Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall excuses bingo

Comments

• Options
    It's less than 1%, it always is.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    From an ultras' site I go on...

"One word to describe that game. Madness.

All I can say is I saw lots of what was going on. It all kicked off after Wigan got their second goal. Then after that it just went mad on that corner of the ground. And when I mean it went mad , it went REALLY mad!

At first, the punches started flying amongst fans in that corner of the ground. It turned into a mass brawl. A couple of minutes in, the old bill came in to break it up. Out of the blue, that group stopped punching each other and turned on the old bill. The old bill then ran away back into the tunnel. They simply got scared as they are more used to their technology and cameras instead of the old hands on approach. Then for 10 minutes straight, it again went off amongst fans in that corner. The punches were getting thrown were non-stop for that whole time. Then the old bill returned and started to bash anyone with their batons.

Now for the causes of what happened. As for other firms present, I can't confirm that West Ham or Chelsea were there but I noticed that one of the brawlers appeared to have a Palace tattoo when he took off his top. Also as a whole lot of us were shouting at that group to stop fighting (we don't like seeing Millwall fans fighting other Millwall fans), one guy who I see at The Den now and then was adamant that West Ham was there. How true that was I don't know but what disgusted me was that there was little kids were getting caught up in it. As I got out of the stadium after the match, I saw a man lying in a pool of blood and I was told he was West Ham. I don't know how true is that was but guy was in a real bad way with his head split open.

Around the stadium after the game as I was starting to make my way home, I got talking to an old boy who gave me another story. He told me that he saw a kid getting tripped up by some coked-c*** and someone with that kid squared up to the bully boy and the brawl started from there. But one thing we both agreed on is that there were a number faces there that we have not seen at The Den before. Not regular basis anyway.

I can honestly tell you lot, I can't give you a proper reason why all that happened. Not for the time being anyway. All I know is that we will be in the shit for this. I can go on and on but I am so knackered, I will talk more tomorrow. All I know is them media c**** are going to have a field day with this.

Millwall. No one likes us. We don't care! I f****** love this club! "

Soooo, it was West Ham's fault?! I should have guessed that, West Ham fans buying tickets to see their most hated rivals rather than doing an easy away trip down to Southampton.

I love the fact this was broadcast to the whole world. Whilst it wasn't all Millwall fans, they have come across as being utterly classless.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Only Millwall are capable of making such ridiculous excuses.

It was the fault of another club who weren't playing in that match and wasn't even in the local area!
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

But one thing we both agreed on is that there were a number faces there that we have not seen at The Den before. Not regular basis anyway. "

Yeah, about 25,000.......
  • Options
    Pikeys
  • Options
    The truth is that Millwall fans were perfect in every way yesterday. The anti-Millwall media spliced in the trouble to sustain the viewing figures for ESPN after Wigan scored their second and killed the game. The trouble was filmed by actors in Poznams stadium for just such an eventuality.
    Millwall fans were brilliant and wonderfully sporting in every way yesterday, each Millwall fan when they arrived at the match, gave a Wigan fan a sweet posy of flowers...but did the biased anti-Millwall media show that? Of course not because it would play against their anti-Millwall agenda
  • Options
    he isnt totaly wrong re not seeing them faces before or regularly tho-------------Smallwall gate at theshit hole 9,000 ------------their tickets sold yesterday 30K so knoblet its the MAJORITY you havent seen before.
  • Options
    After some fighting in Newcastle this afternoon, Millwall will claim that every team has their bad element and they shouldn't be punished for something that is in every club.
  • Options

First of all - I resent the comment 'Millwall are the scum of the earth'. That little girl you saw there is Millwall. My 5 year old nephew and my 60 year old dad who were with me at the game today are Millwall. We, along with 99% of the Millwall fans in that stadium are no different to any other fans in the world.
    The people you saw in that footage are the scum of the earth

Note the contradiction within five lines - Millwall fans aren't the scum of the earth...then they are.

Idiot is tripping over himself to make excuses...

Read it again. What he's saying is that the people shown in the footage are not Millwall supporters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

First of all - I resent the comment 'Millwall are the scum of the earth'. That little girl you saw there is Millwall. My 5 year old nephew and my 60 year old dad who were with me at the game today are Millwall. We, along with 99% of the Millwall fans in that stadium are no different to any other fans in the world.
    The people you saw in that footage are the scum of the earth

Note the contradiction within five lines - Millwall fans aren't the scum of the earth...then they are.

Idiot is tripping over himself to make excuses...

Read it again. What he's saying is that the people shown in the footage are not Millwall supporters.
    They never are are though are they ?

• Options
    It's a stupid excuse just because you don't regularly see them doesn't mean they're not millwall supporters. If Charlton got to Wembley there would be about 15000 Charlton supporters who haven't been to a game in 7 years. Still Charlton supporters just the armchair fans.
  • Options
    Exactly norfolk
  • Options
    Usual excuses being rolled out by millwall.

Everyone else's fault but their own. Nothing new here.

• Options
    But I thought that the crowds they get at Wembly was an indication of just what a giant club they really are?

I am shocked to hear that this fan is claiming that this is just a lie and all those that went to the cup final and this game were just other fans on a day out.

We will soon know the truth one way or the other. If the scum get deducted points or banned from playing in the FA cup for (say) three years - they are a bigger club than we all thought.

If not, it confirms that they are a small club punching above their weight at this level, with a scummy support that attracts other scum.

• Options
    I guess when you really think about it, if no one likes them its probably not surprising they couldn't find someone to have a fight with and has to have a ruck with themselves...
  • Options
    unfortunately they are unlikely to be deducted points as it is the FA cup rather than a league game.

still, they have done well with their excuses this time, never even heard some of them before which is good.

one new thing I have heard them say before is OB were slow to come and sort out their little family/paternity issue, which realistically only Jeremy Kyle could sort out, but that would seem to be because other pictures seem to indicate that a few softie OB were trying asking politely to get there, but got stopped and bullied (by fans of other clubs of course). There did see to be a few soft hatted OB, is this softly softly approach to spanners a conscious decision????

I would have had robocops every few yards.

It does raise a question, which is quite pertinent bearing in mind the OB approach to our game, is the soft OB approach one that is always utilised where millwall fans are concerned or indeed the 'riots' that accured a couple of years ago??

the softly softly approach seems to be the norm now, for fear of criticism from the bleeding hearts brigade,.
  • Options
    Love reading their forums, they read like scripts from Snatch.
  • Options

Love reading their forums, they read like scripts from Snatch.

Do wat you slaaaag ;0)
  • Options
    It's all Maggie thatchers thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Atleast the scouse song always a victim can get a good airing next time we play them

There were some fans of other clubs there I saw Atleast 1 geeky looking spotty Nigel looking freak

So that proves palace were there

And with that many dick van dyke looking feckas it must be wet spam and the chimney boys

The kids that they all talk about that were exposed to it is the tragedy but the ironic part of it is these children are prob some of the same ones B highlighted in the pic that was showing the Turkish flags and cut throat gestures to Leeds

Millwall vs millwall is nothing new as many have said and witnessed following England
  • Options
    Just seen this on facebook

Nobody says anything about the trouble between Sunderland and Newcastle today, even though nearly 3 times as many people were arrested and there was much more violence! Ridiculous how people jump on the bandwagon for old stereotypes!

You've got to laugh.
  • Options
    Funny that considering the Newcastle troubles were the leading headline on Sky News earlier.

But of course, trust a Millwall fan to try and deflect the attention elsewhere.
  • Options
    A millwall fan accusing people of jumping on the bandwagon.

Look around you at Wembley mucca
  • Options
    I'd wait a few weeks before comparing arrest numbers. As we saw with the riots, police will use CCTV to identify people and then arrest them at their leisure.
  • Options

It's all Maggie thatchers thought

Telepathy from the dead?
  • Options
    Well it was a bit of a mad weekend for fv even without Newcastle and Millwall so maybe...
  • Options

Last night Shannon’s furious mum Jacqueline gave her builder son a telling off and ordered him to apologise. She said: “What he did was stupid.”

A bloodied third man was identified as 24-year-old Liam O’Kane. His brother claimed he was still in bed when The Sun called at his Sidcup home — as his mum cooked apple pie.

So one gets told off by his mum and another one gets apple pie for afters.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options

Last night Shannon’s furious mum Jacqueline gave her builder son a telling off and ordered him to apologise. She said: “What he did was stupid.”

A bloodied third man was identified as 24-year-old Liam O’Kane. His brother claimed he was still in bed when The Sun called at his Sidcup home — as his mum cooked apple pie.

So one gets told off by his mum and another one gets apple pie for afters.

You couldn't make it up.
    Ah bless , Mummy's special soldiers.