Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The stupidest reason for getting the cold shoulder from your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Comments

• Options
    Golfie you don't half find some nutty birds!
  • Options
    Had a girlfriend give me the cold shoulder for sleeping with her mum...... She started speaking to her mum again before me, even her mum gave me the cold shoulder!!! I will never understand women.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

My ex went and got the hump with me for shooting her cat, but it was the kindest thing to do after I ran it over!

Big Rob I am amazed you said cat instead of useing an alternative word, those french women must be haveing a good influance on you.
  • Options
    Have to say Golfie's 1st wife is clearly an evil genius.
  • Options

agim said:

Most arguments consist of me not knowing what it's about and secretly trying to work out what the hells going on.

Anyone every had the by the pool on holiday scenario where your checking out a hotty (whilst pretending to read) and you get this stoney pissed off 'nice is she' in your ear?
    ... no me neither lol

I once gave a girl the "once over" whilst my then 1st wife was driving and I was in the passenger seat. She stopped, reversed until level with said girl and wound down my window (automatic ones) and cooly said to me........go, on then - ask her is she fancies a f**k !!!

ever tried hiding in a Nissan Micra !!
    Ouch!!!

• Options

agim said:

Most arguments consist of me not knowing what it's about and secretly trying to work out what the hells going on.

Anyone every had the by the pool on holiday scenario where your checking out a hotty (whilst pretending to read) and you get this stoney pissed off 'nice is she' in your ear?
    ... no me neither lol

I once gave a girl the "once over" whilst my then 1st wife was driving and I was in the passenger seat. She stopped, reversed until level with said girl and wound down my window (automatic ones) and cooly said to me........go, on then - ask her is she fancies a f**k !!!

ever tried hiding in a Nissan Micra !!
    Was there room for the 3 of you in the car ?

• Options
    Trouble is, most women have an additional 'nutty gene', which can matrerialise at any time for the wierdest reason. An ex of mine once went loopy when she found a photo of some other bird in underwear, which was taken in my flat. Just can't understand it really............ On the flip side, I have a gene that makes me give houses and money to women I don't really like.
  • Options
    I blame soap dramas. Women seem to have to have a certain level of drama in their life or they get bored.

My ex was in a lot of ways a complete fruit loop.
    Mad that I wouldn't see her friends ever when I was constantly telling her to invite them to mine.
    "Not being supportive enough" about her degree when she literally never asked a thing about mine and she does fashion and I'm not gay so not interested in anything she has to say about it, and when I did show an interest she would tell me I don't care.
    Constantly getting in trouble for my flat not being clean enough for her liking. But she wouldn't help me clean it despite making a load of the mess.

New gf doesn't really watch tv I suppose. Month and a half in and we haven't had one argument... The peace after 3 and a half years of constant moaning is beautiful.
  • Options
    uncle said:

Had a girlfriend give me the cold shoulder for sleeping with her mum...

Ha ha what did you expect? A threesome?
  • Options

My ex wouldn't talk to me for like 2 days as i said her friend was only slightly hot. I would of been in trouble whatever my answer was.

I don't understand why anyone gets annoyed that you find another human being attractive. Being in a relationship doesn't make you blind ffs, it just means you can't sleep with anyone else.
    Some people are mental.

Mr EastStand ignored me for about 2 weeks because I went to a gig in Coventry instead of seeing The Dark Knight in the cinema with him. He got over it eventually though! Bloody great gig it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    EastStand said:

My ex wouldn't talk to me for like 2 days as i said her friend was only slightly hot. I would of been in trouble whatever my answer was.

I don't understand why anyone gets annoyed that you find another human being attractive. Being in a relationship doesn't make you blind ffs, it just means you can't sleep with anyone else.
    Some people are mental.

Exactly, just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.
  • Options

uncle said:

Had a girlfriend give me the cold shoulder for sleeping with her mum...

Ha ha what did you expect? A threesome?
    Actually yes, that was my plan lol
  • Options
    Ignored for about two days. Eventually found out I'd forgotten our three month "anniversary"
  • Options
    I am crying and laughing so much that it has taken me ages to read

There are so many on here that you can go

Yep had that

Yep and that

Etc etc etc

Then you get to golfies and you just die in pain
  • Options
    You're all looking at this from the wrong perspective. Theyre not actually mad at you or have the hump with you. They just want you to think they are because they need the drama in their lives.

I once booked a surprise Valentine's trip to Rome with my ex wife. She went nuts and we almost split up there and then.

They're all nuts. Approach every interaction with them with that mindset and dealing with them is easy.
  • Options
    We went for a meal and I wanted to watch MOTD as we had a great result. I called for the bill before she had finished her meal, she was nearly there so why the fuss. Not my fault she was eating so slowly. Impressed by my quick actions, she was decidedly not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Cannot understand them (women that is), never will and I think that is one of the true lessons a bloke learns as he goes through life.

Selective short and long term memory, how's that work?
    Selective hearing whilst still having hearing so fine tuned that they really should be working for MI5, how's that work?
    The change of a subject, on the turn of a pinhead, to suit some other argument you have forgotten about, what a skill that is...

I have two daughters, so have suffered when the three of them have conspired in one of life's over-hyped dramas... I mean THREE (3) weeks not talking to one another over a feckin hairdryer, screaming matches over mascara !!!

And the thing is I chose her and to have kids with her, so who's the idiot?
  • Options

Cannot understand them (women that is), never will and I think that is one of the true lessons a bloke learns as he goes through life.

Selective short and long term memory, how's that work?
    Selective hearing whilst still having hearing so fine tuned that they really should be working for MI5, how's that work?
    The change of a subject, on the turn of a pinhead, to suit some other argument you have forgotten about, what a skill that is...

I have two daughters, so have suffered when the three of them have conspired in one of life's over-hyped dramas... I mean THREE (3) weeks not talking to one another over a feckin hairdryer, screaming matches over mascara !!!

And the thing is I chose her and to have kids with her, so who's the idiot?

Oh god, I hate that. I hate it so much.

WE'VE ALREADY ARGUED ABOUT THIS AND IT WAS POINTLESS THEN SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY.

And calm.
  • Options
    constantly staying in the Legion too long talking crap and getting beered up.
  • Options
    Disney films and soap operas are the banes of our existence fellas.

Disney films tell them the guy they're going to marry is going to be perfect and soap operas tell them they've got to have drama or their lives are meaningless.

The amount of times I've thought "wow we're getting on really well and haven't fought for weeks" and they throw a strop for me existing drives me up the wall.

Btw some of you have had some psycho exes!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh, and asking for a webcam show on the baby monitor screen the other night :-)
  • Options
  • Options
    EastStand said:

So true
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    30 plus years of marriage and fathering 3 daughters has taught me that being in the wrong is inevitable.

Therefore accept that fact and please yourself. Just offer them your support, be it emotional or financial, when they need it but don't lose any sleep when whatever's happened is all your fault!

We have not had a holiday since 2006 mainly for financial reasons but partly because whatever I booked was always "wrong."

Ergo I no longer bother it's easier and less stressful.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Had a female not talk to me because i was horrible to her in her dream the night before.

They're all bonkers.

I got the cold shoulder from another ex because I called her from the pub which was, apparently, insensitive because her dad was an alcoholic.

I genuinely love this one.

Its like calling from the supermarket when it turns out her mum is on a diet !

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2013
    Women are officially mental, take this weekend just gone, bank holiday, Saturday, spend hours in the kitchen putting new table and chairs together, then remove offending boxes to local tip, and tidy up when I get back.
    Sunday, clean bathroom, change bed sheets, hoover whole house, put on at least 3 washing loads, and hang on airer etc, repair split in leather sofa with kit from ebay, replace back garden patio cover with new one from ebay.
    Monday, sit on sofa with cold beer watching football, to which I get..."is that all your going to do this weekend?"
  • Options
    My missus went back to the UK for a week last Sunday (even though it my birthday this Friday) and goes and gets the hump with me for not getting the hump with her!

WTFs all that about?

Women ARE the devil!
  • Options

You're all looking at this from the wrong perspective. Theyre not actually mad at you or have the hump with you. They just want you to think they are because they need the drama in their lives.

I once booked a surprise Valentine's trip to Rome with my ex wife. She went nuts and we almost split up there and then.

They're all nuts. Approach every interaction with them with that mindset and dealing with them is easy.

To be fair, she had divorced you 3 years earlier.

• Options

EastStand said:

Some people are mental.

Exactly, just because you're on a diet, doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.
    ...but is it okay to eat an apple with your eyes closed and pretend its a cream cake though?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Women are officially mental, take this weekend just gone, bank holiday, Saturday, spend hours in the kitchen putting new table and chairs together, then remove offending boxes to local tip, and tidy up when I get back.
    Sunday, clean bathroom, change bed sheets, hoover whole house, put on at least 3 washing loads, and hang on airer etc, repair split in leather sofa with kit from ebay, replace back garden patio cover with new one from ebay.
    Monday, sit on sofa with cold beer watching football, to which I get..."is that all your going to do this weekend?"

Will you marry me?