Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Zealand v England, Test Series, 2013.

Comments

• Options
    trott out for 52 355/3
  • Options
    england lead by 62 KP in now..
  • Options
    KP OUT... shocking stroke made 12, 367 for 4
  • Options
    KP out for 12.
  • Options
    379/4 lead of 86
  • Options
    Finn just got his 1st run for an hour and 12 minutes!!
  • Options
    tea
  • Options

Finn just got his 1st run for an hour and 12 minutes!!

Welcome to Test Match cricket.
  • Options
    finn gone
  • Options
    386/5 so 93/5 need at least another ton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shit... root run out 0..
  • Options
    101/6 effectively... Bell and Prior with only Broad, Anderson and Panesar to come.

Suddenly a bit nervous.
  • Options
    421 for 6

Match drawn
  • Options
    Finns 4 and three quarter hour innings was the second longest by a night watchman for England
  • Options
    what a rubbish game on a terrible pitch
  • Options
    Well played NZ....

Well done to England for fighting back on day four and five...

Sack the groundsman, a lifeless wicket stifled the Test.
  • Options
    There's something similar going on between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Flat, lifeless pitches will destroy test cricket long before T20 leagues.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

There's something similar going on between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Flat, lifeless pitches will destroy test cricket long before T20 leagues.

Well you don't get that many. The majority of Tests these days finish in positive results within four days so I wouldn't worry about the pitches.
    The problem that Test cricket has is the lack of up and coming players who want to play it and spectators who want to watch it.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

McBobbin said:

Well you don't get that many. The majority of Tests these days finish in positive results within four days so I wouldn't worry about the pitches.
    The problem that Test cricket has is the lack of up and coming players who want to play it and spectators who want to watch it.
    I think you're right, and the problems go hand in hand. If there was more excitement and interest from the players, there may be more bums on seats. Test cricket is my favourite but maybe I'm old fashioned
  • Options
    Australia have announced that four of their squad, including Shane Watson, in India at the moment will not be considered for the 3rd Test due to disciplinary reasons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/21740045
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
    second test.

new zealand win toss. they choose to bowl first.

england 11 with no loss.

from twitter -
    flintoff11 andrew flintoff -

"It's 10 minutes into the test in NZ and the commentators are talking about roundabouts @kylehogg22 , bring on the ashes !"
  • Options
    Cook gone - mistimed drive - Eng 44-1
  • Options
    Dont know if anyone noticed, when Sky had their cameras outside the ground as fans were entering the ground, the first item on the prohibited list for entering the ground was ....
    'No Sofas'
    I had to use Sky+ rewind to double check !
    Can just imagine me and my mate strolling up to Lords with a sofa !
  • Options
    Apparently they take old sofas in to sit on & then burn them at the end of play :-)

As for the cricket, the wicket's about as lively as the 1st test wicket. I think only about 3 balls troubled the batsman all day.
  • Options
    Bell gone, 302/4
  • Options
    pietersen slowly getting to his fifty..
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    sad news about the duck who was on the field yesterday. he was looking for his partner. she had been hit by a ball in the practice session the day before and killed.
  • Options
    Lunch day 2, 353/5

Pietersen 68*
    Prior 15*
  • Options
    England 465 all out kiwis 24/1
  • Options
    NZ 66 for 3 ....two in two balls for Broad