Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Robbie Elliot

Comments

• Options
    There is a good chance he will be playing in the championship next season with Newcastle. The best players always want away and budgets are adjusted down. Or if his current team dig their way out of the relegation scrap they're in he might not have his contract renewed when it runs out.
    If he has looked after his money while sitting down at Newcastle he can please his self what he does for the next 60 odd years he has left. I'm rather envious.
  • Options

Krul injured for Holland so may well get some game time now

More like Karl Darlow will get some game time now
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Darlow also out.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Darlow also out.
    Come in Big Fat Rob - your time is now

• Options
    Good luck Robbie.
  • Options
    Krul ruled out for the rest of the season - so it's now or never for Elliot at Newcastle...
  • Options
    Freddie woodmans loan to Crawley recalled, still splinters for Elliott
  • Options
    It sounds like he's not third choice, he's just last choice.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    With Darlow and now Krul out is it possible the guy being recalled from loan will be on the bench/compete with Rob?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm not even sure Rob is 2nd chance keeper at the moment, as Karl Darlow when fit is probably ahead of him.

So at the moment Rob is ahead of him?
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Dazzler21 said:

I'm not even sure Rob is 2nd chance keeper at the moment, as Karl Darlow when fit is probably ahead of him.

So at the moment Rob is ahead of him?
    I think I am ahead of Elliot
  • Options
    Elliot was sat on the bench last match. He really needs some games if he's even going to get a championship team next season.
  • Options
    This is Rob Elliott's big chance, to establish himself before Darlow is fit again.

Terrible luck for Krul, though a small consolation for him is that the Netherlands didn't qualify for Euro16 , so that least he won't miss it due to injury.
  • Options
    I think The Netherlands can still qualify via the playoffs
  • Options
    Robbie Elliott will start as i can't remember the last 18 year old to start in goal in the Premier ? Even thou Freddie Woodman has been the England U16/17/18 and now the U19 Keeper.

Who ever gets the nod will be busy.
  • Options
    Seen McClaren's comments today? Basically it's terrible they've lost Tim Krul, that'll cost them 18-20 points this season.

a) No it won't.
    b) Way to give confidence to the man coming in.
  • Options

Seen McClaren's comments today? Basically it's terrible they've lost Tim Krul, that'll cost them 18-20 points this season.

They could be going for Derby's record in that case
  • Options
    Didnt Newcastle lose 4-1 @ Man City the other season with Rob Elliot the only player coming out without any blame?
  • Options
    The mans delusional. Where did he think they were going to get 18-20 points from.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

a) No it won't.
    b) Way to give confidence to the man coming in.

He thinks that without Tim Krul, they'll end up with a negative number of points? That's one bad injury.
  • Options
    This is McClaren's last job . He's bricking it. Good luck , Rob!
  • Options
    Stack up on the Ibuprofen Rob. You are going to need them.
  • Options
    Starts for the barcodes today.....
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Starts for the barcodes today.....

good luck Robbie
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    3-2 to Newcastle after 35 minute.
  • Options
    Chris Sutton
    Former Norwich striker on BBC Radio 5 live Sports Extra
    Both teams look so vulnerable defensively. It is a lovely cushioned side-footed volley and Rob Elliot has no chance. Norwich are back in this game.
  • Options
    Bassong elbows Rob in head and draws claret
    5-2 to the toon Hatrick for wijnaldum
  • Options
    6-2. This is crazy.
  • Options
    4 for Wijnaldum !