Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Wide players and a forward I would have thought
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Getting a bit worried that any transfers incoming will be all the ones roland wants rather ones that Powell has identified/wants

He may well have asked Powell what he wants, i.e, a midfielder, and he's gone to one of his clubs and quickly loaned us one until we get one of our main targets. Either way it's the same person paying the player's wages.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Getting a bit worried that any transfers incoming will be all the ones roland wants rather ones that Powell has identified/wants

Haha that's a mate of mine!
  • Options
    We may get a whole series of Eggert Jonssons, not even Emmanuel Frimpongs, and a sprinkle of Viggo Jacobsens (that's one for our older readers!).
    Even a Tom Hovi!
    The key question is whether Chris gets railroaded or not!
  • Options
    Can you imagine how many pages are going to be added to this thread once the news breaks, we'll be linked to everyone available!
  • Options
    Heard that a SL player got his squad shirt and number this morning.
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Was is the Israeli fella, the Iranian or the swede? Bihan or Gucci or the one who was at Leicester?
  • Options
    Or Dudu? Lol
  • Options
    Thing is - if Roland is about to sell Liege he might want to asset strip and sell all good players to us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Thing is - if Roland is about to sell Liege he might want to asset strip and sell all good players to us

Yep. Leave a club heading for the champions league and get stuck into some mud wrestling relegation battles ;0)

• Options
    PV and KEH want to by Standard Liege FACT
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

JonnyK said:

Was is the Israeli fella, the Iranian or the swede? Bihan or Gucci or the one who was at Leicester?
    The latter but today's only Thursday ;-))))
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Could do but then again Cousins and Stephens could go to ........ Oops too early for that type of talk!
  • Options
    if he wants to get us promoted stephens and cousins will be going nowhere
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

if he wants to get us promoted stephens and cousins will be going nowhere

Now that's the ticket!
  • Options
    There will be players outside of the Standard Liege team that ought to be able to do a job in the Championship - why does his strategy have to be some cunning plan to stitch somebody up?
  • Options
    He seems to be left footed and would have known SCP from Leicester.

I only hope he is more successful than our previous two ex Liege players Mike Small and Gonzalo Sorondo !

9:40

Former Liverpool and Leicester midfielder Astrit Ajdarevic looks set to return to England, with reports in Belgium suggesting he will join Charlton Athletic on loan. Ajdarevic is currently at Standard Liege, whose owner Roland Duchatelet is taking over at The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would prefer Chris Powell identify players he feels will improve the squad rather than a new owner. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.
  • Options
    Sorondo was the defender that was taken out of the game for good by that nasty shit cmut cesc fabregas wasnt he

i thought he had started to play really well up to that point
  • Options

Sorondo was the defender that was taken out of the game for good by that nasty shit cmut cesc fabregas wasnt he

i thought he had started to play really well up to that point

I rated Sorondo. He was a good solid defender, he just had injury issues.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Would prefer Chris Powell identify players he feels will improve the squad rather than a new owner. Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Agree but to be fair, we don't know that this story is even remotely true and not people adding 2+2. Alternatively, if true, maybe roland asked Powelly who he fancied from their squad?
  • Options

Nug said:

Agree but to be fair, we don't know that this story is even remotely true and not people adding 2+2. Alternatively, if true, maybe roland asked Powelly who he fancied from their squad?
    And it IS a player that Powell knows personally, even if not that well. If there has been some kind of chat between CP and Roly Poly then it's perfectly possible that a familiar name/face would be mentioned.
  • Options
    Not even named in their first team squad so not playing regular football unless out on loan.
  • Options
    It would feel weird for us to sign a player. I've forgotten what it feels like.
  • Options
    Astrit Ajdarevit

• Options
    @ManUtd: LOANS: Jesse Lingard, Will Keane, Davide Petrucci, Federico Macheda, Tyler Blackett & Ben Amos have all returned to #mufc from loan spells.

Could be worth a look at?
  • Options

@ManUtd: LOANS: Jesse Lingard, Will Keane, Davide Petrucci, Federico Macheda, Tyler Blackett & Ben Amos have all returned to #mufc from loan spells.

Could be worth a look at?

Would definitely like to sign Lingard.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!