Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• 07 Jul 2013 11:05:41
    Crystal Palace, Charlton Athletic and Watford are all interested in a season loan deal for Manchester City's central defender, Karim Rekik, 18, whom wishes to get more first team action.

Colchester have ex charlton centre back Yado Mambo on trial, they also have James Musa on trial with the u21's, he is an ex fulham centre/left back.

05 Jul 2013 16:07:44
    Charlton are interested in signing Hull forward Aaron Mclean
  • According to the Mail, Charlton are in talks to sign free agent Michael Higdon

I made this up two pages back, I should have put FACT on it and pretended I knew what I was on about. Would be a gamble but a good one, but suspect the mail have taken a leaf out of my book and invented it.
    It wouldnt suprise me if the Mail saw your comment and used it
  • According to the Mail, Charlton are in talks to sign free agent Michael Higdon

I made this up two pages back, I should have put FACT on it and pretended I knew what I was on about. Would be a gamble but a good one, but suspect the mail have taken a leaf out of my book and invented it.
    It wouldnt suprise me if the Mail saw your comment and used it
    Or maybe Charlton aren't using scouts and simply looking on here for players. I hear that Messi kid is pretty good...

another surprise choice .. never heard of him until now t b h .. left Mothrwell and is having talks also with Hibs and Barnsley .. his wiki entry says he is 'renowned for his physical ability and hard shot' .. his overall scoring record is not great but last few seasons he did well it seems ... he's another 'graduate' from the Crewe/Dario Gradi school of science.
    Incidentally, Mark Hateleys' son has also been let go by Motherwell .. from his photo he is a spittin image of the old man
    I remember Tony Hateley. Mark is the spit of him.

• Higdon - Bought him on champ man (2012) helped fire us out of league one with a sick amount of goals. Wasn't overly mobile but scored a hat full of 30yrd+ rockets. So if the bastian of football truth (champ man) says he's a winner then that's good enough for me
  • Higdon is a liability off the pitch.
  • As the team is now off to Spain for a week or so I wouldn't expect any movement in until Powell gets back.
  • I am sure we have bought people when we have been away before.

I mean, we have to get strikers in urgently. Cant buy them when Powell was away on his coaching thing, can't buy them when we are in Spain. When can we buy them? Would have been useful to get them integrated in the squad on the tour, but hopefully the people back at base are working themselves down to the bone to get the deals done.

Powell can fly back to meet someone if he has to.
  • Charlie Austin to Hull
  • Higdon is cut from the same cloth as Rickie Lambert and Grant Holt, so 29 is not too old for a striker of his ilk. I think he would do well in the Champs.
  • Sponsored links:

• He will be good enough in the champ just not for us

I would love for us to sign a player like him but just cannot see it

Right age right experience and in a great vein of form but he will end up in the prem at a lower end team
  • 07 Jul 2013 11:05:41
    Crystal Palace, Charlton Athletic and Watford are all interested in a season loan deal for Manchester City's central defender, Karim Rekik, 18, whom wishes to get more first team action.

has joined PSV on loan
  • Higdon has joined NEC Nijmegen.
  • Obviously the mail got us and nijmegen mixed up. To be fair to the mail, they are both very similar names...
  • The only thing the Mail gets right is the date.
  • I always check that against another source.
  • dickplumb said:

The only thing the Mail gets right is the date.

sometimes (:->)
  • @SkySportsPeteO: Former Motherwell striker Michael Higdon has joined Dutch side NEC Nijmegen. #well
  • @SkySportsPeteO: Former Motherwell striker Michael Higdon has joined Dutch side NEC Nijmegen. #well

Well, that was fun while it lasted. Who's next?
  • NEC Nijmegen, Charlton Athletic, easy to get mixed up!
  • Sponsored links:

• NEC Nijmegen, Charlton Athletic, easy to get mixed up!

We did play them in Mendonca's testimonial. Easy mistake to make.
  • edited July 2013
    FACT: Kone from Wigan to Everton .. good signing by a man who knows him well (AFKA beat me to it)
  • Mario Gomez looks on his way to Fiorentina, him and Giuseppe Rossi (if he stays fit) could turn into one of the best partnerships in Europe.
  • Valley11 said:

TelMc32 said:

Just checking...does anyone actually understand the concept of a rumours thread???

;-)

Indeed. Here's one - Baldock been left out of BCFC's opening pre season games...apparently. And he's not injured.
    Local press down here in Bristol says Baldock carrying an injury hence left out of recent friendlies.
  • I see arsenal bid 30m for Suarez, they are spending their money 3 years late, imagine the squad they would have now if fabregas, song, clichy, nasri and van persie had stayed and they bought the likes of Suarez, Higuain on top of that
  • sam3110 said:

I see arsenal bid 30m for Suarez, they are spending their money 3 years late, imagine the squad they would have now if fabregas, song, clichy, nasri and van persie had stayed and they bought the likes of Suarez, Higuain on top of that

30 mill bid is purely tactical to get Real to make up their mind on Higuain as they want Suarez themselves.
  • sam3110 said:

I see arsenal bid 30m for Suarez, they are spending their money 3 years late, imagine the squad they would have now if fabregas, song, clichy, nasri and van persie had stayed and they bought the likes of Suarez, Higuain on top of that

30 mill bid is purely tactical to get Real to make up their mind on Higuain as they want Suarez themselves.
    Agreed. Plus they wouldn't have this cash without selling those players. Knowing Arsenal they'll end up without Higuian or Suarez.
  • Not sure the best tactic would be showing Real they have 30m to spend on a striker....
  • Hull have pulled out of a £4.5m deal to sign Charlie Austin after he failed a medical. For the same price they could have signed David Villa (theoretically!) who has just moved to Atletico Madrid.
  • FR

Charlton looking at Luke Moore or Sam baldock with obika also coming in. Charlton also looking to bolster there midfield with Stephen gleeson a target
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!