Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

Comments

• Options
    Michael Duff would be a great appointment if we could convince him.

Especially as he's worked with Alfie May, and plays the style we're looking to go

Cmon Mike, you know it makes sense - I signed you enough times in Championship Manager, you won endless honours under my stewardship - Time to return the favour!!
    Agree...Michael Duff is the manager I'd want, ticks all the boxes with regards to formation. Would he come to us? I would hope that the players signed in this window could attract a better quality of manager than we did last time. 
    To be honest I'd be happy with anyone who has shown the slightest amount of promise - Even an U21 Manager from the Premier League or someone who has been working abroad... Take how Kieran McKenna is doing at Ipswich for example.

What I dont want is someone accustomed to League One, because thats all they can achieve.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    I think his gone before Tuesday if not lose and he will be gone. Fucking garden gnome.
    A garden gnome would have more personality than Appleton 
  • Options
    With Curtis Fleming coming in, people speculated about Nigel Pearson potentially replacing Appleton. I think he may have an illness at the moment though? Could be a possibility.
  • Options
    Digging Jones out for making the same error as against P'boro.
  • Options
    We did play with two holding and "Bakes" further forward you plonker.
  • Options
    HandG said:
    My son is a nutter bought tickets for Blackpool and Derby, he’s taking his Derby ticket back, he’s had enough of him.
    I got train tickets for Derby(haven't got round to buying match tickey yet) wondering if i can flog train tickets now as they are non refundable, either that or just spend a day in Derby and come home 🤣
    @paulie8290 How many have you got and how much were they?
    Just the 1 adult return and it was £37 
  • Options
    Such a great coach though. 
    Brilliant was the description 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If I was a betting man, I would say he won’t be in charge on Tuesday.. watch this space 
    That's encouraging...heard any rumours?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was wondering when Curtis Fleming joined if that was with one eye on Nigel Pearson joining him soon.

With some of the comments that Alfie May allegedly made today maybe it was already decided it was to be Appleton’s last game?
  • Options
    I was wondering when Curtis Fleming joined if that was with one eye on Nigel Pearson joining him soon.

With some of the comments that Alfie May allegedly made today maybe it was already decided it was to be Appleton’s last game?
    What is Alfie supposed to have said? Where is this mentioned?
  • Options
    Enough is enough. He has to go. 
  • Options

What is Alfie supposed to have said? Where is this mentioned?
    Read back the match thread, comments made to fans there after the game or people lip reading from the TV footage. Sorry can’t remember what exactly.
  • Options
    Andy Scott has scatter gunned his transfers this Jan with a load of journeymen like he did at Forest. Time for him to do the same with the manager for a 3rd time.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    If I was a betting man, I would say he won’t be in charge on Tuesday.. watch this space 
    Please let this be true 🤌🏼
  • Options
    May was lip read to be saying either "Appleton (or It) is fucking shit" then later "he's got to go"
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What have you heard Dubai? 
    Based on what he posted, I think he has heard Appleton will be sacked 😂

sorry for the sarcasm @RedRobin it's all
    I have left!!!
    Haha i want more detail! I’ll let you have it 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Scott has scatter gunned his transfers this Jan with a load of journeymen like he did at Forest. Time for him to do the same with the manager for a 3rd time.
    It’s League 1, what other type of players can you sign? Half of them are too young to even be journeymen, their careers are still getting going.
  • Options
    He has obviously lost the respect of the players, certainly has with us fans plus the reported/alleged  falling out with Andy Scott.
  • Options
    I’d like Rowett or Duff. Not sure either would come mind. 
  • Options
    cblock said:
    He has obviously lost the respect of the players, certainly has with us fans plus the reported/alleged  falling out with Andy Scott.
    Falling out with Scott? Any more detail?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Third time lucky in appointing a manager for this lot?
    The Duchatelet years all over again.
  • Options
    cblock said:
    Falling out with Scott? Any more detail?
    There were rumours of a shouting match in the dressing room after one recent game
  • Options
    edited January 20
    RedRobin said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    What have you heard Dubai? 
    That Curtis Fleming is taking over, it's obvious.

PS, He has very little experience so would not go down well imo.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    I’d like Rowett or Duff. Not sure either would come mind. 
    My mate has mentioned Rowett a few times and it wouldn't work

A run of 3/4 bad games and he would have the fanbase against him because of his Millwall connections 
  • Options
    #appledonut