Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    solly signs til 2017
  • Options
    signing of the summer
  • Options
    Hopefully CP extends his contract...
  • Options
    Fantastic news.
  • Options
    Mambo on his way to Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

Interesting tweet by us just now: Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m
    Sat: Beat Leicester. Mon: Sign Cameron Stewart. Tues: Extend @piggydaboss' contract. Wed: Sign Ben Alnwick. Thursday? Stay tuned... #cafc

Does this suggest another signing?

It's like the twelve days of Christmas

• Options
    Friday?
  • Options
    kafka said:

Friday?

I'm in love :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I notice we chilled on Sunday.
  • Options
    kafka said:

Friday?

No the tweet quoted was early this morning and put out as bit of a teaser before the Solly announcement today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

I notice we chilled on Sunday.

Ha!
  • Options
    Transfer Loan Window open,s today will we all be checking football gossip on TV text till November.
  • Options
    Craig Conway from Cardiff City rumoured
  • Options
    We were interested in him in January I think so there may be something in it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Isn't that just a Reams/ITV suggestion from Friday which has now taken on the status of rumour? Think he'd be a great addition on loan but now we have Stewart, not sure there's much need for another winger.
  • Options
    angeldust
    New Signing

New money? 7 hours ago cafc101 likes this.
    Post by angeldust on 7 hours ago
    Word reaches me that an investment of sorts could be on the agenda in the next couple of weeks.The chances are that this will not be a full blown takeover of the club,just some 'interesting' characters welcomed aboard.
    It is still quite early in the negotiation stage .But I have heard that the initial signs are encouraging.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/12540/new-money?page=15#ixzz2eKivDNm9
  • Options

Isn't that just a Reams/ITV suggestion from Friday which has now taken on the status of rumour? Think he'd be a great addition on loan but now we have Stewart, not sure there's much need for another winger.
    From a Cardiff City s/t holder

• Options

From a Cardiff City s/t holder

I think the Cameron Stewart signing may have meant Conway would not be a priority now.

• Options
    Rumours that Obika has joined Brighton on loan after we were told he wasnt available.
  • Options

Rumours that Obika has joined Brighton on loan after we were told he wasnt available.

That's no real loss if true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like they're certainly in the market for a striker and can probably offer more game time than us at the moment, given they've only one fit forward.

http://mobile.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-to-add-striker-1040654.aspx?pd=635141460520000000
  • Options
    Obika was good last season, but frankly not necessary any more. I can't think of anything he offers than Yann, Church and Sordell can't all provide, and if he were to come in it would be at the expense of Piggott, which would be a real shame on current evidence. I like him as a player and I think he'll do well, but not at the Valley.
  • Options
    Agree. Just a bit sneaky by Spurs if true.
  • Options

Agree. Just a bit sneaky by Spurs if true.

Could be some afters with the Button transfer saga and lack of starts last time round for him who knows.
  • Options

I was lead to believe by my pals that coach at the Spuds that Obika was in the 25 due to the U21 rule, and they do expect him to go on loan though at some stage this season, his form at the back end of last with us and the performances he put in against I think it was Man Utd for them when he returned at u21 level has made people there think that early assessments were correct and there is a player in there that with top level coaching can come out

was always going out on loan from what I was being told mate
  • Options
    Are you talking to yourself again nla?
  • Options
    lol no just showing VG that he was always going out on loan I posted that last week

what a dickhead looking post I done
  • Options

When Redknapp was in change at Spurs, they never allowed one of their players go on loan to any club more than once.

AVB may have just kept the same "rule".
  • Options
    I thought Obika made Spurs's 25 man roster? If true and he does go to Brighton I'd think it would either be a very short-term loan or that he has an immediate recall.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

When Redknapp was in change at Spurs, they never allowed one of their players go on loan to any club more than once.

AVB may have just kept the same "rule".
    I'd imagine there are two very good reasons for that if true.

1. The player in question doesn't pick up any bad habits from one particular club / manager

2. If the player impresses at more than one club, Spurs have effectively opened a bidding war and will get a good price.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!