Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Plaaayer said:

JT said:

CharltonAthletic ‏@CAFCofficial
    We are delighted to announce the signing of defender @Ruby__Southgate from West Ham United #cafc #cawfc

She's a sort as well!
    twin as well
  • Options
    Anyone got any spitroast themed chants for our new signing?
  • Options
    I know a bird that plays for Charlton Women. I am going to have a word about Ruby
  • Options
    Ask if she's on the market.
  • Options
    I did a quick google image search and I think she's let herself go recently...

• Options

A good biography about Alnwick here from the excellant Norwich City website Flown the Nest.

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/alnwick.htm

Former England Under-21 international goalkeeper Ben Alnwick joined Norwich City on a three month loan from Tottenham on 24th July 2009 as cover for Australian keeper Michael Theoklitos whose international clearance had not come through and for Declan Rudd called up by England Under-18s and Jed Steer who had injured his back

After playing for local youth side Wylam in his native Northumberland, he was signed by Sunderland for whom he made his professional debut at the climax of the 2004/05 season when Thomas Myhre was injured. He eventually became first choice keeper at Sunderland for the 2006/7 season but after a poor start, was dropped by manager Roy Keane in favour of Darren Ward.

On 2nd January 2007, Ben signed for Tottenham for £900,000 in a deal which saw Marlon Fulop head to the Stadium of Light. In September 2007 he was loaned to League One side Luton Town on a three-month loan deal. He was recalled from Luton in October, due to an injury to Paul Robinson. However, on Monday 7th January 2008, Alnwick joined Leicester City on loan until the end of the season

After returning to Spurs, he was loaned to Carlisle on 16th October 2008 but came back after a month due to injuries at Tottenham. He made his Spurs debut in the 3-2 defeat to Burnley in the League Cup semi-final second leg.

Although called up to the England Under-21 squad in August 2006 for the game against Moldova, he did not make his international debut at this level until a year later against Romania.

Ben made his debut for Norwich in the 4-0 away win over yeovil on 11 August 2009 in the Carling Cup. Injury cut short his loan and he made just 6 appearances for City

On 14th October 2010 Alnwick joined Leeds United on loan for 28 days but did not make a first team appearance

On 4th March 2011, Alnwick was loaned to Doncaster Rovers until 9th April 2011

On 9th September 2011, Ben was loaned to Leyton Orient for a month to stand in for fellow Spurs loan man David Button, who has a shoulder injury. He made his debut the following day in the 1-1 draw at Colchester. This loan was extended and he made eight appearances for the O's.

He was released by Spurs at the end of May 2012. He joined Barnsley on 5th July 2012, signing a two year deal. He made his debut for Barnsley on 11th August 2012 in a Capital One Cup clash with Rochdale but was sent off in the 90th minute for inexplicably head-butting Ray Putterill, conceding a penalty and earning himself a red card.
  • Options
    I saw Ben Alnwick many years ago and thought he looked really really good. I've kind of followed his career and wondered why he never really kicked on anywhere.

Glad to have him on board and hope he can either raise Hamer's game back to his best or challenge him
  • Options

I did a quick google image search and I think she's let herself go recently...

haha thats just the same person but on the right they are fatter and in a dress!
  • Options
    Richard J said:

.......... but was sent off in the 90th minute for inexplicably head-butting Ray Putterill, conceding a penalty and earning himself a red card.

What is it with keepers? Nutters.

• Options

I did a quick google

image search and I think she's let herself go recently...

haha thats just the same person but on the right they are fatter and in a dress!

ha ha pmsl. Same bod. Beware the side effects of creatine. U have been warned.

I suspect from the razor ruddock skool of defending rather than lucio. If thats earning wedge from sport....sorry.but womens football is cack

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    See Obika made the spurs 25! Not much chance of a loan now.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

See Obika made the spurs 25! Not much chance of a loan now.

Wow, that's a shock! Seems odd to loan out the likes of Assou-ekotto but keep Obika
  • Options
    Thats unbelievable! How did he manage that?!?
  • Options

Thats unbelievable! How did he manage that?!?

As NLA explained above a couple of their new signings are Under 21 so do not need to be registered in the 25,in fact Spurs were still one player short of the maximum so could sign a free agent if they felt the need.
  • Options
    Might also suggest that he's better than some people on here give him credit for.
  • Options

Might also suggest that he's better than some people on here give him credit for.

What he said
  • Options
    except he isnt
  • Options
    Tim will tell how good Obika is. I think he'll be a Premier League player one day although not with Spurs while they're obsessed with signing foreigners.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I'd be extremely surprised if he once makes the match day squad for Spurs outside of the League Cup this season.
  • Options

Tim will tell how good Obika is. I think he'll be a Premier League player one day although not with Spurs while they're obsessed with signing foreigners.

I'll rely on my own judgement not Tim's

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I'll rely on my own judgement not Tim's

Ha! Tim is always ITK.
  • Options
    I was lead to believe by my pals that coach at the Spuds that Obika was in the 25 due to the U21 rule, and they do expect him to go on loan though at some stage this season, his form at the back end of last with us and the performances he put in against I think it was Man Utd for them when he returned at u21 level has made people there think that early assessments were correct and there is a player in there that with top level coaching can come out
  • Options
    If Alnwick was at Leicester in 2008, CP would have known him from then.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

If Alnwick was at Leicester in 2008, CP would have known him from then.

alnwick was there season before Powell.
  • Options
    Yes, sorry you are correct. Alnwick left at the end of 07/08 seson and CP joined Leicester at the start of the 08/09 season.
  • Options
    Interesting tweet by us just now: Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 3m
    Sat: Beat Leicester. Mon: Sign Cameron Stewart. Tues: Extend @piggydaboss' contract. Wed: Sign Ben Alnwick. Thursday? Stay tuned... #cafc

Does this suggest another signing?
  • Options
    Solly extension?
  • Options
    Solly's new contract?
  • Options
    Announcement of Solly signing a 4 year contract...
  • Options
    Mr Obika....?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!