Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Michael Appleton sacked - (2013 thread resurrected for wishful thinking purposes.)

Comments

• Options
    It will be a big change to the great passing football of O'Driscoll.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

It will be a big change to the great passing football of O'Driscoll.

Dickov was mooted as manager a couple of weeks ago ... I wonder where the Appleton rumours arose, perhaps someone causing mischief, having a laugh. About O'Driscoll. His heart's in the right place but playing that style of football in the hurly burly championship requires very special players and there are not that many around. Donny tried the pretty stuff, it was OK for a season but then led to relegation. Playing pragmatic yet still quite attractive football has got promotion again. That word again, pragmatic Mr Ryan wants a situation where his side can stabilise in a higher division, if this means no frills & tough guy stuff, so be it.
  • Options
    Can't believe Appletons being linked with the England U21's , next it will be Man City , Everton and Real Madrid.
  • Options
    Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet 19m
    BREAKING: Michael Appleton has moved from 7/2 to 5/2 to take charge at Sheffield United. http://sky.me/13EZIig
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
  • Options
    Just seen our old favourite Michael Appleton on Sky Sports News, he looks like Lou Ferrigno (Hulk)
  • Options
    I find this thread very unsettling with no photo of Michael Appleton as suggested replacement for this post

? @cobbles ?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    LenGlover said:

I find this thread very unsettling with no photo of Michael Appleton as suggested replacement for this post

? @cobbles ?

Don't bother cuddles Len he's busy at work not to mention deciding how to deal with a love letter from an admirer and iborg is planning a trip back to blighty, here you go;
    So how about this candidate as his replacement?
  • Options
    Appleton is a Leicester isn't he - good luck to him
  • Options
    I think he should just change his name to a nice double barrelled number.

Michael Appleton-Sacked
  • Options
    Great result for him today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great start, even better post match interview with a lovely talking about himself in 3rd person moment.

"Today's not about Michael Appleton, it's about Leicester City"
  • Options
    🤞 today is the day
  • Options
    It has to be surely, how long and how far do we drop before he goes?
  • Options
    Not sure whether they will do it before end of the window?  Do players sign for unknown managers?  Even if that's better than signing for shit ones.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    🤞 today is the day
    I hope you're right, but I'm still not convinced that the board are ready to swallow their pride and admit their mistake.
  • Options
    Thishful winking
  • Options
    Not convinced we will. They’ll give him a few games with the signings to see if there’s improvements. 
  • Options
    That would mean the directors would admit they've made another mistake. 

We're more likely to go down than have that happen. 
  • Options
    He needs to go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m all for ‘supporting your team, and supporting your manager’ but will we stay up if we keep him till the Summer?

Question is who is out there and available, that is better?
  • Options
    Sacked 2 weeks into Feb is my prediction. Just not good enough. 

Waiting for someone to prove me wrong but financially in terms of fees spent I believe he has been backed better than any manager since Pardew? 

Actually maybe not there was that window we spent over a million on Sarr. No idea who was manager then though? Luzon? Peeters?
  • Options
    Let's hope so but...who is available?
  • Options
    I’m all for ‘supporting your team, and supporting your manager’ but will we stay up if we keep him till the Summer?

A random number generator would be better 
  • Options
    Worst manager since Fraeye?
    Fraeye was unquestionably terrible, but he was managing at a higher level. This is the third division, it’s absolutely unacceptable. 

I’m not actually sure they will sack him. I assume the flurry of signings is recognition that the squad’s not up to it, I think they might give him more time to see how he does with the new additions.
  • Options
    We’re very lucky Reading got points deducted. We are firmly in a relegation battle though, I can’t see MA ending this run without a win. He has to go.
  • Options
    Such a great coach though. 
  • Options

Michael Duff
    Challinor