Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

Comments

• Options
    Wouldn’t Euell have worked with Curtis Fleming at Bristol city 

That was Pearson.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    I’d like Rowett or Duff. Not sure either would come mind. 
    My mate has mentioned Rowett a few times and it wouldn't work

A run of 3/4 bad games and he would have the fanbase against him because of his Millwall connections 
    That would be dumb. He played for us first. We could and should have hired him before Millwall did.

He did a good job at Millwall. They’ve done absolutely nothing since he left.
    Rowett played 13 games for us
    Managed millwall for 196

Loses 3/4 in a row and which one do you think the fans are likely to remember 

All I'm saying is keeping fans onside is a big thing and Peeters Millwall connection went against him as soon as results did and I could see the same happening to Rowett
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

A run of 3/4 bad games and he would have the fanbase against him because of his Millwall connections 
    That would be dumb. He played for us first. We could and should have hired him before Millwall did.

Managed millwall for 196

All I'm saying is keeping fans onside is a big thing and Peeters Millwall connection went against him as soon as results did and I could see the same happening to Rowett
    Hoofball with Rosett…….
  • Options
    Wouldn’t Euell have worked with Curtis Fleming at Bristol city 
    Yeah he did. Fleming was assistant and Euell was first team coach I believe
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

This.

Chris Powell played for Palace.

The issue is, that part of the reason Rowett left Millwall (apart from the obvious) was because he no longer wished to commute down from the midlands. Can't see him joining us sadly.
  • Options
    Don’t get this Nathan Jones love in.  Made an absolute arse of himself last two jobs. 
    Don't think he's very good at dealing with players with big attitudes / big egos

Given how he did at Southampton and Stoke

Cant fault though how he did as Manager whilst at Luton though
  • Options
    RedRobin said:

Managed millwall for 196

No one gave a sh!t about Peeters’ Millwall connection. He was sacked because he lost the ability to win games. 

Powell started at Palace. Rowett is a good manager, simple as that. Sadly, he’s too good for us right now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HandG said:
    My son is a nutter bought tickets for Blackpool and Derby, he’s taking his Derby ticket back, he’s had enough of him.
    I got train tickets for Derby(haven't got round to buying match tickey yet) wondering if i can flog train tickets now as they are non refundable, either that or just spend a day in Derby and come home 🤣
    @paulie8290 How many have you got and how much were they?
    Just the 1 adult return and it was £37 
    No worries mate, I need 2 and the current price is about the same. Sorry! 
  • Options
    Did Charlie boy appoint Alex Neil before he left Sunderland or was that their new owners? 
  • Options
    Appleton is the Charlie Kirk of football managers!
  • Options
    Appleton is the Charlie Kirk of football managers!
    Charlie Kirk came across as likeable 
  • Options
    If we pay him off, how does that impact on FFP.?

• Options
    If he does go we need to go with experience even if its just to know how to pick up enough wins and points to scrape to safety

to even have to say that is an embarrassment for our club!
     getting appleton in was one of the biggest mistakes our club has made in recent times and thats quite an achievement !!
  • Options
    GET MICHAEL DUFF he doesn't stand for shirkers, knows how to get the best out of Alfie and kept a league 2 level Cheltenham squad up with ease...oh and by the way the 2 wing backs are f##k#n# woeful!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    It will never work if we stick to the same cycle, we need to give a manager time to work with the players that he recruited.
    As long as that manager is not Michael Appleton I agree.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    It will never work if we stick to the same cycle, we need to give a manager time to work with the players that he recruited.
    What have you seen from Appleton to suggest he can coach a team to promotion next season? 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Hal1x said:
    What have you seen from Appleton to suggest he can coach a team to promotion next season? 
    Or even keep this Charlton team in League 1?

Honestly, it was so bad yesterday I am convinced that unless things change quickly we could be in League 2 next season.

Let that sink in and there is no justification whatsoever to keep Appleton.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Agreed but starting from the next appointment 

Appleton has lost the fans, lost some of the players. Time will not heal this
  • Options
    If you missed the start of this mornings Charlton Live, Louis Mendez was saying the board are meeting right now and have a decision to make on MA 🤷‍♂️
    if it's true that the board are meeting this morning then there can only be one outcome
  • Options
    I said it last night and I'll gladly say it again. I really hope todays meeting is to discuss compensation and targets for his replacement

im hanging on Dubai's words here but I'm hoping the decision to wield the axe has been made 
  • Options
    Professional pay-off hunter.