Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Only 19 - another development team member. 5yrs at Palace - turned down contract offer apparently. No idea of height!
    Started new thread as - probably not a rumour - but should wait til on OS...
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/56917/kadell-daniel#latest
  • Options
    Is he definitely a left back? Strange move with Fox, Holmes-Dennis and Edwards all coming through.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Scoham said:

Is he definitely a left back? Strange move with Fox, Holmes-Dennis and Edwards all coming through.

According to http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=132003&page=1 and http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242445 he is a left back who can also play in midfield/CM
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Scoham said:

According to http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=132003&page=1 and http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=242445 he is a left back who can also play in midfield/CM
    the next Gareth Bale...
  • Options
    Getting ourselves ready for when wiggins leaves lol
  • Options
    Well our best left backs are usually ex-Palace
  • Options
    I guess that if anyone can spot a good left back in the making it is Christopher Powell Esq
  • Options

Lots of Charlton-reated news today -

Colchester have confirmed that long-serving skipper Kem Izzet has been released by the club. The 32-year-old has failed to make the U's matchday squad for any of their league games this campaign and was an unused substitute in the Capital One Cup defeat to Petetborough.

Cor blimey! The lad Kem Izzet now 32...
  • Options
    04 Sep 2013 08:49:14
    After missing out on Lee Camp who went to West Brom Charlton manager Chris Powell is considering moving for the recently released Barnsley Goalkeeper Ben Alnwick or Palace third choice Lewis Price. Price is recovering from an injury at the moment which had delayed any potential loan move.

The Charlton boss continues to monitor the situation at Spurs with Jonathan Obika.
  • Options
    squads of 25 for prem league are to be announced today , worringly for the Obika deal you don't count under 21's will have to see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Obika is actually 23 in a weeks time and I can't see him being included.
  • Options
    didn't mean him mate some of the new signings they have are included in the U21 rule
  • Options
    Interesting that Obika didn't end up anywhere by deadline day.
  • Options

Certainly this rumour last Friday in the SLP that Bristol City were prepared to pay a fee for him never materialised.

Even if he made the 25 I can't see Spurs picking him above Soldado,Adebayor,Defoe,Lamela or even Harry Kane,AVB took selection for Europa matches a lot more seriously than Harry did and with the depth of the squad being strengthened in the window I can't see where Obika would feature and i would have thought that Tottenham would appreciate him coming to Charlton and getting game time as he could only feature as an overage player in their U21's now.

• Options
    strange situation as unless he goes on loan the only way he can leave is if his contract is canx and he becomes a free agent
  • Options

strange situation as unless he goes on loan the only way he can leave is if his contract is canx and he becomes a free agent

hence why we are sniffing around

• Options
    Richard J said:

Certainly this rumour last Friday in the SLP that Bristol City were prepared to pay a fee for him never materialised.

Even if he made the 25 I can't see Spurs picking him above Soldado,Adebayor,Defoe,Lamela or even Harry Kane,AVB took selection for Europa matches a lot more seriously than Harry did and with the depth of the squad being strengthened in the window I can't see where Obika would feature and i would have thought that Tottenham would appreciate him coming to Charlton and getting game time as he could only feature as an overage player in their U21's now.

There's a reason AVB takes Europe more seriously. He has a reputation to protect across the continent. Benitiez does the same.
  • Options

Well on our way to signing Alnwick now,twice in one day on FR.

I have not heard any other sources yet though.

04 Sep 2013 12:14:24
    Charlton are set to sign goalkeeper Ben Alnwick after he was released by Barnsley. He is there to give competition to first choice goalkeeper Ben Hamer.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    On Alnwick how did Spurs fans rate him in comparison to Button ? I got the impression from the snippets I gleaned that he was the better Keeper but Button had more potential.

Interestingly both men have served time at Barnsley ,Donny and Leyton Orient also.
  • Options
    He should never half left Sunderland. He played 19 games for them and has only played 28 games since he left in 2007.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alnwick is one of those permanent bench warmers .. if he was really good and confident he'd be playing regularly somewhere by now .. we should stick with Pope as back up
  • Options

Alnwick is one of those permanent bench warmers .. if he was really good and confident he'd be playing regularly somewhere by now .. we should stick with Pope as back up

Disagree. Certainly Alnwick needs to be a first choice somewhere at age 26 but he can legitimately challenge Hamer for first choice, something I don't think Pope can or should do at this point. Being thrown in for Pope could set him back considerably at his age. He's too young and inexperienced for now.

• Options

He should never half left Sunderland. He played 19 games for them and has only played 28 games since he left in 2007.

Theres a whole other story to that, and probably a reason why a few will not want him signed by us.

• Options

Theres a whole other story to that, and probably a reason why a few will not want him signed by us.

Is that the incident with Liam Lawrence and friends?
  • Options

Go on then

• Options
    Just what we need, another roaster.
  • Options

Is that the incident with Liam Lawrence and friends?

Bingo

• Options
    Two fat ladies involved?
  • Options
    JT said:

Two fat ladies involved?

candidate for a would'ya?

• Options
    Why do people think Ben Alnwick is joining us?

Only keeper i've heard who was close to joining is Marton Fulop.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!