Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    I watched half last night & the rest this morning. We're patently under prepared & far too casual. The batting was extremely poor, most got themselves out. The English bowlers were distinctly average & not helped by Pieterson dropping a catch & also Broad off his own bowling. The pitch looks pretty dead. No pace, no bounce, no turn.

NZ bowled very well & many of their plans came off.

Our only hope is that we can bat for more than 2 days in the 2nd innings & rack up 600, to force a draw.

I can't see them getting less than 300. Probably 350-400.
  • Options
    Its obvious the english batsmen are too small !

some shots there that club cricketers would be ashamed of ?
  • Options
    and so begins the second third day.

wonder if flowers has had a word with the players? sort themselfs out.
  • Options
    Some of our senior batsmen will have heard some home truths. Let's see what we can salvage
  • Options
    after having a right dig at him, anderson gets fulton. 158/1 still leading by 9!
  • Options
    Jimmy gets a breakthrough at last.
  • Options
    well this is going well
  • Options
    Monty gets the second wicket !! Englad only 83 behind with 8 wickets still to get.........
  • Options
    this Rutherford's not having a bad debut
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    he looks really good. confident. most of his shots are timed superbly. right in the middle of the bat. shows our lot up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he reminds me of Trescothick! long may he play his cover-drive
  • Options
    We might be saved by the fact that this is effectively a four-day game, so we won't have to bat that long to save the game.

At current rate Kiwis will be 270 in front at the close of play.
  • Options
    Always dangerous commenting without reading the whole thread, but at the risk of repeating what someone else has already said, why is a test being played on a glorified village green?
  • Options
    F*** me, that was some delivery from broad...
  • Options
    326/6 now. NZ lead by 159.
  • Options
    NZ finish the day on 402/7. 235 ahead with 2 days left to play.

We need some solid batting and a bit more rain to save this one.

A nice, calm 25 runs off about 300 balls from Trott should do it.
  • Options
    Just switched to see us on 42-0 255 behind. Long innings hopefully ahead. Good leave by Cook

Will stay watching 'till lunch but busy day tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bumble speculating whether woman in the crowd is doing crochet or needlepoint, She looks like a west stand regular lol
  • Options
    bloke in a yellow cafc allsports shirt just shown on the box. anyone from here?
  • Options
    If Compton keeps us going until tea he'll have made up for the first innings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Close of play.

234/1, trail by 59.

Cook caught behind for 116.
    Compton 102*
    Finn 0*
  • Options
    Looks like we are in a position where we can bat out a draw. I expect a collapse!
  • Options
    Good news to get up to this morning. Looking forward to staying with it as long as possible tonight and hope to see us still batting at tea. Or smashing it all over the ground get a 250+ lead and then bowl the kiwis out to win. You can tell I support Charlton with that sort of fantasy:-)
  • Options
    Glad they realised the wicket is as flat as a pancake and just needed a bit of concentration!!
  • Options

Glad they realised the wicket is as flat as a pancake and just needed a bit of concentration!!

Could not believe we got rolled for 170 when I watched the Kiwis bat, it was a funny colour but an absolute road.
  • Options
    Hopefully we will bat all day. We don't want a 2 hour thrash at the end of the day. Not all over yet; need a good first session.
  • Options
    Mike said:

bloke in a yellow cafc allsports shirt just shown on the box. anyone from here?

Come on, someone must know him. He was on the TV as much as Cook & Compton.
    If you're interested, you can clearly see him, when Cook gets his 100.
  • Options
    Finn gets his maiden Test (and 1st Class) 50.
    Will he go one better than Alex Tudor?
  • Options
    Trott out.
    355/3 we lead by 65.
  • Options
    finn just got maiden test 50 come on england