Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bolton - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Hearing that Bolton had. Player sent off in the tunnel?
  • Options
    It was a great penalty, absolutely buried it in the bottom corner.

What a free kick he has on him too
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Blew out today, man flu, engineering works, cold - gutted COYR

Ah ...... so that's the reason we won today.

Probably did miss Barnsley and Boro due to holibobs though.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Bit of a shame that the teams below us almost all conspired to win but the important thing was the 3 from us and we got it.

Exactly, Gary.

No point looking over our shoulder. All we need to do is look after our own result.

And today we got it.

• Options
    How did gower do
  • Options
    Thank F for that. Would have been in it up to out ears if we had lost. Didnt know we were 2 nil down !!
    Crazy league.
  • Options
    Gower looked tidy but not a physical presence at all - probably needs two other CMs alongside him, but given protection looks like he can pull strings
  • Options
    He is a baller not a brawler he has good technique hope he gets to show it
  • Options
    Andy Hughes was my man of the match. Looked shakey for first 10 mins then settled down and took control of the midfield. He let Jackson push forward more, he broke up the play and was constantly encouraging everyone else. If only he was 25 not 35.

Overheard both our fans and boltons fans saying ref won it for us. Both of Ricketts yellows were correct, clear penalty as well. The second yellow for the second red was dubious but had no effect on the game.

Deserved the win in the end but not convinced by Dervite at all. His mistake for the first and was too deep at the start of the attack for the second goal. He always looks like a mistake in coming. Luckily the other 3 defenders were solid.

We need to start better on Tuesday but if we play like we did in the middle section of todays game then we will get goals and we will get something from the game.
  • Options
    Bolton should have been down to 9 earlier for the choke-slam on a player through on goal anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are in danger of relegation then so are Burnley and Derby. I can't imagine they are losing much sleep...........
  • Options
    What a brilliant afternoon! When we went 2-0 down I was expecting us to ship 5 or 6 given how badly we were playing but what a turnaround.
    Great atmosphere and my nerves were shredded in injury time.
    Kermy's pen made my day!
  • Options

Unbelievable game, can't believe people left after 2 0 bet they feel stupid. Quality performance from the lads

was dissapointing to see people leave with that much time to go,jackson goal made all the differnce 2 down at half time would have been difficult.but these slow starts are a killer,we really need to be alert from the start other sides have no problem with this .we seem to need to go behind before we start playing.
  • Options
    Agree with Beds, we should have been burried in the first 4 minutes. A right shambles from the kick off. When we got one back we started to believe and when Hughes and Jackson sorted themselves out we were back on par with them.
    Fantastic win, been waiting for a game like that since Cardiff!
  • Options
    Who's up for spamming the Foxes messageboard with gifs of Kermy's penalty today? :D
  • Options
    Big win but still think we need two more wins. Thought defence had a shocker for their opener and Hamer was awful for the second. Bolton sat back and it was a big mistake as we came at them and Jackson's goal was vital. We came out brightly after half time and have a feeling some tough words were had. When Gower came on I thought he was a bit rusty but showed some touches that suggest he'll be in the team soon enough. Relief all round at full time.
  • Options
    What a game! I watched from the North Stand for a change - used my son's ticket.

It had everything: sendings off, injured ref, a penalty and the mighty reds coming back from 2 goals down. At the end of the game I saw the ref brandish another yellow before he left the pitch. He did seem to be a bit free and easy with his cards.

After their first goal I was afraid we were in for another miserable afternoon and possibly a rout - how wrong can you be? Great team performance. Yann was the man. Harriot was impressive again, but maybe he's a little too keen on the fancy stuff? Wasn't impressed with the defence initially and wondered where Cort was - not even on the bench?
  • Options
    Today's win was so important. It'll help to get that monkey off our backs. A great performance I think and well pleased for Chris because you could tell he really wanted that home win for the fans. Well happy in California. :-)
  • Options
    And that's what happens when you play the ball to Fulleras feet
  • Options
    I reckon 54 points will do as a lot of the clubs below us have still to play each other
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashamed to admit it, but at two down I was as close as I've been in the last twenty years to walking out. Thank god I didn't. Thought gower looked good when he came on - a calming influence and always available, like less flustered Stephens.

Was that kermo's first spot kick since his infamous leicester miss? For some reason I never had a doubt he'd bury it.

Feels alright, doesn't it? Winning on a Saturday I mean.
  • Options
    Thought Andy Hughes was excellent today, always looked for players in space and his passing was pretty much spot on each time. Harriott was a constant headache for Bolton's defence all game and wiggins looked solid behind him. After going 2-0 down thought we were in for a right drubbing, but we pulled together, and even before Jackson pulled one back, thought we looked like we could get something from the game. Second half performance for Fuller made up for his poor first half, and he did amazingly well for the penalty. Still buzzing after that game, think ill go and renew my season ticket now.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

What a game! I watched from the North Stand for a change - used my son's ticket.

It had everything: sendings off, injured ref, a penalty and the mighty reds coming back from 2 goals down. At the end of the game I saw the ref brandish another yellow before he left the pitch. He did seem to be a bit free and easy with his cards.

After their first goal I was afraid we were in for another miserable afternoon and possibly a rout - how wrong can you be? Great team performance. Yann was the man. Harriot was impressive again, but maybe he's a little too keen on the fancy stuff? Wasn't impressed with the defence initially and wondered where Cort was - not even on the bench?

Great win!

Kettle is know for dealing out cards. I still remember the game against Oldham last season, where 9 yellows were given, leading to 2 red cards, plus a direct red card, it was crazy!
  • Options
    After 5 minutes I thought Bolton were going to run up a cricket score, and I'd have taken Fuller off at half-time- wrong on both counts!
  • Options
    Agree with Stone. Missed Blackpool so this is the first win I've seen this year. Fantastic performance. I said to my daughter I thought we'd be 5-0 down after their first goal. Thought both Hughes and Dervite started badly, but both came good, we need that steel from Hughes. Thought Jackson, Kermo, Pritch, Solly, Fuller, Wiggins and Harriot were all immense today. So glad we held on, what a great feeling.
  • Options
    Big Yann's reaction after the final whistle was a joy to behold. And I forgot to mention harriot's performance today - immense. Reckon we've got something special there.
  • Options
    There is a Pritchard 5 and two Wiggins 6 scores on the players marks thread. Seriously.
  • Options

Andy Hughes was my man of the match. Looked shakey for first 10 mins then settled down and took control of the midfield. He let Jackson push forward more, he broke up the play and was constantly encouraging everyone else. If only he was 25 not 35.

I like Hughes, and the positive effect he has on his teammates is obvious, however he was a bit off the pace today.

Hamer was perhaps a bit flat footed for their second, then again it was a well placed effort as their player had time to pick his spot.

Wiggins, Solly, Jackson and Kermorgant were excellent. Powell showed his mettle today - I don't know what was said at half time, but it did the trick

• Options
    Dervite looked a liability first half but did well in the second, Fuller was 50% awful 50% very good. Hughes great after shakey start, very vocal motivating others. Gower tidy but dallied on ball on one occasion that could've been costly.
    One thing I don't get is why after going 3-2 up Yann dropped into a midfield role and we just sat back and invited pressure. Great comeback though, team certainly has heart.