Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boston Bomb

Comments

• Options
    AC said:

I know I should get angry at the person/groups responsable. No doubt I am. But this infuriates me the most.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-muslims-response-boston-marathon-attack

Looking at some of the other Erik Rush headlines on that page, I'm not at all surprised. Plus he works for Fox!

Erik Rush: Gay Rights and Common Core Lead to 'Tyranny'

Erik Rush: Same-Sex Marriage Is an 'Anti-Theistic, Christophobic Design of the Radical Left'

Erik Rush: There Is a 50% Chance Obama Will Cancel the 2016 Elections and Become a Dictator

Erik Rush: Obama and Allies 'Merit Being Removed by Force of Arms'

• Options

Its not a numbers thing.what about the people who lost limbs, loss of vision ,hearing, or now TERRORISED to be in public places?

bombs left in pubs,buses,trains,kids toys ---------it happened here !!

Just reported that 25 - 30 people lost at least one limb!

• Options
    There were apparently some devices that failed to explode, should be very helpful in finding the slime that did this.
  • Options
    Terrible thing my thoughts are with those injured and the families of those killed. Hope they catch the f*****s and string them up publically
  • Options
    Appears a lot of hoax sites have sprung up promising $1 donation if you re-tweet etc to get hits or perhaps worse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/web-scams-arise-boston-blasts-article-1.1317782
  • Options
    JT said:

Conspiracy: A spanner getting the media spotlight off them.

Can't imagine why you'd try to make a joke of this.

• Options

Appears a lot of hoax sites have sprung up promising $1 donation if you re-tweet etc to get hits or perhaps worse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/web-scams-arise-boston-blasts-article-1.1317782

On a differnet level to those that carried it out but still - scum.
  • Options
    Know a bunch of folk who ran yesterday. fortunately all well.

Boston Marathon on Patriots Day attracts huge numbers and TV coverage, so easy to see why somebody looking to make a statement (no matter how sick) would choose to target it.

London should definitely go ahead as an act of support/defiance. We can't allow ourselves to be dictated to by pond life. I totally agree with WSS - good luck on Sunday! All being well I will be toeing the line in NY in November.
  • Options
    Only 2 devices apparently. So the news report about unexploded devices being found isn't true.

Pakistani taliban have denied involvement in the attack, can see this being a home grown attack. Hopefully that means no threat to the London Marathon.
  • Options
    I'm lucky to have run Boston twice, in 2009 and 2010, and like everyone else, I am devastated with what has happened. I watched the race live online yesterday, and turned it off briefly once the coverage ended with the elite finish, only to turn it back on once I heard via Twitter what had happened. What a horrifying series of sights and sounds.

It is heartbreaking to think of the effect that this will have both on this event, and (I would think) all large-scale public gatherings in the future. The Boston Marathon is such a beautiful celebration, run on a regional holiday, and virtually everyone who competes has earned their way there. It's one of those rare events where ordinary folk get to compete (at least figuratively!) shoulder to shoulder with the world's best. It has always been a joyous, carnival atmosphere, with runners sharing in their accomplishment (to merely get to the starting line) with lots of family around. It makes me sad to even this of such a wonderful event that can never be the same again. This isn't just any event.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the loss of life and injuries that we are hearing about. My thoughts and prayers remain with everyone affected by this senseless act.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    @ap: BREAKING: Person briefed on probe: Boston explosives made of pressure cookers with metal, ball bearings -MM

Not sure of the accuracy of the report. But from AP.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That poor family who lost their 8 yr old son

Forgive me if posted before

But he had just celebrated his dad completing the marathon

He was killed
    His sister has lost a leg
    And his mum seriously injured

This really hits home as a man with a son a daughter and wife

I hope those that did tbis face a lifetime of pain and suffering whilst alive and once they die an eternal rotting in hell
  • Options
    I'm afraid there are some very sick people around who will do something like this. Also worrying with the london marathon upcoming on sunday.
  • Options
    A mate lives out there with wife and twin girls. No reply to my contact in the last day but I am sure they're fine.

Boston is a fine place. It is my most favourite overseas city and the only place outside of the UK I have seriously considered living. Have had some serious fun there and using it as a base to get skiing up in NE etc.

Dirty bastard(s)

• Options
    limeygent said:

JT said:

Conspiracy: A spanner getting the media spotlight off them.

Can't imagine why you'd try to make a joke of this.

You beat me to it.

• Options
    Suspect arrested!
  • Options
    Authorities in America arrest a man after studying CCTV. Apparently seen dropping a bag off. No other info yet.
  • Options
    I think I've watched too much 24 as I'm half expecting the suspect to be granted immunity.

No one been arrested yet btw
  • Options
    BBC says arrest made.
  • Options
    Boston plod "Despite reports to the contrary there has not been an arrest in the Marathon attack."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "The FBI also said there had been "no arrests made," urging the media to "exercise caution"."
  • Options
    President has received suspect/ explosive? mail.
  • Options

President has received suspect/ explosive? mail.

One was sent to a senator the other day as well.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/15187_10201337628827889_1076849374_n.jpg

This image has appeared on Twitter with the suggestion it might be the two suspects.
  • Options
    are they the suspects ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not officially. Just someone on twitter is suggesting they are.
  • Options
    And if they aren't suspects two people have just had their photos spread all over the internet.
  • Options

And if they aren't suspects two people have just had their photos spread all over the internet.

Yep. God bless Twitter, eh? Modern-day witch hunts for hipster twats who think they're Columbo.

• Options
    The previously unidentified victim of Monday’s blasts was described Wednesday as a young woman whose ambitions and hard work took her from her rust-belt hometown in northeast China to graduate studies at Boston University.

The woman was identified as Lu Lingzi by a classmate, a Chinese university official and a state-run newspaper in her home city. Ms. Lu, 23, had moved to Boston to study statistics at Boston University after studying international trade at the Beijing Institute of Technology, according to a résumé that was posted online. In her hometown, Shenyang, The Shenyang Evening News, the state-run newspaper that announced her death, darkened its Web site in honor of a “Shenyanger who passed away in a far away place.”

Sad. R.i.p