Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Harriott signed to 2016...
  • Options
    Sweet!
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 2m

CH: ‘It’s great to agree a new deal. Charlton is a great club – I enjoy it here and I love the supporters’ (JS) #cafc
    Expand
    Charlton Athletic FC Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5m

BREAKING NEWS: Callum Harriott has signed a new contract to keep him at the club until June 2016 (JS) #cafc
  • Options
    Great news! :-D
  • Options
    Anyone think we released Haynes so we could afford to secure Callum?
  • Options

Anyone think we released Haynes so we could afford to secure Callum?

no, i think CH would be on modest wages and Haynes being released would of had little impact
  • Options
    I wouldnt think so - Harriott wont be on as much as Haynes / Fuller would have been is my guess. Still great news to secure him. The more I think about it, other than Fuller and Haynes, the guys released were squad players at best. Maybe the aim is to use the talented U21's to boost the squad, and then bring in 2 decent strikers on similar money to Fuller and Haynes that wont be crocked all year.

For instance - if we went into next season with the squad we have now, plus Obika and S. Jackson for instance plus a right midfielder in? Wouldnt be too bad and we would have saved a tonne of cash.
  • Options
    That's more like it Damo! :-)
  • Options
    Great news re Harriott,it shows his belief in the club and also t guarantees a fee if he really develops over the next year or two
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I wouldnt think so - Harriott wont be on as much as Haynes / Fuller would have been is my guess. Still great news to secure him. The more I think about it, other than Fuller and Haynes, the guys released were squad players at best. Maybe the aim is to use the talented U21's to boost the squad, and then bring in 2 decent strikers on similar money to Fuller and Haynes that wont be crocked all year.

For instance - if we went into next season with the squad we have now, plus Obika and S. Jackson for instance plus a right midfielder in? Wouldnt be too bad and we would have saved a tonne of cash.

Get in , that'll do!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's what I like to hear, Damo !

Realistic but positive thinking - just the way I believe SCP's thought processes will be heading this summer.

Onwards & upwards !!!!!
  • Options
    Damo's back in the game!
  • Options
    17 May 2013 18:01:41
    Walsall fowards Will Grigg and Febian will leave the Club in the summer on a free.
    Grigg 21, rejected a new contract and is strongly linked with a, number of Championship clubs.
    Brandy 24, is linked with a move to join Charlton Athletic on a 2 year-contract.
  • Options
    Febian Brandy.. Another football manager must have player if you managed in league one.
  • Options
    Pace 18 finishing 12 wasn't he?
  • Options
    eh?
  • Options
    You could even pick him up in League Two if you were lucky!
  • Options
    Latest FR

18 May 2013 11:53:59
    Gillingham left back Joe Martin will leave the club and sign for championship side Charlton Athletic

17 May 2013 13:22:50
    Charlton now want sylvain ebanks-Blake after the release of Ricardo fuller so can pay the wages. The reason for Danny Haynes leaving is he wanted more money than charlton wanted to pay and didn't think he was worth what his agent thinks

16 May 2013 17:12:10
    charlton ins
    o'hara
    ebanks-blake
    baldock
    connolly (crawley)
    shaun wright-phillips (loan)
  • Options
    Waddya think ?

• Options
    Wouldn't say no. Is that an official twitter feed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have him in our team proper good player

I rated him at everton and he had a great end of season at hudds
  • Options

Wouldn't say no. Is that an official twitter feed?

I have no idea if its legit or not. Sorry

• Options
    I hardly think a Norwich club source would post something like that...

But since James Vaughan spent the season on-loan at Huddersfield I think it would be reasonable to assume they want to get rid of him.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if we were interested in Vaughan unless Norwich just want the salary off their books and there is only a nominal "undisclosed" transfer fee involved. I note Vaughan was on loan at Leicester for a period when Kermorgant, Morrison and CP were playing for them.
  • Options
    If kept fit Vaughan is one of the best strikers in the league.
  • Options
    Would people be happy with Kermorgant, Vaughan, Ebanks-Blake and Obika? :-)
  • Options

Very!

• Options

Yes but its not happening
  • Options

• Options

You're right, it's not. We're getting Simeon Jackson too. :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!