Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options

Creepy Cawley treeting last night that CAFC have open prelinary contract talks with Yann

awful spelling ;-)

• Options
    Discussions are also thought to be on going with other senior players.

Good to hear if true. I've knocked the club for stalling on this but maybe it's the other way around. Younger players will naturally be quicker to sign new contracts I suppose as they have less to negotiate and you'd assume they'll be a pay rise for them.
  • Options
    That Ketts knows a thing or two m8 ;-)

• Options

Not quite in Julian Gray,Hayden Mullins or Darren Purse's league but a regular name from transfer windows past emerged again today.

In an article about Fitz Hall possibly being signed by Millwall after a two week trial,the SLP (Toby Porter not Richard Cawley) speculates that the Spanners are interested in him but do not currently have the wage budget to conclude a deal after a two week trial period. The article then says Fitz 'is now being offered to other clubs such as Charlton' .

Fitz Hall is now back to training with his former club Watford but according to Sky Zola seems reluctant to give him a deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11686/9013045/transfer-news-watford-may-struggle-to-fit-fitz-hall-back-into-their-ranks

Gianfranco Zola is a fan of Fitz Hall, but admits a deal to bring the defender back into the Watford squad would be 'very difficult'.

The Championship outfit are already well-stocked at the back, with potential recruitment focused in other areas.

Zola would have to move someone out in order to make room for Hall - who was released by the Hornets at the end of last season as his contract came to a close.

He was allowed to train with the club over the summer in an effort to keep himself fit, with injuries having restricted him to just 22 appearances last term.

No club was found and Hall has returned to Watford after taking in a recent trial spell at Millwall.

Zola is unsure what the immediate future holds for the 32-year-old centre-half, with it not always possible to turn interest into something tangible.

He told the Watford Observer: "Fitz came back this morning to train with us. I don't know what is happening with Millwall."

Pressed on whether there is still hope for Hall at Vicarage Road, Zola added: "It is a question that I cannot answer right now. We have a lot of players and a lot of competition in that position.

"We have a high value and a high consideration of Fitz. None of us have ever doubted his qualities on or off the pitch. The only problem is that in that position we had several players and now we have Nyron Nosworthy coming back from injury.

"I see it as a very difficult thing to happen, although it is a pity because we know how good Fitz can be."

Given our problems with injuries to Cort ,Wood and it was even reported last week that Morrison played on despite an injury problem might a two month deal for Fitz give us the cover we need over the Christmas period at centre back ?
  • Options
    One size Fitz Hall. Don't need him do we?
  • Options

One size Fitz Hall. Don't need him do we?

With Wood and Cort injured we only have two experienced centre halves. If one is injured or suspended...

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Would think a centre back of FH's experience is just what we need. Sounds to me that possibly his wage demands are a bit high given Watford and now Millwalls inability to afford him when they both obviously want him. Rules him out for us if that is the case.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Would think a centre back of FH's experience is just what we need. Sounds to me that possibly his wage demands are a bit high given Watford and now Millwalls inability to afford him when they both obviously want him. Rules him out for us if that is the case.

Not sure about that SHG .

Millwall must have a larger wage budget than us given their summer activity.They even added Justin Hoyte another experienced former Premiership player this week.In the SLP it has been reported that Berylson is disappointed that the crowds in the Toolbox have not been higher given the scale of the investment and that FFP would mean there has to be some sort of clear out in the summer unless the situation improved.

From what I can see Watford's take on this is not financial,rather that they have enough cover in this position.

That is why I could see a short term deal being a viable option.Hall needs to play so he does not get forgotten ,we need extra cover for Cort and Wood over Xmas.This could be a win win for all concerned.
  • Options
    No thanks, would rather we save any money for another striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    id be happy with One Size (thought he was older than 32) but as BRE says, CB is not a priority
  • Options

id be happy with One Size (thought he was older than 32) but as BRE says, CB is not a priority

We are a CB injury or suspension away from disaster.

• Options
    yep... but if you had the choice and could sign one would it be a striker or a CB?
  • Options
    Very true Henry. Forgot Wood was injured as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

yep... but if you had the choice and could sign one would it be a striker or a CB?

Probably a minority view but in view of the defensive injuries if push came to shove I'd prefer an extra CB. I love seeing our young players blooded but would we really want to pitch Harry Lennon or Kevin Feely in for a full game at the moment?

In contrast we can go 4 5 1 to cover a missing striker ,but in an ideal world I would like both.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Probably a minority view but in view of the defensive injuries if push came to shove I'd prefer an extra CB. I love seeing our young players blooded but would we really want to pitch Harry Lennon or Kevin Feely for a full game at the moment?

In contrast we can go 4 5 1 to cover a missing striker ,but in an ideal world I would like both.
    This

• Options
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11688/9080241/transfer-news-four-championship-clubs-chasing-readings-jobi-mcanuff

Apparantly we're interested in Jobi McAnuff should his Contract not be renewed (along with Millwall, Blackburn and Wigan)
  • Options
    @NewsShopperSprt: MLS striker @Ddwyer14 training with Charlton http://t.co/Hw2gM6LCpN #cafc @DanielDPrescott
  • Options

@NewsShopperSprt: MLS striker @Ddwyer14 training with Charlton http://t.co/Hw2gM6LCpN #cafc @DanielDPrescott

15 goals in 13 games for Orlando City this year.
  • Options

Hmm interesting to see if there is a possibility or whether he's just training with us like the Goalkeeper from New York Red Bulls - Apparently spent time on loan with Orlando City (a team in the League beneath the MLS, yet who are gonna be a new MLS franchise in a few years) and scored 15 goals in 13 matches...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

15 goals in 13 games for Orlando City this year.
    Orlando City play in the third tier of US Soccer but Kanas City are in the top flight.

With all the takeover and admin talk I had forgotten the window is about to re-open. Goody, goody.

• Options
    We aint signing no one, we never do.
  • Options
    "A striker from Orlando City who play in the 3dt tier of USA soccer".................may as well recall Michael Smith
  • Options
    Dom Dwyer played last season for Sporting Kansas City who were MLS Champions. Saw a few games of his, he's a quick, strong striker only 20 years old. Would be a good addition to the squad IMO. Loans from the MLS are a good idea, lots of decent players with nothing to do between now March.

He spent a bit of time on loan at Orlando City 0 but make no mistake he made an impact at MLS level, which is Championship standard football.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2013/12/10/sporting-kansas-citys-dom-dwyer-listening-overseas-offers-eyes-fun-offseason
  • Options
    Also watched a few games of his this season, thought he looked pretty decent and I agree MLS is probably Championship standard these days and his team won it.
  • Options
    @Oakster .. thanks for the info .. he looks decent and he's English though only ever played at youth level over here .. he has something of the Nahki Wells about him, and that can only be good
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtxgFZWPsxY

Robbie Earle commentating...."look at Dwyer, there's a man who knows his way around the 18 yard box"

Come to Charlton Dom & get yourself aquainted with the centre circle instead.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind Kevin Phillips on loan, he ain't getting a game for Palace and is looking for football
  • Options
    Ipswich just signed ebanks-blake
  • Options

I wouldn't mind Kevin Phillips on loan, he ain't getting a game for Palace and is looking for football

I thought that when I saw he was having a 'chat' with Pulis, but we haven't the cash for him.....

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!