Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options

Eoin Morgan's the forgotten man, and then you have James Taylor who got a couple of caps in the summer. Then you've got Alex Hales and Jos Buttler in the ODI sides but I don't know how suited they'd be to the longer format at international level.

I think Taylor was a quite hard done by - did reasonably well against a very good South African attack and wasn't completely out of his depth. Deserves another chance at some point but as someone said, sometimes seems harder to get out of this England team than in it, so he may need to wait awhile - especially with Root's emergence.
  • Options

After looking at the Kent website, i think its Sam Billings.

Billings looked excellent in the Sky game I saw last year - was disappointed he got out early when I went to see him at Beckenham.

• Options
    New Zealand 443 allout.
    England 48 - 2.

*Compton 12
    *Bell 4.
  • Options
    50 - 2.

Stumps.
  • Options

Stumps.

'Close of play' please.

We're not Aussies.

• Options
    Good days play. Seems like there is a game on for the 1st time in this test series. Any result possible. I'd like to think England will come up with an unlikely victory, but I think NZ are in a stronger position.
  • Options
    sorry, can't see an Englan win from this position - probably a draw but NZ may sneak it if they bowl us out today for less than 350.

England were too slow yesterday - had 25 overs in the last season and went at 2 an over !! wtf. With those short bounderies they should have been aiming at 4 an over.
  • Options
    Think it's hard to see us building a first innings lead with our batting line up (and Cook/Trott already gone). Our only hope is to bowl NZ out cheaply and give ourselves a chase of 300 max IMO.
  • Options
    Couldnt believe Mark Butcher in the studio giving it large saying that England could still win. 2 wickets down and in my view, a little in the brown stuff.
  • Options
    Compton out LBW - 60-3 England in trouble !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think you mean deep trouble!
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I think you mean deep trouble!
    Make that deep deep trouble! 65-4
  • Options
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    72-5. Bairstow gone to another lbw.
  • Options
    Think Root is a much better prospect than Bairstow.

That'll be the kiss of death then.
  • Options
    Missing Pietersen.to many blockers for my liking.we need more aggression.yes were in trouble but we must start making runs.they look a very ordinary attack yet were struggling.hopefully prior can hang around and show some attacking flair.
  • Options
    England 204 allout.
    Trail by 239.

NZ 2nd Innings 12/3
    Lead by 251.
  • Options
    This series has been a massive disappointment for England. Going to be a struggle not to lose the series. Looking ahead to the ashes we have a lot of improvements to make.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Shame we couldn't have managed one or two more wickets before the close. Might've been able to set up an interesting chase and I suppose we still can set up that chase if (big if) we can get into the tail before lunch tomorrow.
  • Options
    I think we have too many in-experienced players in the team - without Peterson yesterday we had Compton, Bairstow & Root and we also too many slow blockers. We need Morgan or Hales or Keisweter in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Stuart Broad talking about batting out the overs and drawing the game/series in interview 'this morning'. Lloyd & Botham saying that England need to get into NZ this morning and still thinking they can win but McCullum is the dangerman, could take the game away in an hour.
  • Options
    Think we'll be lucky to get away with a draw, the way that Boult was moving the ball in to the right handers at will- something that we couldnt do to them in first innings.
    Still, at least the Aussies got hammered again.
  • Options
    Looking at the field settings England aren't looking to knock 'em over quickly..........As Broad siad, I think they are looking to contain them take time out the game & hope to bat out 4/5 sessions.
  • Options
    We are certainly getting an interesting set from Billy Cooper tonight. At least the Bond themes are over and we are onto Postman Pat now. Meanwhile Broad is getting the hump 79/3
  • Options
    Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
    Finn already bowled three Harmisons this morning
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Superb catch from Bell off Monty 82/4 Brownlie gone
  • Options
    McCullum in now. Need him and Fulton out asap.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    NZ declare at 241-6.

481 runs to win (not happening) or 143 overs to save the test.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    2 for 1. Compton out for 2. That's game over then.
  • Options
    Tea 45-1.