Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poor Robbie Elliot

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Well done Robbie!
    He went on my mates stag. By all accounts, he's a genuinely nice bloke who puts others before him.
    Proper Charlton. Glad he's finally making the breakthrough injury free.
  • Options
    I know he hasn't played much for them but when he has i genuinely don't think i've seen him have a bad game for them.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I know he hasn't played much for them but when he has i genuinely don't think i've seen him have a bad game for them.

Thing the problem is with the general perception of Football and Goalkeepers these days though.

Elliot and other Goalkeepers regardless of their clubs have been at the receiving end of a serious thrashing i.e. the 5-1 result against Crystal Palace, when these results happen, the first reaction is: Who was the 'keeper in that match, he must have had a shocker

In truth it might be only 5-1 thanks to the Goalkeeper and had they not made some class saves it would have been at worse, they're simply the last line of the Defence and if the opposition player is pretty much waved straight through, what can the Goalkeeper do?

I know he makes mistakes (the Fulham spill) but that's why I cant get on Pope's back

i.e. he conceded three goals against Blackburn (taking that match as an example), looks bad on him at the time but when you watch it back he made some good saves to keep it down and had a outfield player made a tackle, the Blackburn player wouldn't have been gifted the opportunity to shoot and score (i.e. watch the Tom Lawrence goal when he ghosts past everyone).
  • Options
    Don't really get the hate for him earning good wages at Nufc. I'm not a big fan of his goalkeeping abilities but I still think fair play to him being there. I am sure he is having a great life up there. One that we would all love
  • Options

Some great Twitter banter after. That well known Geordie Rob Lee congratulated him on his performance for NUFC to which Robbie replied, "Wow, thanks, used to watch u at the Valley!"

Ever an Addick our Robbie, unlike Mr Lee...

I'm sure this 'Rob' nonsense as opposed to Robert is just a device to airbrush Charlton from his history.

*paranoia alert*
  • Options

Agreed, I can't recall a game where he's cost them points