Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• _nam11 said:

No chance of Frimpong.

Tie Bi went back to France, we offered too little. Deal might still happen. Especially with all or some of Hollands wages knocked off.

Potter seems like a random one...not sure what money tree we will pluck £250k from

I never understood how a player (Tie Bi) playing at a decent level, that a promoted PL team (Hull) were interested in, could be in our wage bracket. Surely he wouldn't have had a trial unless we were aware of what wages he expected?
    Maybe he thought he could convince us to break the bank; maybe we though we could convince him to take a cut. Neither happened.

• Cawley saying in the SLP that Bristol City are preparing a bid for Obika and that Spurs are holding out for a fee.
  • Bristol City look strong. Could lead to them losing Baldock though.
  • Bristol City look strong. Could lead to them losing Baldock though.

Oh Christ - here we go again
  • Bristol City gave Wagstaff a three year contract.

I wonder what we will offer Obika? : - )
  • I have a very high up source saying that Matalan have put in a transfer bid for Danny Green.
  • Barnsley have just sold a full back to Wolves for 700k so recouping their outlay's on O'Grady and Jennings.
  • Barnsley have just sold a full back to Wolves for 700k so recouping their outlay's on O'Grady and Jennings.

Golbourne looked more than decent against us .. VERY good coming forward

Find it odd that a player would voluntarily drop down a division, when he was in the Barnsley first team. Suggestions by Flitcroft that money was the motivating factor...
  • edited August 2013
    Bigger club, more chance of getting to the premiership.

Jose Fonte did it with Southampton, he left Palace in the championship to go to Soton in league one!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2013

Barnsley have just sold a full back to Wolves for 700k so recouping their outlay's on O'Grady and Jennings.

Find it odd that a player would voluntarily drop down a division, when he was in the Barnsley first team. Suggestions by Flitcroft that money was the motivating factor...
    imo it is in most cases. I maintain that if say Morecombe offered Rooney 300k pw he'd be off like a shot no hesitation. Not saying that applies to ALL players but reckon it would to most.

of course .. and for the foreseeable future, Wolves will be a bigger club than Barnsley irrespective of in which division the respective clubs are situated

• imo it is in most cases. I maintain that if say Morecombe offered Rooney 300k pw he'd be off like a shot no hesitation. Not saying that applies to ALL players but reckon it would to most.

Source?
  • Bristol City now in for Jon Obika. #cafc boss Chris Powell tells us in paper today that resigned to missing out on the Tottenham striker. - Cawley
  • WSS said:

Bristol City now in for Jon Obika. #cafc boss Chris Powell tells us in paper today that resigned to missing out on the Tottenham striker. - Cawley

I might be in the minority, but im not that fussed.
  • WSS said:

Bristol City now in for Jon Obika. #cafc boss Chris Powell tells us in paper today that resigned to missing out on the Tottenham striker. - Cawley

Same, he was good but we now have Sordell and Church, we now need a 6ft4+ striker.

• WSS said:

Seconded
  • WSS said:

I really don't think he would want to come to us now. Apart from Pigott and the other youngsters, we have Yann and Church on permanents and Sordell on loan. I think CP would look to start all of them before Obika gets a look in and I can't see him coming unless he felt he was pretty sure of a starting 11 place. He needs games and goals to make a fist of his career. I think we should have Pigott at 4th striker and spend any wages money on strengthening the defence and getting in a creative CM.
  • it doesn't matter how many strikers we have, if there is no creativity behind them then whoever are the strikers, they won't get many goals. I also think the 4 we have are no worse than Obika and in some cases better.
  • Obika has pace which none of Pigott, Yann or Church has in abundance

Sordell maybe but Obika is a different type of striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Obika has pace which none of Pigott, Yann or Church has in abundance

Sordell maybe but Obika is a different type of striker.

I'd be interested to know how you think they differ? I don't disagree with you, I've just not seen enough of Sordell to know what type of striker he is...?
  • If Bristol City are the only other team after Obika, that doesn't suggest he is highly rated in the wider football world...
  • Spurs want a fee for Obika, which according to the SLP. We wanted to do a deal with a large sell on fee, but Spurs are not having that.
  • WSS said:

Agree really couldn't see what all the fuss was about , church looks much better
  • smiffyboy said:

WSS said:

Agree really couldn't see what all the fuss was about , church looks much better
    Don't think you're in the minority. Think we are covered striker-wise. It's the creative midfielder we are lacking.

• Man City midfielder and Ivory Coast international, Abdul Razak has joined Anji Makhachkala on permanent deal.
  • Man City midfielder and Ivory Coast international, Abdul Razak has joined Anji Makhachkala on permanent deal.

great move for a black man to russia... that and the billionaire owner has recently said he's pulling the plug.
  • I've got a couple of West Ham mates & they reckon Solly is due to have a medical with the Hammers
  • going man utd if they fail for baines or everton if they get him
  • Wow either of those would be amazing & surely loads of money for us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!