Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Draw looking favourite as rain sets in after lunch. We managed one wicket in the first session.
    Chat on TMS has been great though. Ewen Chatfield was most entertaining, has some great stories to tell, from both his lives.
  • Options
    Is it me or is cricket being "rained-off" more frequently now-a-days ?
    #BloodyGlobalWarming #BloodyGlobalCooling
  • Options
    Its called NZ autumn. !
  • Options
    Would be a shame if NZ prepare another batting wicket in the last test to help get a 0-0 series draw. Would probably help them climb the rankings.
  • Options
    at least we can laugh at Australia.
  • Options
    KP out of final Test and likely to miss IPL. Needs surgery on his knee and wants to be fit for Ashes, or at least to be "considered for" as the new, reintergrated KP would say.
    Great chance for Bairstow now to take his chance and maybe get ahead of Root on the rank.
  • Options
    Sensible thing to do.Let him get ready for the real battle in the summer fully fit.
    Not sure about Bairstow - think Root is probably the more rounded player - has a terrific temperament, however has struggled a little in NZ.
    What other batsmen are coming through?
  • Options
    Eoin Morgan's the forgotten man, and then you have James Taylor who got a couple of caps in the summer. Then you've got Alex Hales and Jos Buttler in the ODI sides but I don't know how suited they'd be to the longer format at international level.
  • Options
    Another forgotten man - Ben Stokes.
  • Options

Another forgotten man - Ben Stokes.

Who ? :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't see Ben Stokes getting into the side any time soon after being sent home from the Lions tour of Australia last month for "unprofessional conduct".
  • Options
    Havnt Kent got a young opening bat coming through?
  • Options
    Sam Northeast?
  • Options
    No, dont think so. Watched him for a couple of games on Sky last seson, and Atherton was very impressed.
  • Options
    After looking at the Kent website, i think its Sam Billings.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    (Realised I was a bit late on my next 'guess who' guess!)

Also makes me realise how many great prospects Kent have coming through. Matt Coles with the ball too.
  • Options
    Adam Ball - England U19 captain and Charlton supporter.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Sensible thing to do.Let him get ready for the real battle in the summer fully fit.
    Not sure about Bairstow - think Root is probably the more rounded player - has a terrific temperament, however has struggled a little in NZ.
    What other batsmen are coming through?

I'm pretty sure about Bairstow and he's bound to get a go tomorrow. Maybe it will spur Root on, they'll have 3 Tests against NZ to fight it out. One away and two at home. To be honest I haven't seen much of Root save this winter, and he hasn't made much of an impression in these two Tests.
    I think Bairstow has been rather unlucky and I hope he grabs this opportunity with both hands. As for temperament, well I think we saw plenty of that from Bairstow last summer against the best bowling attack in the world when people were questioning his ability against the short ball.
  • Options
    Cook confirms Bairstow takes KP's place tonight.
  • Options
    NZ 6/1 to win next test...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England same team bar Bairstow for KP and NZ the same.
  • Options
    England win the toss and bowl...

The pitch is a "drop-in" and could be a tad spicy until it settles down, so bowling first could be a good decision.
  • Options
    Eden Park is impressive.
  • Options
    So is it going to be 1-0 or 0-1 or 0-0

Binary any way you look at it :-) I fancy us because out bowling is better and you need 20 wickets. Batsmen should get any runs required but we are not off to much of a start in the first hour. Long way to go though to state the obvious.
  • Options

Eden Park is impressive.

As a rugby stadium, yes...

I'm not sure whether it works for cricket, the word is that this will be the last Test played there unless the supporters turn up.

• Options
    The wicket looks pretty flat to me, I presume the heavy rollers have killed any life it might have. The only chance of a wicket is to get Fulton LBW, he seems to be planting his front foot and playing around it.
  • Options
    NZ finish day one on 250-1, kind of sums this series up.
  • Options
    Blimey, glad I fell asleep at lunch........
  • Options
    Flat pitches will kill test match cricket
  • Options
    Congratulations to Two Metre Peter, ex Cleethorpes all rounder. A VERY nice man who has been around the 'lower league' scene for a long time. He has done England a favour. England's much vaunted and overrated team must get it together before the forthcoming ashes series.