Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    Just watched highlights - i love Matty Prior - such a breath of fresh air, always plays for the team and not for himself.
    I was at Lords last year v India where he played a magnificent century when England were in a spot of trouble . Becoming a great player in the Gilchrist mould.
  • Options

Just watched highlights - i love Matty Prior - such a breath of fresh air, always plays for the team and not for himself.
    I was at Lords last year v India where he played a magnificent century when England were in a spot of trouble . Becoming a great player in the Gilchrist mould.

Prior is a Test batsman. He should bat 6 to allow us to play 5 bowlers. England are obsessed with their tail.
  • Options
    don't play with the 3 lions tail
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Prior is a Test batsman. He should bat 6 to allow us to play 5 bowlers. England are obsessed with their tail.
    You'll find most Test teams only field 4 bowlers now. They all did their analysis and found that half the time yoiu werent bowling all day, and when you did, you would only need 5/6 overs from the fifth bowler - thats why most have dropped it - the only obvious exception is South Africa who have Kallis as their fifth bowler simply because he gets into team on his batting alone.

I fail to see why Prior isnt in the ODI team - vastly better than Kieswetter (before he was dropped)
  • Options
    Prior has a terrible ODI record over a long period of time, sadly
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Leuth said:

Prior has a terrible ODI record over a long period of time, sadly

in the early part of his career yes, - but hasnt been in the team since Kwetter came onto the scene.
    Then again, i think that Buttler is going to be a special player.
  • Options
    Williamson c and b Broad - now got 3 wickets nz 87-4
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    NZ 85- 4 now. Williamson Very smartly c&b by Broad for 42.
  • Options
    could be another...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Anderson gets LBW decision but being referred. I've given it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

love the countdown theme.
  • Options
    OUT! Brownie LBW Anderson 18.

Kiwis in trouble now at 89/5
  • Options
    Countdown theme very funny. Come on England!
  • Options
    Only 6 more wickets for Jimmy to join the very elite 300 club !
  • Options
    BJ Watling batting - what unfortunate initials !
  • Options
    Broad overtakes ARC Fraser to go 17th on the England wicket taking list with 178.
  • Options

Only 6 more wickets for Jimmy to join the very elite 300 club !

Not as elite as it used to be. Only had one member in the first 70 odd years of Test Cricket and now has about 25.
    Deadly should have got in there, trouble was he kept getting himself banned!

• Options
    I wonder if anyone else will ever join the 100/100 club? I very much doubt it.
  • Options
    Some interesting songs being sung - Postman Pat theme sounded like a solo performance and the ladies were singing to Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap. Anyone no what the revamped lyrics are?
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

Some interesting songs being sung - Postman Pat theme sounded like a solo performance and the ladies were singing to Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap. Anyone no what the revamped lyrics are?

no idea but they sound like they're having a good time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not cheap!
  • Options
    Good to see Broad pitching it up :-)
  • Options
    I turned it on an hour ago missed the wickets and NZ are now settling in... typical.
  • Options
    Well do us a favour and go to bed then! ;-)
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Well do us a favour and go to bed then! ;-)

Thank you East Terrace. Mc Cullum out!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Southee out. 197-7
  • Options
    Anyone see the Polar Bear ?
  • Options
    I did and look what happened!
  • Options
    NZ following on, our bowlers are firing, abroad impressive... Why the hell don't we prepare properly for test series?
  • Options

I did and look what happened!

I said thank you.