Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

Comments

• Options
    The mother of all circuses. Beyond that, I'm speechless.
  • Options

Warnock to Blackburn ?

Who's gonna accept the job now ? certainly not someone who's already got one.
    Warnock has 6 weeks left on his contract, which is not being renewed by Leeds.
  • Options
    Now that's funny
  • Options
    the owners must be baldists.

Berg, Kean & now Appleton.
  • Options
    there will be plenty of takers, loads desperate enough to get back into management.
  • Options
    Madness...and to think people moan about our board i'd rather have them then that bunch of headless chickens at Blackburn.
  • Options

I really couldn't understand why they appointed him in the first place. He took charge at Portsmouth & they were relegated. I admit that probably no one could have kept them up, but I couldn't see anything to suggest he was a good manager. He has Lee Clark's personality & Voldemart's appearance.

He did nothing special at Blackpool. The only reason Blackburn appointed him is because they are clueless.

I bet big Sam's sides are splitting. It was a ridiculous decision to sack Allardyce & appoint Kean & I'm glad they are struggling. I hope the same happens to W Ham if they sack Big Sam.

I hope the same thing happens to West Ham whether they sack him or not.
  • Options
    Ok I'll do it. Curbishley 14/1
  • Options
    Parky maybe...

The only reason Appleton keeps getting a job is I guess because he's cheap. Parky fits the bill perfectly
  • Options

there will be plenty of takers, loads desperate enough to get back into management.

It's a no brainer for an out of work manager. If you do well, it raises your profile for better things and if you fail you get a nice pay off.

Bizarre as to why he left Blackpool for them though, can't have much sympathy for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I predict Blackburn will get relegated next season, absolute shambles at the moment. Having potentially 4 managers in one season is unbelievable.

Michael Appleton is a rubbish manager anyway, never understood how he got that job.
  • Options
    If not parky then maybe Di Canio

Now that would be entertainment
  • Options
    He must have a decent agent
  • Options
    No way will di Canio go there, he wouldn't last 5 games.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm sending them my CV with a copy of my Football manager save game attached. Stranger things have happened..........................
  • Options
    Gary Bowyer to take charge until end of season - is he bald?
  • Options
    JT said:

Brett Lee ?
  • Options
    Shearer to take over and Owen to replace him on MOTD?
  • Options

I'm sending them my CV with a copy of my Football manager save game attached. Stranger things have happened..........................

Are you bald?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They gave Leon Best 35k a week. Owners deserve to go down.
  • Options
    There are a lot of things that are not exactly ideal about the current ownership of our football club, but let's face it, this just shows exactly how much worse it could be! I am now dreading CP shaving his head and heading north for a 'new challenge'...
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2013
    Too far north for Curbs

Anyway, can safely say he'd never get involved with that lot
  • Options
    A Venky's chicken lasts longer than the Blackburn manager.
  • Options
    Madness. Hope they go down but no sympathy for Appleton after he left Blackpool so quickly.

Compared to some Boards, TJ and MS have the patience of saints.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Madness. Hope they go down but no sympathy for Appleton after he left Blackpool so quickly.

Compared to some Boards, TJ and MS have the patience of saints.

They sacked Adkins.

• Options
    Looks like Brian McDermott won't be out of work for too long.
  • Options
    But he's bald so will last 2 months before the sack.
  • Options
    Replacement? Please let it be Dowie.
  • Options

It's a no brainer for an out of work manager. If you do well, it raises your profile for better things and if you fail you get a nice pay off.

Bizarre as to why he left Blackpool for them though, can't have much sympathy for him.
    But this is the guy who was genuinely surprised when Portsmouth went down the financial plughole after he took over. Clearly not someone who pays much attention to the news...