Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bolton - Post match views

edited March 2013 in General Charlton
What a cracking turnaround, but more importantly, what a vital three points.

11 teams within 6 points. We are just 1 point off top half. A crazy league.

Look forward to hearing from those there

Comments

• Vital win, especially given that Wednesday, Wolves, Ipswich and Peterborough all won.
  • Fantastic win. One thing this team doesn't lack is heart. If we could get some talent in among that we'd be sorted. Anyway, when teams suffer setbacks like sendings off you have to make them pay for it. We did with a quick one-two punch and didn't let them back in. That's twice now we've had a decent side come to The Valley, take an early two goal lead and then go down to a team performance. Maybe we should always give away two early goals?

Bit of a shame that the teams below us almost all conspired to win but the important thing was the 3 from us and we got it. Delighted
  • Stayed off the match thread today. I bet I enjoyed listening to the game a lot more for it.
  • Football. Bloody hell.
  • Really enjoyed that and I have to eat some humble pie about fuller being finished as he did put the effort in today. Can't believe how well most of the bottom teams did but this edges us that bit closer to safety.
  • Well done guys...a much needed win.

What's your run in like although as results prove no match is predictable!
  • What a cracking turnaround, but more importantly, what a vital three points.

11 teams with 6 points. We are just 1 point off top half. A crazy league.

Look forward to hearing from those there

That is one hell of a relegation battle.

Meant CH on other thread anyway cheeses.
  • Can't take much more when that 7 mins added time came I couldn't bare to look a much needed win a little mention to Hughes thought he played well broke up play well played simple balls
  • Every emotion in 97 minutes! Why the game can be so brilliant! Why supporting Charlton can be so draining! Echoes of the Cardiff match today. Hughes was the calming influence we need in the middle. Harriott a gem of a winger. Kettle was good to us for once. Three points. Come on you Reds. Now for a celebratory drink!!
  • That's twice now we've had a decent side come to The Valley, take an early two goal lead and then go down to a team performance.

Maybe we should always give away two early goals?

As opposed to giving away late goals?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• We have shown some great spirit this afternoon.....2 down on 19 mins and then the team seem to grow a heart and just played their socks of.....led by young harry and JJ......fuller stepped up in second half as well......are we safe with 50 points?..I'm not sure but we have given ourselves a great chance now....any 'unknowns' in Directors Box today? would have been a good game to help sell the club!! Ah the joys of following the Addicks......as for those I upset on the thread I apologise.....but I shorten names to help me and yes I guess Cal is easier, but I always use surnames....old habits I'm afraid.
  • Thank god.

Two weird goals for them initially, seem to come from nothing other than bad concentration from Dervite/Morrison. Thought Hamer should've done better for their second.

After that we played well. Hughes was excellent and Harriot's directness is so needed in this static squad. Glad Fuller was in monster rather than mouse mode as it was badly needed and paid dividends being heavily involved in goals 2 and 3.

Still sat back too much for my liking but we needed that monkey off our back. They should've, in my opinion, had three sent off. The high tackle on Solly looked disgraceful.

COYR.
  • Hey RM, you de man !

Anyone slags you off I'll ave em
  • Harry sounds like one in the mould of Solly - tenacious, brave and not so tall as for it to become a problem. Go on!
  • Listening online while on holiday and that was a gutsy performance.Well done SCP,you've instilled some attitude in the players at last for home fans to see.An excellent effort to come back from 2-0 down,seems like Jackson's goal was crucial.Fuller too hot to handle,hope his injury heals soon,may need his experience as we push for a play-off place!! Was that the same ref as at Oldham last season when three were sent-off? Support at the ground sounded
    great.
  • Ok, great fight back today and well deserved and needed 3 points. So, to win at home we have to go 2 goals behind. Cracked it!!
  • It a funny old game ! Could have been 4 down after 5 minutes. As soon as we scored Bolton folded and never looked like the same side. Very spirited performance , its just a shame all the other teams around us won.
    Fuller was a different player from recent weeks and Hughes busted a gut .
  • A tremendously exciting second half and a memorable victory in the end. I thought that Wiggins, Harriott and Solly were first class and Hughes did well for a 35 year old who hasn't played for 18 months. The central defence was a bit of a nightmare in the first half, Hamer should have done better with their second goal and the weaknesses in the side are there for all to see. Still, you can't argue with coming back from a two goal deficit against a team who were running around in the Premier League last year.

Three absolutely vital points (especially in the light of what happened elsewhere) and we are nearly there in terms of securing our Championship future for next season.
  • as for those I upset on the thread I apologise.....but I shorten names to help me and yes I guess Cal is easier, but I always use surnames....old habits I'm afraid.

Absolutely, 100%, no need for any apologies from you Red we all knew who you meant.

Looking forward to the thoughts of those there but it sounds like an excellent, battling, performance from the lads, who refused to give up and we scored at good times and when we were on top. Two off the line as well wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2013

as for those I upset on the thread I apologise.....but I shorten names to help me and yes I guess Cal is easier, but I always use surnames....old habits I'm afraid.

Stick with Harry, RedMid ........ and Stevo, Morro, Kermo, Wiggy, etc.

Anyone who follows the match thread regularly has always known who you mean.

It's never been a problem before.

• A terrific win after being 2 down. I didn't see the game but I'll wager that Hughes had a big hand (or foot) in the win, we've needed that touch of aggression from a tough guy all season. A fighting performance against a bang in form side, come on you ADDICKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .. I'll be interested to read what Kermorgant and Fuller made of their partnership up front and if Harriott was able to get plenty of crosses into them
  • Blew out today, man flu, engineering works, cold - gutted COYR
  • Blew out today, man flu, engineering works, cold - gutted COYR

Ah ...... so that's the reason we won today.

• Great performance. Wiggins was absolutely superb today, and the midfield were very sharp. Fuller was mostly very bad and then burst into life in the second half - something he's done before, to be fair. Jackson and Kermo were leaders - if ever Jackson gets injured, Yann has to be captain!

Hamer - hmm. But we won so I'll leave him alone. His distribution, at least, is Premiership-class.
  • I couldn't watch Kermo take that pen.
  • Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
    Well done boys. We needed it.
  • edited March 2013

I couldn't watch Kermo take that pen.

Nor could I.

But then, I was in Cornwall.

• Unbelievable game, can't believe people left after 2 0 bet they feel stupid. Quality performance from the lads
  • No they will just say its unacceptable to be 2 down at home and Powell needs to go