Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9080241/transfer-news-four-championship-clubs-chasing-readings-jobi-mcanuff

Apparantly we're interested in Jobi McAnuff should his Contract not be renewed (along with Millwall, Blackburn and Wigan)

Reading fan I know at work reckons he's rubbish.
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips leaving Palace in Jan...
  • Options
    WSS said:

No ta

• Options
    WSS said:

Yes please!
  • Options
    Kevin Phillips could still do a decent job for us. He still knows where the goal is.
  • Options

"A striker from Orlando City who play in the 3dt tier of USA soccer".................may as well recall Michael Smith

We have...
  • Options
    WSS said:

Can't see it happening but he would be fantastic for us. Aside from his goals and experience, his attitude is first class.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

WSS said:

Can't see it happening but he would be fantastic for us. Aside from his goals and experience, his attitude is first class.
    Wolves in the frame
  • Options

Simonsen said:

WSS said:

Wolves in the frame
    When he was speaking of retiring a few years ago he said he wants to see out his days at a club at the top of the table and winning games so he can enjoy his football. Kind of rules us out.
  • Options
    Its gotta be Wolves... They're the only Birmingham side he aint played for...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its gotta be Wolves... They're the only Birmingham side he aint played for...

Except they're in Wolverhampton...
  • Options
    did he play for Villa?
  • Options

did he play for Villa?

Yep had a spell there after Sunderland
  • Options
    Part of Phillips' reason for leaving Palarse in January is that he has been travelling to and from his home in Blackpool for some time and it is getting too much, I'm not sure moving to the mighty reds of SE7 would cut much time from his journey.
  • Options

Part of Phillips' reason for leaving Palarse in January is that he has been travelling to and from his home in Blackpool for some time and it is getting too much, I'm not sure moving to the mighty reds of SE7 would cut much time from his journey.

It cut the journey time for Dowie travelling from his Northern home for a few months lol!
  • Options

But we are further north than palace
  • Options
    Dom Dwyer was discovered by US scout and former Addick Joe McLaughlin. Maybe he put a good word in...
  • Options
    Apparently he's from Cuckfield halfway between Crawley and Brighton. Expected him to be a born and bred Yank with a name like Dom Dwyer.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just read this article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/10504088/Dom-Dwyer-emulates-David-Beckhams-American-success.html

Interesting last paragraph:

But it may already be time to return home. Dwyer said that he is set to move to an unnamed Sky Bet Championship club on loan in January with the possibility of a permanent transfer. If it happens, he will travel back across the Atlantic as a champion – just like Beckham.
  • Options
    As Henry Irving has said... Dom Dwyer has travelled to watch Bolton v Charlton today so I'd be surprised if that unnamed League club wasnt us.

Maybe we're about to hammer out a deal to have him from 1st January so he's available for the Oxford FA Cup match? (Yes I know I'm getting ahead of myself lol!)

Just hope if he is any good that its not gonna be one of these loan deal which means he's only here until the MLS season starts in March
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked the sound of him, until he said 'haters', really now. What you mean is all the doubters not haters.
  • Options
    Sadly I suspect Dom Joly in a snail costume would be a better bet.
  • Options
    Dom Dwyer, they don't mean Danny Dyer do they! Thought he was a West Ham supporter!
  • Options
    Heres his twitter - https://twitter.com/Ddwyer14

Looks like he is enjoying being with us so far
  • Options

Based on what knowledge?

• Options
    There's a YouTube video of his. Very quick feet, lovely left foot and a few headers too. Not too dissimilar to Deon Burton. But quicker

Interesting to see his shots stayed low from distance so decent technique

Couple of decent overhead kicks so athletic too

Admittedly poor opponents but there looks to be a player in there
  • Options
    It's all about having extra options. Hope he can be a success!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Based on what knowledge?

Absolutely feck all.

• Options
    Is this MLS player a Josh Harris signing?
  • Options

Is this MLS player a Josh Harris signing?

Well done. You've now wrecked the takeover

;0)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!