees. 5m more than Ross McCcormack, 4m more than Mitroglou. 10m less than Soldado.

Goal wise, those are incredibly good statistics for 16 million. Plus it's a name that will scare the opposition alot more than the players liverpool currently have. Balotelli just has a real presence.
  • Options
    He should sign for arsenal, for that price it is a bargin and would give Arse the firepower they need.
  • Options

He should sign for arsenal, for that price it is a bargin and would give Arse the firepower they need.

If arsenal spent £40 million on Balotelli and Di Maria they would be up there challenging as one of the best.

A strike force of:

Balotelli

Di Maria-Ozil-Sanchez

With two holding midfielders would be some team.
  • Options
    Exactly Wenger is crazy not to do it.
  • Options

a lot of the time he strolls about looking like he can't be arsed.

Bit of a footballing cliche there. Just because a player doesn't sprint all over the pitch trying to win the ball or throwing themselves into challenges doesn't mean they can't be arsed. It's just his style of play.
  • Options
    Impressive recent goalscoring record in club football in Italy , i think he's got 13 goals at international level for Italy as well If Brendan can get his head right , he could be a right signing.

I wonder whether he's been getting a lot of racial abuse in Italy and has had enough?

Had a reasonably happy time in England , and i'm sure is attracted by Champions League footie, could have done just as good a job for us perhaps, as Andy Delort , glad we're holding out for better :-0
  • Options
    I'd imagine it's a number of things. No champions league and probably not for a while and also very little chance of challenging for anything domestically..

As for the racist abuse. I think he gets a fair amount but doesn't seem to complain about it that much for whatever reason. Last time I was at the Giuseppe Meazza there was a lot of graffiti outside with racist abuse about him and that was from Milan fans, I highly doubt they scrubbed it off the walls when he signed.
  • Options
    I don't think you can put his move down to racism, he probably just wants a change of club and feels like now is the right timing. He is from Italy and has grown up forever there so he obviously just wants to move on in his career.
  • Options
    Looking forward to him playing in England again mainly for all the wonky stuff he ends up doing.

As far as Liverpool goes - yeah it seems like a good price but is value for money what they need now or should they be going out and buying a top quality proven goalscorer rather than a hot and cold attention seeker? Saurez for all his dickishness worked incredibly hard for the team and Mario doesn't do that, its not his style.