Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The stupidest reason for getting the cold shoulder from your girlfriend/boyfriend?

edited May 2013 in Not Sports Related
Hi,

My girlfriend is not talking to me at the moment. This has lasted 2 days now.

This is because I did Tough Mudder on Sunday and got my hair shaved onto a Mowhawk for a 'laugh' =:)

I do look pretty stupid, but it was supposed to be funny. She disagrees.

I then started to wonder if any of my fellow Lifers have got the cold shoulder for daft reasons???

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    "This is because I did Tough Mudder on Sunday"

What does Tough Mudder mean ?
  • Options
    At least you've been given a reason.
  • Options
    It's a long run with various obstacles (ice baths, electric shocks, running through fire etc). See:

www.toughmudder.co.uk
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

It's a long run with various obstacles (ice baths, electric shocks, running through fire etc). See:

www.toughmudder.co.uk

Oh Ok . that's a new one on me.
  • Options
    Not talking to me because my desk was untidy with unwashed dishes etc. would've washed them up if I didn't have to have spent 2 hours on the phone to her while she got herself lost in west London and keep going the wrong way on the north circular.

Only lasted for about 30 minutes til I got her to spit out what was wrong and managed to make her realise how ridiculous it was to be moody about that.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have to say I don't think it's at all stupid for her to give you the cold shoulder. What made you think it would be 'funny' to come home to her with a hair cut like that?
  • Options
    For using the word 'stupidest'. :-)
  • Options
    Only if I've been out enjoying myself...
  • Options
    Ok Most stupid!
  • Options
    She dreamt that I slept with another woman.

Dreamt it. A dream.

I have not slept with another woman.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a female not talk to me because i was horrible to her in her dream the night before.

They're all bonkers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha the dream one is a classic. Do x, y or z in a dream of theirs and they'll hold it against you for weeks.
  • Options

fattmatt said:

www.toughmudder.co.uk

Oh Ok . that's a new one on me.
    Hmmm, still sounds like a euphemism to me:-)
  • Options
    Breathing :-)
  • Options
    I'm working on a list. Should only take a couple of days.
  • Options
    haha ive had the dream one used on me before.
  • Options
    I can't believe this - in a dream? It makes my ex's 'reasons' seem almost sane.
  • Options
    The dream is a fantastic one. Have had that with two different birds in the past. And by the sounds of it, what I was doing in the first dream wasn't all that bad (I went to Charlton).
  • Options
    She wouldn't tell me the reason, I 'should know why' ....
  • Options
    Waking up in Eden Park minus a Blackberry after watching a Kent match at Lords'. That wasn't even a case of falling asleep on the train, I was on completely the wrong line.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Went out with a posh bird for few years went round a flat in new cross all on pills ended up banging her mate in the stairwell while they danced upstairs , was sent to Coventry for a week , weird days
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Waking up in Eden Park minus a Blackberry after watching a Kent match at Lords'.

Jesus Christ, that must've been a hell of a night to end up in Auckland.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nolly said:

Went out with a posh bird for few years went round a flat in new cross all on pills ended up banging her mate in the stairwell while they danced upstairs , was sent to Coventry for a week , weird days

lol
  • Options
    nolly said:

what a touching tale.

• Options
    Gonna cut me barnet into a Mohawk as soon as I get home, see if it shuts her up for a couple of days!
  • Options
    My ex went and got the hump with me for shooting her cat, but it was the kindest thing to do after I ran it over!
  • Options
    Matt, I think we need to see a picture of your mowhawk to see if she is being unreasonable or not!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I've had the dream one with an ex.

Made the mistake of telling her in my dream I was in a restuarant with Patsy Kensit having a nice meal*. That alone was enough for her to go off the deep end.

*I even left out the rest of the dream too!
  • Options
    For moving her cat off my chair.

For deciding what I want to order from a restaurant menu too quickly.

My favourite is, one day I will get: "You only say or do things to make me happy." and the next day I'll get "You never try to make me happy".
  • Options
    Just as long as you don't work in a government office. I'm getting a few strange looks from the public today!