Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• For me we are still short of strong defensive midfield cover which has exposed the defence. He know us, we know him - could do worse.
  • I actually liked the look of him, though I am not sure if my views were skewed by the fact that he was a big name / famous player from Arsenal that made the back of the programme look better. The Wolves fans loved him, so he must be good enough for the Champ (or certainly worth a squad place swap with say Hollands).
  • Would be nice if we could get him in for the millwall game just to see bailey get frimponged
  • DENCH signing if true
  • He's clearly an excellent player but Scoham is right, he didn't want to be here at all. He was worried about getting injured again and it showed.

I assume Tie Bi is a no then if he's being touted.
  • edited August 2013

He's clearly an excellent player but Scoham is right, he didn't want to be here at all. He was worried about getting injured again and it showed.

I assume Tie Bi is a no then if he's being touted.

He probably knew deep down that he wasnt fit enough to be playing.

Thats what people are saying, if he's fit now, then we can expect 100% and thats better than what we have.
  • Would be happy if it happened.
  • DENCH signing if true

ol' Judy ? .. still plenty of life in a 106 year old potential midfielder
  • Frimpong has been on the bench for Arsenal this season, which is more than can be said for Obika! It would leave us with a massive surplus on central midfielders though
    JJ
    Gower
    Stephens
    Hughes
    Hollands
    Cousins
    Pritchard (if you count him as a central midfielder)
    Plus the youth players like Bunns.
  • if true would welcome him back - good player in there somewhere.
  • Sponsored links:

• Massive surplus of central midfielders yes, but Hollands clearly isn't in Powell's plans, Stephens wants to go back north, JJ and Hughes seem to keep getting injured, and Gower hasn't impressed me so far this season. We need someone who can take the bull by the horns.
  • HE needs to sort his head out. He's getting to the age that he needs regular football or he will be booted by Arsenal and will drop down the leagues - think Jay Emmanuel Thomas now at Brizzle City I think.

There is a lot of potential in there but he needs to start realising this and stop being a dick and a billy big spuds.
  • Gower would improve with an enforcer beside him IMO.
  • Frimpong has been on the bench for Arsenal this season, which is more than can be said for Obika! .

Obika would be in big trouble if he was on Arsenal's bench though : - )

Come Sept 9th I still hope to see Obika with us. Slim chance but you never know.
  • Plus the youth players like Bunns.

so do I !!

• WSS said:
    well at least we had something new to talk about today for a couple of hours then!

• another 2 pages of rubbish rumours then.............
  • If Frimpong's been on the bench for Arsenal, then he's highly likely to be in their 25 man squad this season.
  • Plus the youth players like Bunns.

so do I !!

LOL :-)
    Ross said:

Massive surplus of central midfielders yes, but Hollands clearly isn't in Powell's plans, Stephens wants to go back north, JJ and Hughes seem to keep getting injured, and Gower hasn't impressed me so far this season. We need someone who can take the bull by the horns.

But if nobody wants Hollands or Stephens then we could still be stuck with them on our payroll...
  • Sponsored links:

• Going by Powell's track record that quote implies he'll be with us by the end of tomorrow, didn't he say the same about Fuller last year?
  • Paul Green ‏@NewsShopperSprt 1m

Still a chance of a deal for Eric Tie Bi but a big difference at present between two parties on terms #cafc
  • Paul Green ‏@NewsShopperSprt 1m

Still a chance of a deal for Eric Tie Bi but a big difference at present between two parties on terms #cafc

That'll be Powell wanting him for free like he said the other week and Evian actually wanting some dosh I'm guessing?
  • More like us saying - whats your desired salary? and him stating something more than a packet of peanuts and a bottle of scrumpy per week
  • Swisdom said:

More like us saying - whats your desired salary? and him stating something more than a packet of peanuts and a bottle of scrumpy per week

Exactly. I read that as miles apart on wages. Unless we offload a couple doubt he will be coming.

• 29 Aug 2013 08:51:39
    Charlton are set to offer Oxford United £250K for Right winger Alfie Potter with the fee set to rise after add ons are activated witch will go up to £400K.
  • TravHouse said:

29 Aug 2013 08:51:39
    Charlton are set to offer Oxford United £250K for Right winger Alfie Potter with the fee set to rise after add ons are activated witch will go up to £400K.

Alfie Potter? Sounds Dickensian!
  • Was that the lad who was impressive in the cup game? i thought he was on loan from Fulham?
  • Dizzle said:

Was that the lad who was impressive in the cup game? i thought he was on loan from Fulham?

No, that was Ryan Williams.
  • 5'7" winger

His brother Harry is quite decent too - very tricky
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!