Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boston Bomb

Comments

• Options
    I weep for mankind at times.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As someone who has competed in marathons both here and in the states it has occurred to me more than once how easy it would be to carry out something like this. Virtually everyone has some form of bag with them for one and due to their nature they are virtually impossible to police. Sadly it appears that that has become an eventuality.

Thoughts are very much with those out there at this time.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's a horrific thought that someone would target an event to raise charity for so many

Ball bearings found around the floor

Rip those that have passed god bless those injured

London marathon this weekend I wouldn't run it if I was the organisers
  • Options
    Horrific, just horrific.
  • Options

It's a horrific thought that someone would target an event to raise charity for so many

1000% it should be run NLA......can't let these absolute scumbags win.

• Options
    It's impossible to secure a 26 mile event :-(
    From the footage it's the spectators who got most the impact blast
  • Options
    Not saying for good but with the MT funeral and the marathon I would be fearful that we would not have enough time to be as security conscious as needed
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Citing a US intelligence official, the Associated Press reports two more explosive devices have been found at the Boston Marathon and are being dismantled.

Horrifying, really. Without getting too political as well, the majority of the people there would be running for a just cause, and the spectators largely friends, family and supporters of those causes. Such a barbaric, cowardly attack.
  • Options

Nah mate got to run it. Unless there is intelligence that suggests there are going to be attacks, it will go ahead.
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    These things give scum hope and little splinter groups try to out do the next one

Look at 7-7 wasn't long before the scum tried again

Postpone it and run it after enough time to gather information and understand what scum elemant have done this and of there are any of them here
  • Options

Nah mate got to run it. Unless there is intelligence that suggests there are going to be attacks, it will go ahead.
    Agreed, there's no reason to assume the London marathon is at any more risk than any other large gathering of people
  • Options
    I doubt the London marathon will be under threat by the same people. After 7/7 we did a great job of showing we weren't scared
  • Options
    Apparently another explosion at JFK library in Boston.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Apparently another explosion at JFK library in Boston.

NBC said that it was a mechanical fire earlier.
  • Options
    Boston Marathon is such an odd target.......... seems like nowhere is safe from terrorist scum, whatever their origin.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Scum absolute scum !
    Just imagine if that happened at this London Marathon, and it effected your family ! Just Sickening !
  • Options
    very depressing
  • Options
    PaulCAFC said:

Boston Marathon is such an odd target.......... seems like nowhere is safe from terrorist scum, whatever their origin.

Crowded event full of do gooders? Ideal target I you want to maim
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is a shame. Honestly surprised though that there isn't more domestic terrorism by terrorists, with sporting events, large areas where people gather, malls etc. In the end it is a shame that this happened at all.
  • Options
    Jesus.

R.I.P.
  • Options

Scum absolute scum !
    Just imagine if that happened at this London Marathon, and it effected your family ! Just Sickening !

Or Brighton yesterday as I was running
  • Options

These things give scum hope and little splinter groups try to out do the next one

Look at 7-7 wasn't long before the scum tried again

Postpone it and run it after enough time to gather information and understand what scum elemant have done this and of there are any of them here

Too soon and not enough facts to make that call yet NLA. For all we know it could be a domestic issue a la Timothy McVey.

If I were running this week, unless there was a specific threat, I would be very unhappy to be told it wasn't going ahead as a precaution. You do that and they win don't they really but I'm glad I don't have to make that call.
  • Options
    It's a different direction of attack dazzler not satisfied with striking the heart beat of the world or crippling transport networks whilst killing and maiming now they are targeting sporting events which in the main are supported by people trying to improve the world with charity

It's a terrible thing at any time or place but this is so terrible as a target

I just hope the numbers don't increase and that those who have been killed knew little or nothing about it
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Scum absolute scum !

Or Brighton yesterday as I was running
    Yes mate spot on !
    I live in Brighton too, that would be truely devastating for the city !
    But i think Londons more of a target.

• Options
    Just saw a picture with a guy's leg off. Probably the most horrible and terrible thing I've ever ever ever seen.
  • Options
    I don't like the thought of giving in to these scum I deliberately went about my business via the tube and train network immediately as I could after 7-7 as to try to do my bit to prove you can't beat us

But if I had to make the call in Sunday I would be bricking it big time
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just waiting for all the knobs to come out of there cave, who think every horrific terrorist attack was all a big conspiracy, really whind me up they do.
  • Options
    Agree Ad - but not the time for that discussion right now.