Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

Is that the incident with Liam Lawrence and friends?

Bingo

Didn't realise he was involved in that!
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Why do people think Ben Alnwick is joining us?

Only keeper i've heard who was close to joining is Marton Fulop.

It was only on here and FR so there is no firm source to my knowledge,I post FR tongue in cheek most of the time but very occasionally it does come up trumps for example it predicted Edgar Davids to Barnet a month before it happened last season.

Unless i get corrected ,someone posted on deadline day that Alnwick had been released from Barnsley and then Cawley tweeted we were going to sign a non contract player and given we are short of a number two keeper people have put two and two together.Now do they make 4 or 5.

Personally I'd much prefer Fulop who ironically was swapped with Alnwick by Spurs and Sunderland with but Alnwick was the higher value player according to Wiki.

Edit just seen this which was posted on the BBC website on 10 June 2013,which would explain why the Hungarian is not currently playing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22840586
    Marton Fulop recovering from tumour operation

Former Sunderland and Ipswich Town keeper Marton Fulop is recovering after having a tumour removed from his arm.
    The Hungarian, who played for Greek club Asteras Tripoli last season, is undergoing post-operative treatment.
    "I am sure that after a few months I will be ready both physically and mentally to continue playing football," the 30-year-old said in a statement.
    I'd like to train between treatment courses, as the doctors have said this is fine and heartily recommend it."
    Fulop moved to England in 2004 when he was signed by Tottenham but, after loan spells at Chesterfield and Coventry, he left White Hart Lane without making a senior appearance to join Sunderland.
    He made 47 appearances for the Black Cats and had further loans at Leicester, Stoke and Manchester City, before a 38-game stint with Ipswich and a short spell at West Brom.
    In February, he was sidelined by an initial problem with his arm, that led to an operation in April, but a malignant tumour was discovered and subsequently removed in a successful operation earlier this month.
    "My contract in Greece has come to an end and with a successful season behind me there were some great career opportunities put in front of me," said Fulop, who has won 24 caps for Hungary.
    "For the time being I cannot dwell on these, and I wouldn't want to put a club's management in such an awkward situation that they have to deal with my problem."
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial now
    DEADLINE, WHAT DEADLINE? We'll be announcing news of a new signing on http://bit.ly/UsjbCV at 2.40pm this afternoon. (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    3/1 Obika 2/1 Alnwick
  • Options

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial now
    DEADLINE, WHAT DEADLINE? We'll be announcing news of a new signing on http://bit.ly/UsjbCV at 2.40pm this afternoon. (IL) #cafc

10 minutes! Why are they keeping us waiting so long. Embarrassing.

: - )
  • Options

What odds on Fulop then?
  • Options
    evens double coop
  • Options
    A Belgian or Moroccan?
  • Options
    ooo only 6 minutes left!!! The countdown is on.
  • Options
    New commercial deal. Link up with preferred supplier 5/2 cue mass cries of disappointment, lives ruined, marriages ended, embarrassing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm going Danny La Rue.
  • Options

Could it be confirmation of Kadell Daniel ?
  • Options
    could it really be

the Solly Confirmation that Reams posted
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    The Twitterarti seem to mainly think Alnwick.
  • Options
    who is it

who is it

who is it

oooooooh the teases
  • Options
    going to be confusing in the keeper dept, 3 Ben's
  • Options
    Its 2:40pm, no announcement, Jimenez out!!! and Powell of course!!!
  • Options
    Alnwick, one year deal.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 20s
    TRANSFER NEWS: Ben Alnwick has agreed to join Charlton on a one-year contract. http://www.cafc.co.uk (IL) #cafc pic.twitter.com/I4xHYJtamv
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    i make that 2 mins late.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CharltonAthletic ‏@CAFCofficial
    We are delighted to announce the signing of defender @Ruby__Southgate from West Ham United #cafc #cawfc
  • Options
    Very Good move need cover for Hamer
  • Options
    Alnwick, one year contract. What a surprise. :-)
  • Options
    JT said:

CharltonAthletic ‏@CAFCofficial
    We are delighted to announce the signing of defender @Ruby__Southgate from West Ham United #cafc #cawfc

She's a sort as well!
  • Options
    Instant follow.
  • Options
    Standard
  • Options

So how do we pronounce his surname?

Is it Ann-ick as in the town/castle etc or Aln-wick?
  • Options

going to be confusing in the keeper dept, 3 Ben's

You can never have too many Ben's at a club or organisation.

Benny Fenton
    Ben Roberts
    Ben Hamer
    Ben Alnwick

Any other players called Ben represented the Addicks?
  • Options

So how do we pronounce his surname?

Is it Ann-ick as in the town/castle etc or Aln-wick?

Ask Big Dave

• Options
    Lead to believe it's said Alan-Wick. Was class when we lost to Barnsley 1-0
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!