Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

As well as Huddersfield, Derby are apparently interested in Vaughan. £750k fee has been suggested As said Huddersfield's POTY, from what I've read he was their stand out player this year, very hard working and very good in the air. Obviously a decent goalscorer as well.

No doubt the club would have noticed him, but he wouldn't be cheap. He's also had problems with injuries in the past at Everton.

stood out in a poor team, doesn't work hard at all really. Good in air and scored goals. Was better with injuries, but still missed games. Decent signing if price is right.
  • Options

Norwich mate said that Vaughan is incredibly injury prone, barely played for them. Don't really like the sound of that if we're gunna splash some cash on him ...

Played over 30 games last year I believe.

I think the fact is that at the level we're shopping at, we sometimes might take a punt and cross our fingers. Some may turn out ok, others may not.

• Options
    This rumours thread is sh*t!
  • Options
    Is the management getting rid of the rumours thread a sign that we're skint?
  • Options

Scoham said:

As well as Huddersfield, Derby are apparently interested in Vaughan. £750k fee has been suggested As said Huddersfield's POTY, from what I've read he was their stand out player this year, very hard working and very good in the air. Obviously a decent goalscorer as well.

No doubt the club would have noticed him, but he wouldn't be cheap. He's also had problems with injuries in the past at Everton.

stood out in a poor team, doesn't work hard at all really. Good in air and scored goals. Was better with injuries, but still missed games. Decent signing if price is right.
    Fair enough, was just the opinion of the one Huddersfield fan.

Standing out in a poor team isn't a bad thing. No reason why Bristol City couldn't have one or two players that are capable of playing for a good Championship side.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

No reason why Bristol City couldn't have one or two players that are capable of playing for a good Championship side.

Baldock! lol

• Options

Is the management getting rid of the rumours thread a sign that we're skint?

No, the 'fan favourite' rumours thread been released as SCP thinks we need to bring in a fresh rumours thread to take us to the next level. At the moment he's looking at the rumour threads of the relegated clubs to see if any of them would be useful acquisitions.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Standing out in a poor team isn't a bad thing. No reason why Bristol City couldn't have one or two players that are capable of playing for a good Championship side.
    yer no you're right in majority of what you said. POTY albeit in a poor campaign shows he had a good season. Only thing is his work-rate has been average at best. He's no Yann but popped up with some important goals.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

yer no you're right in majority of what you said. POTY albeit in a poor campaign shows he had a good season. Only thing is his work-rate has been average at best. He's no Yann but popped up with some important goals.
    Very few players ARE a Yann! With no BWP and no Fuller, that leaves only Yann and arguably Smith, who has done well lower down the leagues but completely untested at this level. Someone with a record of popping up with important goals sounds just the ticket, fitness dependant of course.
  • Options
    Would like to see Obika return. Would still leave us one short up front.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vaughan was a horrible prima donna at The Valley in the FA Cup, don't want him
  • Options
    Hudds have offered £240k for Lee Tomlin.
  • Options
    Alan Judge will be signing for us in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dizzee said:

On a scale of 1 - 10 where ten is certain. How sure are you ?

• Options

dizzee said:

Just got a feeling
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Vaughan was a horrible prima donna at The Valley in the FA Cup, don't want him

Pretty sure most teams say that about Yann
  • Options
    I got a feeling that I'm having steak and chips for dinner.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Just got a feeling
    LOL. So have I. That lunch break did me in.
  • Options

I got a feeling that I'm having steak and chips for dinner.

Lucky!!!
  • Options
    Peterborough fans on twitter saying 250k for Tomlin isn't enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would like to see Obika return. Would still leave us one short up front.

I agree to Obika returning and I think that we will see alot more of Smith and Azeez next season so im not sure if we will be one short
  • Options
    Did Anthony Stokes go Palace? Sure I read it on another rumours thread but can't seem to find it now.
  • Options

Tend to agree with them to be fair. 24 years old, held his own in the Champ, attacking player so market value you'd think would reflect that. It's a bit on the low side.
  • Options

Tend to agree with them to be fair. 24 years old, held his own in the Champ, attacking player so market value you'd think would reflect that. It's a bit on the low side.
    If we could sign:

Tomlin
    Judge
    Obika

We will make the playoffs next season
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dizzee said:

If we could sign:

Tomlin
    Judge
    Obika

We will make the playoffs next season
    And maybe replacing Powell would increase our chances too
  • Options
    Who do you suggest Dizzee?
  • Options
    Fishing
  • Options
    Look I know Colin's had a tough year but surely he should get the benefit of the doubt based on his past efforts?
  • Options

Dean Saunders is one suggestion. Great manager was just unlucky to take Wolves on at the time he did. Would have got us the playoffs this year. Always admired his work.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Dean Saunders is one suggestion. Great manager was just unlucky to take Wolves on at the time he did. Would have got us the playoffs this year. Always admired his work.
    Let us know what you really think when you sober up.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!