Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

We won't get playoffs next season

Yeah you're right, we'll get auto's ; )
  • Options
    As said FFP rules mean a lot of clubs cutting budgets to comply and having to reduce wage bill.

That will mean a lot of players available on lower wages.

So IF SCP can pick up some bargains, IF we can integrate the likes of Smith and Feely, IF we move on some other high earners, IF the board can bring more income in from sponsorship etc (FFP limits loans from owners even if they have/want to), IF we can have a money making Cup run then.........
  • Options

As said FFP rules mean a lot of clubs cutting budgets to comply and having to reduce wage bill.

That will mean a lot of players available on lower wages.

So IF SCP can pick up some bargains, IF we can integrate the likes of Smith and Feely, IF we move on some other high earners, IF the board can bring more income in from sponsorship etc (FFP limits loans from owners even if they have/want to), IF we can have a money making Cup run then.........

That's a bit far fetched isn't it?...a money making cup run!
  • Options
    If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle ;0)
  • Options

I don't know if the player's budget will be reduced or not - but we have a number of talented reserve team players coming through and while I doubt they'll be guaranteed starters they should be good enough to fill in for a few matches here and there or occupy a spot on the bench.

I think that's very true but isn't the real issue whether or not we are looking for further seasons of Championship consolidation which bye the way is fine by me or whether there is a real plan to get us closer season on season to the playoffs ? Not taking anything away from what SCP did last season but several of our key players are not getting any younger and although not too far off I don't see us as serious playoff contenders with what we have plus a few youngsters filling the gaps. What will be will be but a reduced budget will not see us progress.

As someone once said, you don't win things with kids...

Last season we made a loss of something like £7.5m on a turnover of around £8m - our wage bill is to high, so we need to either find a way to get another 5,000 plus fans in per match or we start to live according to our budget. All the clubs in the championship will have this problem, not many will be able to blood a crop of well trained academy players though.
  • Options
    I almost forgot...

Kieffer Moore who has been playing for Dorchester Town is apparently on trial at Charlton.
  • Options

I almost forgot...

Kieffer Moore who has been playing for Dorchester Town is apparently on trial at Charlton.

Not THE Kieffer Moore ?

• Options

I almost forgot...

Not THE Kieffer Moore ?

Yes, THE Kieffer Moore.
  • Options

I almost forgot...

Must be bored stiff as all the players have left for the summer haven't they...and I think Powelly probably off on his hols too! poor timing to have a trial now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone says Kevin Cash is back and everyone ignores it, someone else hears that the budget is being reduced and everyone soils themselves. I'll believe it when the transfer window closes and we haven't signed anyone
  • Options
    Garrymanilow...he believes what he wants.
  • Options
    6'4" with a 12/13 second 100m sprint

That's pretty tasty!

• Options
    Looking forward to Charltonising him.
  • Options

I almost forgot...

Must be bored stiff as all the players have left for the summer haven't they...and I think Powelly probably off on his hols too! poor timing to have a trial now!
    The development squad finished yesterday, he may have been training with them.
  • Options

Someone says Kevin Cash is back and everyone ignores it, someone else hears that the budget is being reduced and everyone soils themselves. I'll believe it when the transfer window closes and we haven't signed anyone

Absolutely right. None of us really know so let's see how it goes and not wet ourselves every time someone pops up with a thought.
  • Options

Good point except no one has soiled themselves and it's a rumours thread and amazingly someone posted a rumour which, even more amazingly people then discussed in a calm and reasonable way.

#bizarre overreaction
  • Options

Good point except no one has soiled themselves and it's a rumours thread and amazingly someone posted a rumour which, even more amazingly people then discussed in a calm and reasonable way.

#bizarre overreaction

Have to pull you up on that.I soiled myself when somebody said Kevin Cash was back. ;-)
  • Options

#bizarre overreaction
    to be fair there was a couple of overreactions which GarryManilow refers to. One even said we're down!
  • Options

#bizarre overreaction
    Ironically enough, my comment was posted to avoid overreaction and try to stop the next 50 posts on this thread being about whether or not we've got two pennies to rub together and more about what players we might be signing. There's no point in people panicking before we know for sure. I'm glad you took the time out to condescend to me though Henry. Cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013

Why not just have a sensible debate rather than using silly OTT terms like "everyone" and "soiled themselves".

• Options
    Well done on editing your post Henry...it needed it.

• Options
    I heard from a very good source that Billy Davies is keen on Leroy Lita.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/24301/rumours-rumours
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Well done on editing your post Henry...it needed it.

Didn't want to upset the spelling police : - )
  • Options
    Either way. If it means more of these under 21s coming through, I'm all for it.

No point having it, funding it, if you're not gonna use it.

Step up Smith, Piggott, Holmes, Cousins & Poyet.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

I'd like to see Smith and Cousins given a go. I don't honestly know much about the others. I know Piggott has scored a few for the reserves/u21 and Poyet has had some good reviews. I am sure they along with the likes of Osborne, Azeez and Sho will be given a try against Welling pre season.

Would like us to sign solid central midfielder, a creative wide player a new striker. But don't think we will have the budget.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley just tweeted: "#cafc linked with £250k move for Crawley defender Mark Connolly. Be amazed - vibes at the moment are that no money to spend this summer."
  • Options
    Just saw that Cawley stuff on Twitter,he says this about N'Guessan when the Millwall reporter Aldo speculates about it.

If Millwall let him go on a free then I could see that one happening.

My take is that Fuller and BWP would be on big contracts and that with them leaving we could replace them with less expensive players.We shall see.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

I'd be happy with giving youngsters a go in the 1st team a but quicker than we have been doing in recent years, indeed that would be a major selling point any young playing thinking about leaving us for the likes of Chelsea. The likes of Palace and Derby have tended to play youngsters earlier than us.

Taking an example from 20 years ago, when Minto left, Sturgess and Stuart were given the chance at LB, rather than us getting a journeyman free transfer as a direct replacement. With the injuries at LB last season, and money too tight to get an experienced LB in, would it have been worth us playing Fox say at LB, rather than getting the fairly hopeless Seabourne in on loan?

Similarly, Harriott had a really exciting cameo subs appearance earlier in the season, but didn't get a proper chance until several months later, and has now become a 1st choice player in that position.
  • Options
    From FR: Oxford's Alfie Potter is being tracked by Leeds, Charlton and Port Vale.

This is a bit weird because my mate who is an Oxford fan texted me a few weeks back to say he heard some people say that we were interested in Potter, don't know how true it is but he has nothing but good things to say about Potter
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!