Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

I thought Obika made Spurs's 25 man roster? If true and he does go to Brighton I'd think it would either be a very short-term loan or that he has an immediate recall.

The 25 man roster only covers overage players, so when you add in youngsters their squad is more than large enough to cover for the absence of Obika!!
  • Options

Rumours that Obika has joined Brighton on loan after we were told he wasnt available.

When Redknapp was in change at Spurs, they never allowed one of their players go on loan to any club more than once.

AVB may have just kept the same "rule".
    I'd imagine there are two very good reasons for that if true.

1. The player in question doesn't pick up any bad habits from one particular club / manager

2. If the player impresses at more than one club, Spurs have effectively opened a bidding war and will get a good price.

This was true and I think Tim Sheerwood (who is still there) is the architect of the policy.Ironically Obika himself has been a rare exception to this policy with his three loans at Yeovil.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Rumours that Obika has joined Brighton on loan after we were told he wasnt available.

When Redknapp was in change at Spurs, they never allowed one of their players go on loan to any club more than once.

AVB may have just kept the same "rule".
    I'd imagine there are two very good reasons for that if true.

1. The player in question doesn't pick up any bad habits from one particular club / manager

2. If the player impresses at more than one club, Spurs have effectively opened a bidding war and will get a good price.

This was true and I think Tim Sheerwood (who is still there) is the architect of the policy.Ironically Obika himself has been a rare exception to this policy with his three loans at Yeovil.
    It's a good idea to be fair. Maybe Obika was allowed to join Yeovil so many times because they traditionally play good football.
  • Options
    Someone we were linked with for a while - Connor Henderson (Released by the Arse) - Has signed for Hull...Surprised by that
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Millwall rumoured to be close to signing Richard Chaplow.
    Was reasonably impressed when he played against us

They are also interested in yet another ex Charlton player Martyn Waghorn.
    Waghorn set to sign for Millwall today on loan: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24063633
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Richard J said:

Millwall rumoured to be close to signing Richard Chaplow.
    Was reasonably impressed when he played against us

They are also interested in yet another ex Charlton player Martyn Waghorn.
    Waghorn set to sign for Millwall today on loan: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24063633
    1st goalscorer Saturday then.
  • Options

Is he playing for Watford
  • Options

Is he playing for Watford

*next
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24069112

Wolves have rejected Stephen Hunt, who clearly values himself higher than the rest of the world now values him...
    "The demands he wanted were just ridiculous for someone who had only played the last 10 games at Wolves," Ince told BBC Radio Lancashire.
  • Options
    Ebanks-Blake also a free agent now. Wouldn't mind picking him up on a free but probably way out of our budget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matty Fryatt has been made available for loan by Hull City today...
  • Options
    Will possibly end up at Boro after they missed out on Ross McCormack.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Wednesday sign Roger Johnson from Wolves on loan with a view to a permanent.
  • Options

Wednesday sign Rodger Johnson from Wolves on loan with a view to a permanent.

Is that Roger Johnson's brother?
  • Options

You'll be needing new players after todays court verdict
  • Options

Apparently a right arrogant prick, from someone I know who played with him at Birmingham.
  • Options

Apparently a right arrogant prick, from someone I know who played with him at Birmingham.
    Yeah I know, I've heard the same, but if Dave Jones can capture his form he had at Cardiff then hopefully he might be a decent signing.

I suppose this is where the loan system is good, Wolves are still paying his wages, they just want him out.

• Options
    Johnson is a very good defender .. booze seems to have got the better of him over the past couple of years though .. as said, if he gets it together mentally, he'll come good again
  • Options

Yep. Intoduced himself as im Roger Johnson £5 million. Right up wendies street
  • Options
    and loves the booze and his mrs is more gobby than baileys and hammonds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At his best Rodger Johnson is a good premiership player, It wasn't long ago Arsenal were looking at him.
  • Options
    Hopefully the Billy Sharp deal will come off for us as well.
  • Options
    You'll end up with even more players than Palace, Piggy.
  • Options
    We wont, we really are in need of some, we had quite a few loans last season that are no longer here, we've already got a few injuries too.
  • Options

We wont, we really are in need of some, we had quite a few loans last season that are no longer here, we've already got a few injuries too.

And a custodial coming up shortly too!!
  • Options
    Have you signed Butland yet OP?
  • Options

Have you signed Butland yet OP?

No they have signed Norman Stanley Fletcher instead

• Options
    Peter Storey, George Best, Tony Adams and Lee Hughes linked to Wednesday too.

• Options
    More Wednesday rumours rumours please.
  • Options
    Maybe we should set up a Wednesday rumours rumours thread just for him and the couple that care?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!