Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Chill. We don't eat until the top table have eaten. That is where we will get our crumbs - from the no longer needed and the not ready yet.
  • edited July 2013
    randy - you forgot the shocking new revelation..... "we're skint" ;-)
  • @HenryIrving said

Good spot on the only 19 teams. I didny notice that.

Getting ready for Cally Thistle Henry ? ;0)
  • @HenryIrving said

Good spot on the only 19 teams. I didny notice that.

Getting ready for Cally Thistle Henry ? ;0)

Aye, wee man
  • The reason we have only signed 1 player is simple imo. CP did not know what sort of budget he would have until the take over was complete/ failed. Now that he knows whats going on, he knows his budget (or lack of budget) so I am guessing he will now revert to his B list so I am expecting to see some Pritchard'esk signing in the next couple of weeks.

We may not have
  • Redrobo said:

Chill. We don't eat until the top table have eaten. That is where we will get our crumbs - from the no longer needed and the not ready yet.

Spot on! Sorry, I meant...THIS!

;-)
  • edited July 2013

Some of you really think I'm that negative - I'm not !!

Disagree, we ALL think/know that you're that negative :-)

I bet if you fell into a barrel full of tits, you'd still come out sucking your thumb :-)
  • We dont have 1 senior striker

We have yann and smith thats 2
  • We dont have 1 senior striker

We have yann and smith thats 2

Know what you mean nla but I can't agree that we can or should class Smith a senior striker or player. I'm happy for him to be fourth choice if finances dictate but I will be very worried if we don't sign two strikers with a lot more experience than Michael.

• Azeez could be our secret weapon. Think Ameobi but with the goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Azeez could be our secret weapon. Think Ameobi but with the goals

Should I think this or is it just wishful thinking on your part?
  • Swisdom said:

Azeez could be our secret weapon. Think Ameobi but with the goals

Should I think this or is it just wishful thinking on your part?
    Not this season.

• Azeez and Smith will most likely play some part this season but I doubt very much they are powell's second and third choice strikers
  • I was told that we are looking for a new striker and pay him a similar salary to Fuller. Macheda was mentioned as a player we are looking to sign.
  • Redhenry said:

I was told that we are looking for a new striker and pay him a similar salary to Fuller. Macheda was mentioned as a player we are looking to sign.

Macheda rumour has been around for a while. If we are looking to pay 12k a week to a striker I hope it's not Macheda.

• edited July 2013
    Macheda hasn't scored a senior goal at club level since 2008. In Powell we trust.
  • I was told this about three weeks ago and did put on here once it was out there. I'd be happy with Macheda as a Championship striker, ticks all the boxes for me.
  • Redhenry said:

I was told this about three weeks ago and did put on here once it was out there. I'd be happy with Macheda as a Championship striker, ticks all the boxes for me.

Would love to see him at The Valley but he's not proven enough to be our 12k a week most expensive player on the books.

• Macheda would be great at championship level, however I very much doubt he'd drop down to championship level considering his loans abroad. I heard about rumours of a man utd striker joining us and assume now that person is more than likely to be John cofie. Hope I'm wrong and macheda does join
  • Macheda has 4 in 10 for Italy u21's

That's pretty decent!

I'd be amazed if we got him
  • Sponsored links:

• Kiefer Moore (the young striker we had on trial from Dorchester) is joining Yeovil.
  • another one missed out on we are skint etc
  • another one missed out on we are skint etc

If we had signed him the comments/moan on here would be 'why are we signing non league players'.

Is he any good? If he turns out to be a superstar then we can say we missed out on him.
  • What is this shitty new rumours thread doing here?
  • McLovin said:

What is this shitty new rumours thread doing here?

Are we signing Shitty then. Is he on a free. How tall is he. What position does he cover/
  • edited July 2013
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/10531564._/

Addicks chief keen to get Spurs striker deal done
  • edited July 2013
  • Thanks for that.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/10531564._/

“Show me and show others what you can do and that may push you forward in my plans and then save us money or stop us spending money that we haven’t got.

“You could argue that Joe Piggot has done that today.”

My bold. :(

• Telling quote
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!