Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    Eng 90-4
    Cook , compton , trott and finn out

390 runs behind still
  • Options
    It's been a disappointing series after our win in India. I'm not in the group that thinks beating the Aussies is a formality. If we go down 1-0 in the first Ashes test because we do not bat well enough, they will become a whole lot harder to beat. And, that's in spite of India spinning to a 4-0 win over them.
  • Options
    Think England v Aussies is like us & the spanners.
    Occasional joy, but, they always seem to raise their game.
  • Options
    Suddenly the Aussie's woeful display in India isn't that amusing now we're about to lose to NZ.

Bringing in a nightwatchman, who then gets out before the end of the day, just about sums this series up for us. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Clearly the Kiwis have been using a different drop in pitch when they're batting to the one we're batting on...
  • Options

I think we have too many in-experienced players in the team - without Peterson yesterday we had Compton, Bairstow & Root and we also too many slow blockers. We need Morgan or Hales or Keisweter in there.

So your solution to inexperienced players is to bring in three players who are even more inexperienced themselves and presumably in selecting Kieswetter you'd drop Prior who averages over 40 with the bat and has consistently delivered both as a batsman and as a keeper?

• Options

Clearly the Kiwis have been using a different drop in pitch when they're batting to the one we're batting on...

They have bowled a much fuller length while Anderson, Broad and Finn have bowled back of a length - this worked in India. It's frustrating because of all the Test nations NZ offers similar bowling conditions to England, so you'd think our bowling attack would know how to bowl on these wickets.

• Options

I think we have too many in-experienced players in the team - without Peterson yesterday we had Compton, Bairstow & Root and we also too many slow blockers. We need Morgan or Hales or Keisweter in there.

So your solution to inexperienced players is to bring in three players who are even more inexperienced themselves and presumably in selecting Kieswetter you'd drop Prior who averages over 40 with the bat and has consistently delivered both as a batsman and as a keeper?

I didn't mention dropping Prior because I wouldn't..........you could play Keisweter as a batsman only, unusal I know, but without Peterson in the team we have no oomp until Prior reaches the crease.

I sat last night watching a team batting like rabitts caought in headlights.........might well have gone down fighting instead of trying to block for a day or so. The long on/off boundary is so short its criminal & we aren't even trying to loft theur spinner over the top - As Beefy said he's only played 3 tests and we are making him look like Mustaq Ahmed or Shane Warne.

• Options
    150/5. First delivery with the new ball gets Root lbw.
  • Options
    we've lasted longer than I thought - IF (very big IF) we can get through the new ball with losing just 1 more wicket and can get to mid afternoon only 6 down then we may just survive. However, I still think it will all be over before tea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Lunch 158/5... with two great chances for NZ in the last over. Only one wicket gone down, shame we couldn't hold out all the way until lunch but I think we've got to be happy in the circumstances.

Come on Ian Bell, hold the innings together.
  • Options
    We were lucky only to lose just 1 wicket - NZ dropped 2 catches in the last over !
  • Options
    Both reviews used by the Kiwis and wasted. They are getting desperate now...........
  • Options
    How many overs remaining ?
  • Options
    Fred Boycott ‏@FredBoycott
    Broad has ruined the ultimate #digin innings. Why did he have to score a run?
  • Options
    Broad gets new record for time at the crease without scoring.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    England 299-7, need 182 to win.

Minimum of 6 overs left.
  • Options
    300 - 7.

4 overs left.
  • Options
    Bugger: Broad caught by one of 8 fielders round the bat.

137 mins, 77 balls, 2 scoring shots, 6 runs.
  • Options
    Anderson caught 2nd ball.

C'mon Monty !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every player round the bat !
    Survived !!

18 balls left.
  • Options
    Jebus !

6 balls to go.

Monty on strike.
  • Options
    play & a miss !
  • Options
    Left. 4 to go........
  • Options
    A Single !

Prior on strike, 3 to go.
  • Options
    Prior hits it....stops short of the boundry.

2 left.
  • Options
    Solid defence.

Last ball

BLOCKED !!
  • Options
    Match Drawn !!

Prior not out 110
    Monty not out 2.
  • Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Un friggin believable. England hang on with Prior and Monty to the end. Have no nails left! Brilliant. Just brilliant.
  • Options
    David 'Bumble' Lloyd ‏@BumbleCricket
    Wot a day ! Well done England AND wonderful effort from NZ ...great finish ! You can go to bed now !