Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Slater's Predictions

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Just because we hardly SPENT any money doesn't necessarily mean we don't have any.

True, the owner(s) may have plenty of money. Whether the club will get any of that to spend is completely different.

Going to be an interesting summer, with the announcement today it looks like there will be quite a few ins and outs.
    Insider knowledge, Scoham ? Are you hinting at a certain Mr Reo Coker ?

• Options
    If only! As for Reo Coker glad Powell made the right decision. Wasn't long ago we were hoping he might solve our midfield problems.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm probably being far too simplistic for some but all I know is that Rick Everitt is a genuine Charlton fan who cherishes the Club's heritage and worked damned hard, with many others, to get us back where we belong.

If he has reason to express concerns about the state of the Club then I for one will listen rather than make snidey comments directed at him.

His track record deserves that respect and there are some making those snidey comments who should know better given how long they've supported us.

EDIT: In my opinion.
  • Options

Money spent on wages in the Championship has to be viewed through the prism that there are several clubs in there (Blackpool, etc) who are still getting massive parachute payments which inflate the level of wages they are actually able to pay on revenues earned.

Then you have examples like Leicester where the Thai owners are prepared to spend whatever it takes to get to the PL.

It's a weird one, as you have clubs with parachute payments, so that they can afford higher wages, but a lot of that extra wage bill is actually going on PL deadbeats, those players on high PL contracts that you can't get rid off, so their not necessarily in a better position than the clubs with smaller wage bills.

As we found out when WE had parachute payments.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

I'm probably being far too simplistic for some but all I know is that Rick Everitt is a genuine Charlton fan who cherishes the Club's heritage and worked damned hard, with many others, to get us back where we belong.

If he has reason to express concerns about the state of the Club then I for one will listen rather than make snidey comments directed at him.

His track record deserves that respect and there are some making those snidey comments who should know better given how long they've supported us.

EDIT: In my opinion.

That all sounds a bit snidey to me Len.
  • Options

Money spent on wages in the Championship has to be viewed through the prism that there are several clubs in there (Blackpool, etc) who are still getting massive parachute payments which inflate the level of wages they are actually able to pay on revenues earned.

Then you have examples like Leicester where the Thai owners are prepared to spend whatever it takes to get to the PL.

It's a weird one, as you have clubs with parachute payments, so that they can afford higher wages, but a lot of that extra wage bill is actually going on PL deadbeats, those players on high PL contracts that you can't get rid off, so their not necessarily in a better position than the clubs with smaller wage bills.

True, but the wages outlay only reflects the wages paid not the quality of player or performance that it gets you.

Next season QPR will have the biggest wage bill in the Championship - but it will be full of shite!
  • Options
    Gave up after page 2...it turned into another AB hijack thread.....Personally Ive just about had enough of it myself, so wont bother reading any further. Well done to the board for keeping us going despite what may or may not be going on behind the scenes.
  • Options
    Gave up after page 2...it turned into another AB hijack thread.....Personally Ive just about had enough of it myself, so wont bother reading any further. Well done to the board for keeping us going despite what may or may not be going on behind the scenes.
  • Options
    I think we need a mole within the club to complicate matters even more :-)

• Options
    All i hope is we don't end up moving into a groundshare stadium with millwall on the greenwich peninsula - i've said it before but if we are hemorageing money, they must be on life support. it doesn't add up to me and i don't believe that we can't make ends meat in the championship on our gates. It's crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Article on Brentford in yesterday's Standard reckons Bees are competing for Sky income of 7m+. Are they wrong? Is it going up?
  • Options

True, but the wages outlay only reflects the wages paid not the quality of player or performance that it gets you.

Next season QPR will have the biggest wage bill in the Championship - but it will be full of shite!
    This!

Rednap sounded very dubious about his current squad when he said last week that his team have more chance of relegation than promotion next season. I'm not sure that was bluff. He knows his squad and what they're made of. Parachute money means one thing. That the player's agents will expect their player's to be able to command far higher wages than at the rest of the Championship clubs. There is a two tier system going on in this league, but as Wolves have found out, and Blackburn almost, is that parachute money does not buy success, just expectation!
  • Options

Article on Brentford in yesterday's Standard reckons Bees are competing for Sky income of 7m+. Are they wrong? Is it going up?

Yes they are wrong. It is not going up, unless pressure is exerted on the FAPL to revise the current payments. Richard Murray, who has been campaigning for a Bundesliga style system of Premiership 2 since 1996, supports any pressure from fans to make the system more equitable. That's why I think a medium term policy of the Trust should be to join with other Trusts to increase pressure for this to happen, and probably the best way to do this would be to establish a dialogue with Clive Efford about it.