Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 21
    Croydon said:
    Hal1x said:
    It will never work if we stick to the same cycle, we need to give a manager time to work with the players that he recruited.
    What have you seen from Appleton to suggest he can coach a team to promotion next season? 
    All I can see is a ongoing cloud of future despair, I think we will reprise this argument ad infinitum until we luck in on a Curbishley, who I think had the cushion of no transfer windows.
  • Options
    If you missed the start of this mornings Charlton Live, Louis Mendez was saying the board are meeting right now and have a decision to make on MA 🤷‍♂️
    I just listened after reading this, Malc, and unfortunately Louis doesnt actually say there is a meeting today. He only refers to Methven making a phone call after the game “with a right face on him”. I iunderstood him just to mean that if they do not sack him today that is still a decision. 
  • Options
    If we win on Tuesday he stays?!!
    Shiver!!!
  • Options
    If you missed the start of this mornings Charlton Live, Louis Mendez was saying the board are meeting right now and have a decision to make on MA 🤷‍♂️
    I just listened after reading this, Malc, and unfortunately Louis doesnt actually say there is a meeting today. He only refers to Methven making a phone call after the game “with a right face on him”. I iunderstood him just to mean that if they do not sack him today that is still a decision. 
    Trying to be objective there's more than one way "decision" could be read. For example, do they get rid right now and give Fleming/Pearce time while they search, or do they keep him on while they search, or maybe they have someone in mind already who is not instantly available etc etc.

I can't think that they are blind to what is happening but they may have to get approval from the money men if a payoff is involved etc.
  • Options
    Personality of an amoeba get him gone, he’s lost the fan base and probably the dressing room, new incumbents excepted.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Trying to be objective there's more than one way "decision" could be read. For example, do they get rid right now and give Fleming/Pearce time while they search, or do they keep him on while they search, or maybe they have someone in mind already who is not instantly available etc etc.

I can't think that they are blind to what is happening but they may have to get approval from the money men if a payoff is involved etc.
    Yes you make good points. I only wanted to post that Louis had not in fact said that there was a formal meeting going on today. Like others, i was interested in the idea that such a meeting was happening. I’m sure there are various calls going on though. 
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Means he will get to manage the away game at Blackpool next Saturday and have both sets of fans booing him. 
    Oh good I’ll be there and he’ll be getting both barrels 😈
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 21
    Awful month of fixtures coming up so will be a baptism of fire if he is jogged on.  

Load of shit and he just stands there gormless.

Russel Slade just stood with his hand in his pockets and Apples is quiet and undemonstrative.

Funny in retrospect was when the lively Luzon was manager the night we were 2-0 down to Norwich and Charlton weren't getting a kick. I said to the family and supporters around me I'm going to tell Guy Luzon to put Tony Watt on as Igor was struggling with no partner, as soon as Guy came out the tunnel I was polite but walked along the front of the stand standing on a few toes but adamant that he needed to be pro active now ! He looked at me and nodded and within 10 Seconds Tony magic feet Watt came out the tunnel and was on before the 2nd half kicked off. Of course I took the credit but...

Great 2nd half and both Igor and Tony scored but a very good Norwich won 3-2

They were glory days compared to now.

• Options
    Awful month of fixtures coming up so will be a baptism of fire if he is jogged on.  

Load of shit and he just stands there gormless.

Russel Slade just stood with his hand in his pockets and Apples is quiet and undemonstrative.

Funny in retrospect was when the lively Luzon was manager the night we were 2-0 down to Norwich and Charlton weren't getting a kick. I said to the family and supporters around me I'm going to tell Guy Luzon to put Tony Watt on as Igor was struggling with no partner, as soon as Guy came out the tunnel I was polite but walked along the front of the stand standing on a few toes but adamant that he needed to be pro active now ! He looked at me and nodded and within 10 Seconds Tony magic feet Watt came out the tunnel and was on before the 2nd half kicked off. Of course I took the credit but...

Great 2nd half and both Igor and Tony scored but a very good Norwich won 3-2

They were glory days compared to now.

Was that the game where the Norwich forward lobbed our network keeper (he went on to be good). I blame you for not telling Luzon to instruct the keeper to stay on his line
  • Options
    I said it last night and I'll gladly say it again. I really hope todays meeting is to discuss compensation and targets for his replacement

im hanging on Dubai's words here but I'm hoping the decision to wield the axe has been made 
    What’s Dubai said?
  • Options
    For entertainment value alone I’d like to see him given a couple more games.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I said it last night and I'll gladly say it again. I really hope todays meeting is to discuss compensation and targets for his replacement

im hanging on Dubai's words here but I'm hoping the decision to wield the axe has been made 
    What’s Dubai said?
    Said if he was a betting man, he'd expect Appleton wouldn't be there on Tuesday 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Means he will get to manage the away game at Blackpool next Saturday and have both sets of fans booing him. 
    Bring me back a stick of rock.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Peppermint or fruit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Peppermint or fruit?
    Anyone choosing fruit needs their harddrive checking 
    That’ll probably be Elfs then 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Peppermint or fruit?
    Both, you tight git.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Peppermint or fruit?
    Both, you tight git.
    👍 Pot and kettle 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Brownie12 said:
    seth plum said:
    Shiver!!!
    Peppermint or fruit?
    Both, you tight git.
    👍 Pot and kettle 😉

Hmmmm, at least I get the beers in :)
  • Options
    Reams on other forum saying Michael Appleton has been sacked 
  • Options
    chev said:
    He said what others on here have said, that he is hearing he has been but nothing from the club itself.
  • Options
    chev said:
    I hope so!! Three fckn times now I've opened up CL and got excited because the start of this thread name.
  • Options
    Being reported across various sites that he’s gone.