Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermorgant

Comments

• Options

dickplumb said:

Getting rid of Kermorgant has to rank as one of the worse decisions in Charlton's history.

That and giving Morrison away on a free.
    Of course there have been many, many mistakes since this - but the loss of Yann, and Morrison (and Stephens to some extent, though that was out of our hands) has been something we have never recovered from.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Getting rid of Kermorgant has to rank as one of the worse decisions in Charlton's history.

That and giving Morrison away on a free.
    Along with Henderson on a free, when he still had a contract with us.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Selling Dale Stephens must be up there as well.
  • Options
    sm said:

dickplumb said:

As good a player as Stephens is, for us he simply did not have the "Cantonesque" presence that Kermy possessed - apart from his ability to see the game unfold and a pass, come short and pull defenders with him, float in the air and win the ball with his head, the ability to score the simple and the outrageous, most of all he got the team and the crowd going.

A certain Scottish player who is currently trying to play in that role would do well to watch a few videos of him to see exactly how and more to the point where, on the pitch, it is done.
  • Options

sm said:

dickplumb said:

As good a player as Stephens is, for us he simply did not have the "Cantonesque" presence that Kermy possessed - apart from his ability to see the game unfold and a pass, come short and pull defenders with him, float in the air and win the ball with his head, the ability to score the simple and the outrageous, most of all he got the team and the crowd going.

A certain Scottish player who is currently trying to play in that role would do well to watch a few videos of him to see exactly how and more to the point where, on the pitch, it is done.
    Agreed, Poyet that season and Buyens the next season did the same job as Dale very effectively, whereas we've never replaced Yann properly until perhaps the signing of Magennis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #stillnotoverit
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Someome should stick that pic of Yann signing a new contract with Reading in the big screen to embarrass the current owners running the show.
  • Options
    It's funny, this thread is like the reverse Jackson thread. The more time that passes on this thread, the fewer people there are saying move on when they realise that he's yet again involved with a Championship team challenging for promotion to the Prem and he's yet again a hero at his new club. I wonder at what point he'll hit his limit and drop down the leagues or retire. I doubt it's any time soon
  • Options
    Yep. In a nutshell, what happened with Yann just about sums up our regime.
  • Options

sm said:

dickplumb said:

I love Yann too - but if we had kept Morrison, Stephens and Yann (all Chrissy Powell acquisitions) as the spine of the team, I very much doubt we would be languishing in the lower half of League 1.
  • Options
    And all because some Belgian kid thought he could do better using Football Manager!
  • Options
    sm said:

And all because some Belgian kid thought he could do better using Football Manager!

Yann was good on Football Manager. Must have been one of those lower quality football management games :smile:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

sm said:

Yann was good on Football Manager. Must have been one of those lower quality football management games :smile:
    Nonsensical soccer.
  • Options
    Kermogantic mistake selling him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appointing Meire as CEO goes down for me as the worst decision made.

A lot of the rest stem from the fact that Duchatelet doesn't have a clue what he is doing but seems to want all significant control.

It's probably more Duchatelet than meire, but he can't do it without her or an alternate stooge
  • Options
    I still dream of a team if Kermorgant's.

:'(
  • Options
    Proper team spirit - almost 5 years ago.

• Options
    Scoham said:

sm said:

Maybe he was using a copy of Championship '94? Players' form always used to drop off dramatically after they hit 31 ;-)
  • Options

Scored first goal in a 2-0 win at Hillsborough tonight.

Still miss you Yann. :-(
    MASSIVE goal
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Scored first goal in a 2-0 win at Hillsborough tonight.

Still miss you Yann. :-(
    I've spent the whole evening watching highlights videos from that league 1 winning season instead of revising. I'm already in bits. Don't need this to rub it in.

I still dream of a team of Kermorgants. :'(
  • Options
    #stillnotoverit