Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slater's Predictions

Comments

• Options

What's Mel Smith doing with Mr Slater? Didn't know he was Charlton @miserableoldgit ;o)

The diet starts soon......-ish.......

• Options
    Don't know about you lot but I would much rather we had gone into administration and possibly get relegated from League One.........

Well done to the board.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Am I grateful for the board pumping in money to keep the club afloat yes.

Am I grateful for the board for backing Powell and not selling Solly et al last summer, yes.

Am I concerned about the lack of transparency from the board, yes .

Am I concerned about club stalwarts leaving the club (not just Airman), yes.

You don't have to have a black or white opinion on the board, it is ok to give some praise as well as vilifying them if you are in the anti board group and likewise those pro board supporters also need to realise there are justified concerns re some of theiir actions too.

Well said Mr One Lung.
  • Options
    Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

Am I grateful for the board for backing Powell and not selling Solly et al last summer, yes.

You don't have to have a black or white opinion on the board, it is ok to give some praise as well as vilifying them if you are in the anti board group and likewise those pro board supporters also need to realise there are justified concerns re some of theiir actions too.

Well said Mr One Lung.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Agreed too
    johnny73 said:

Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

Well said Mr One Lung.
    Agreed.
    johnny73 said:

Stig said:

MrOneLung said:

Well said Mr One Lung.
    Agreed.
    Agreed too.
  • Options
    I'm mostly grateful for what the board have done tbh, feel a lot more positive about the future than I did 36 months ago.

But I'm watching them. . . . . . .
  • Options
    but most of us are agreed on current events surely
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    Ok, for what its worth I was in the boardroom on Saturday with my brother. Before the game Jim Davidson did a speech in which he thanked the owners naming TJ and MS, for putting in the money in league one pretty much saving the club, and for there continued investment. he also thanked various other people including Sir Maurice Hatter for continuing to financially support the youth set up.

After his speech he passed over to Martin Prothero, interestingly he thanked TJ more than a few times (not really mentioning MS) for his continued and recent investment pointing out that TJ put money in recently (March) for a new more scientific method in testing/training. he said that this investment has already shown great results as since they have put that in place the performance results have shown an increase of up to 15% in the last six games.

There was 2 things that came to my mind. 1, Maybe it was just me and I wasn't really paying attention but it sounded like TJ was the one putting the money in. 2, TJ, MS, MP, RM and everyone else in the room all looked very happy and relaxed. all were talking to each other patting each other on the back with smiles on there faces. it certainly looked to me that this was a very happy camp.

After the match and lap of honour I had to leave, my brother stayed and went back into the board room for a beer. He phoned me about an hour later to say he had his picture taken with a SCP and a few others and he said That he overheard TJ say the names of some players that were leaving (he could only remember Green but there were 2 or 3 other players he named) and that we were looking to bring in up to 10 new players.

I hope I have done the right thing in putting this on here, I did so because I really felt that our club is in good hands and is very much moving forward.
  • Options
    cheers pioneer,

no doubt some minge will moan because thats what they do but I for one appreciate it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pioneer said:

Ok, for what its worth I was in the boardroom on Saturday with my brother. Before the game Jim Davidson did a speech in which he thanked the owners naming TJ and MS, for putting in the money in league one pretty much saving the club, and for there continued investment. he also thanked various other people including Sir Maurice Hatter for continuing to financially support the youth set up.

After his speech he passed over to Martin Prothero, interestingly he thanked TJ more than a few times (not really mentioning MS) for his continued and recent investment pointing out that TJ put money in recently (March) for a new more scientific method in testing/training. he said that this investment has already shown great results as since they have put that in place the performance results have shown an increase of up to 15% in the last six games.

There was 2 things that came to my mind. 1, Maybe it was just me and I wasn't really paying attention but it sounded like TJ was the one putting the money in. 2, TJ, MS, MP, RM and everyone else in the room all looked very happy and relaxed. all were talking to each other patting each other on the back with smiles on there faces. it certainly looked to me that this was a very happy camp.

After the match and lap of honour I had to leave, my brother stayed and went back into the board room for a beer. He phoned me about an hour later to say he had his picture taken with a SCP and a few others and he said That he overheard TJ say the names of some players that were leaving (he could only remember Green but there were 2 or 3 other players he named) and that we were looking to bring in up to 10 new players.

I hope I have done the right thing in putting this on here, I did so because I really felt that our club is in good hands and is very much moving forward.

One thing we are all agreed on, we certainly hope you are right !!
  • Options
    Thanks Pioneer. Interesting and positive stuff.
  • Options
    Good Post Pioneer
  • Options
    we were looking to bring in up to 10 new players
    Wow
  • Options
    So TJ and MS were there on Saturday?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

MS certainly was.

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

yes, both

Cheers Pioneer

• Options
    Thanks. Just gets weirder.
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

yes, both

Cheers Pioneer

And both at the POTY Sunday.

• Options
    Great news If KC is back involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

Thanks. Just gets weirder.

were we told they weren't gonna be there
  • Options
    Pioneer I am glad to read your own observations. I'm just a bit reluctant to believe that we would be in a position to sign 10 good players, or even half that number. That would be a big extra investment, on top of the 7m loss that needs to be found just to stand still. Of course if the money is there I'd be delighted. All I would say is that I don't think Richard Murray is aware of such a big new investment coming in, since he seems to have been quite cautious the other night at Bromley
  • Options

All I would say is that I don't think Richard Murray is aware of such a big new investment coming in, since he seems to have been quite cautious the other night at Bromley

In fairness, he wasn't aware of whether some people were even in the country so i wouldn't read too much into that...

• Options
    i just cannot believe the figures being talked about here - putting in a million a month to keep us going? Utter nonsense. If we are losing £1 million a month, how much are Millwall losing? 25 years ago, if we were getting average crowds of nearly 20k, we'd be wondering what to do with all the money, yet now, we wouldn't break even on 30k gates if thats to be believed - utter rubbish and i just hope whoever is running our club come the start of the season have realised that to be in that position, at a great club like ours, needs to get there hands in their pockets for the privilige - or p*ss off. It will be a tragedy if the last couple of years is unpicked or halted by the boardroom issues. How clubs like bournmouth and millwall manage to get these backers with deep pockets and we don't is hard to understand.
  • Options
    Do we need 10 extra players? 3 or 4 tops for me.
  • Options
    Don't think it's necessarily 10 extra. The majority of those ten would be improving on the players we currently have and are set to release.
  • Options
    A cb, cm, rm and 2 strikers would do nicely.
  • Options

Well that all depends on how many (& what level of quality) are going out the door ?
  • Options

Really depends who's staying. I think with 5 of the right kind of players we could make the play-offs.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd like 3 (possibly even 4 or 5 if Stephens/Hughes isn't staying) midfielders in for starters including a left sided Wilson (EVINA!!) and a right sided Harriott, plus a CB if Feely isn't yet ready to step into the squad full-time and two strikers if Haynes is staying.

That's my summer wishlist and I'm sticking to it. :-)