Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boston Bomb

Comments

• Options
    DRAddick said:

Library incident now being described as a "fire" with no connection to the blasts.

very coincidental if thats the case
  • Options
    As someone pointed out earlier ?
  • Options
    That "man on the roof" image is proper eerie too
  • Options

Probably a photographre or something, people jump to conclusions.
  • Options

Probably a photographre or something, people jump to conclusions.
    Yeaaah more than likely.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

That "man on the roof" image is proper eerie too

Spectator on a roof at crowded sporting event, not unheard of
  • Options
    There are people on roofs all the time for maintenance. There were three different lots on our roof at work today alone for various things. That photo doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    Horrible
  • Options
    8 year old confirmed as one of the dead. Horrible
  • Options
    RIP unlucky people. Horrible scenes.

Been out this evening, has it been confirmed as a likely terrorist(against the west) attack?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RIP unlucky people. Horrible scenes.

Been out this evening, has it been confirmed as a likely terrorist(against the west) attack?

Called a "terror" attack (as it is). But nothing saying whether it's national or international.
  • Options
    Eight year old girl among dead, apparently.
  • Options
    My parents are both in Boston. Both are fine though! My dad ran but finished half an hour beforehand.

Words can't describe the fear that swept through me when I first heard.

RIP all those that lost their lives.

• Options
    Wow AC
  • Options
    I don't understand why, unless it was a "dress rehearsal", that they chose to "do" the Boston but not the London Marathon. Surely the London Marathon would reach more people?

Seems a little odd, I can't help feeling nervous as my father is running on Sunday. Also for charity and the guy wouldn't hurt a fly, but this does not matter to the virmin that poison our planet.

On reflection, I suppose Boston could be chosen for precisely this reason, to get people thinking and speculating about events that won't even occur.

Very depressing. These tradgedies are all too frequent in my opinion. Not a very good week for the state of society. With copious amounts of football violence, on which numerous threads I have steered cleared of, and this devastation, I do worry for the state of our planet, more specifically humans are doing to it, both environmentally and socially.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Eight year old girl among dead, apparently.

Horrible thing to read. No one should bury their child.
    Hope whoever done this is found and given the death sentence.
  • Options

I don't understand why, unless it was a "dress rehearsal", that they chose to "do" the Boston but not the London Marathon. Surely the London Marathon would reach more people?

Seems a little odd, I can't help feeling nervous as my father is running on Sunday. Also for charity and the guy wouldn't hurt a fly, but this does not matter to the virmin that poison our planet.

On reflection, I suppose Boston could be chosen for precisely this reason, to get people thinking and speculating about events that won't even occur.

Very depressing. These tradgedies are all too frequent in my opinion. Not a very good week for the state of society. With copious amounts of football violence, on which numerous threads I have steered cleared of, and this devastation, I do worry for the state of our planet, more specifically humans are doing to it, both environmentally and socially.

You're assuming the terrorist's aren't American.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    no,
    WHOEVER it is I hope them and their family rot in hell.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

You're assuming the terrorist's aren't American.
    That says a lot about me I suppose. Worryingly narrow minded from my part!
  • Options
    Brother does the PA on the finishing line at the London marathon. I'm sure the security will be extremely tight in city all this week with the funeral et al. As said this could be an American nutjob, still no facts,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JT said:

Wow AC

I count myself and my family very lucky. I can't imagine how others are feeling.

no,

I know I should get angry at the person/groups responsable. No doubt I am. But this infuriates me the most.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-muslims-response-boston-marathon-attack
  • Options
    AC said:

JT said:

Wow AC

I count myself and my family very lucky. I can't imagine how others are feeling.

no,

I know I should get angry at the person/groups responsable. No doubt I am. But this infuriates me the most.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-muslims-response-boston-marathon-attack
    Without a doubt the geezer's been hacked... Go on his profile and look at some of his responses. Surely noone is thick enough to make comments like that.
  • Options
    So shocked.

I was meant to be in Boston this week. Thank God the trip was cancelled last week. Feel sick thinking about it.

My team are based in an office a few blocks away from there and I visit every few months. Was absolutely terrified when I saw the news and recognized the street right away. Called my friends/colleagues there and fortunately they had all sprinted away from the scene as soon as possible and got home.

• Options
    No actual reports over who did it and why, so don't like people jumping to conclusions so quickly. We won't know for sure until days/weeks later who caused this tragedy.

RIP to the ones who lost their lives and hope the ones injured have a quick recovery.
  • Options
    It is Patriots Day in Massachusetts, which some are suspecting may have been a reason for some nationalistic involvement. Just speculation though.
  • Options
    Shows the worst and the best parts of humanity at times like this, I despair at times though
  • Options
    It might not be right but you can see why there is a level of hatred towards Muslims for it. I know 99.999% of them go about their daily lives causing no trouble at all, but everytime people are slaughtered by acts of terrorism, it's always a muslim that confesses/is caught to have done/doing it
  • Options

everytime people are slaughtered by acts of terrorism, it's always a muslim that confesses/is caught to have done/doing it

Thats patently not true - Oklahoma bombing, the Brixton Nail Bomber, the Norway Massacres are just three that spring to mind..without giving it too much thought

• Options
    I am shocked at this, but sadly not surprised. It will only be a matter of time before this happens in an arena/stadium.

R.I.P
  • Options
    There are many more extremists in this world than just Muslims. Therefore to say Muslims always confess/are caught is BS.

If i were taking a guess, North Korea could have used this event to draw attention away from themselves and their Nuclear plans.