Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• the CAFC owners follow the Soviet Union communications method ..... for example .. This year was a record harvest .. bad news (suppressed) one million peasants died in the process
  • Jaddick said:

The way they announced it was smart. It meant that we found out something that was under question (as you can sell future clauses). The fact it's "six figure" puts less pressure on the club to spend every single penny on transfers. If it was announced around 400k there's a risk that people may be unhappy if we only spend £250k on transfers even though all of the money may be invested in other areas that we as fans cannot see (wages, investment in academy etc.).

Really don't see how anyone can have complaints for the club keeping us in the loop.

I agree.

I just wish that the Club (and I don't mean the Comms team) would do it more often and realise that communicating well will actually help them.
  • 04 Jul 2013 12:28:02
    Charlton Athletic have taken former Manchester United youngster John Cofie (20) on trial.

The forward was released at the end of last season, following loan spells with Notts County and Sheffield United in League One.

He could feature in Charlton's first pre-season game at Welling this weekend

• Dizzle said:

04 Jul 2013 12:28:02
    Charlton Athletic have taken former Manchester United youngster John Cofie (20) on trial.

Electrifying.

• This will give people another excuse to moan about young players, wrong attitude, think they've made it blah, blah, blah.

At least he's a striker : - )

-----------------------------------
    Career[edit]

Cofie began his football career as a junior player with Burnley.[2] After Burnley rejected a £250,000 bid from Liverpool for Cofie in November 2007,[3] he refused to return to training with the club. After further interest from Chelsea, Cofie was signed by Manchester United in November 2007[4] and joined their Academy in July 2009.[2] After signing professional terms with United in 2010, he continued to play for the youth side and looked to break through into the reserve side.[2]
    In 2012, he was loaned to Belgian side Royal Antwerp to gain first-team experience.[2] The following summer, Cofie signed a one–year loan deal with League One side Sheffield United for the 2012–13 season.[5] After making his debut in the opening game of the season against Shrewsbury Town, Cofie scored his first goal for the club a week later at Colchester United.[6] On 3 January 2013, it was revealed that Cofie had returned to Manchester United, despite having expressed a desire to see out the season with the Blades.[7]
    In February 2013, Cofie joined another League One side, Notts County, on an month's loan.[8][9] Cofie scored on his debut, in a 1–1 draw with Crewe Alexandra, but his deal was not extended and he returned to United in March having made seven appearances for County.[10] After failing to break through into their first team, Cofie was released by Manchester United at the end of the 2012–13 season.[11]
  • RedPanda said:

Dizzle said:

Electrifying.

8ft 6inches tall, should satisfy the CL Height police
  • Dizzle said:

The forward was released at the end of last season, following loan spells with Notts County and Sheffield United in League One.

He could feature in Charlton's first pre-season game at Welling this weekend

What's the source?
  • Is anyone else a little uneasy about the possibility of having to chant something along the lines of 'We love you Dick Wood, we do...'?
  • I wonder how much the agent paid to shoot that video? For a few quid more he could have used colour...
  • Sponsored links:

RedPanda said:

Dizzle said:

Electrifying.

That's Cofie like the drink. Only not spelt the same.
  • Didn't he play in Scotland? I am sure I recall Cofie Annan.
  • McGinty and Colfie are good mates. Both were at United together, could see him back at Sheff Utd if we don't want him.
  • Looks like Leaburn in the Soccer Sixes.

Leeeeaaabbbuuurrrnnn.
  • I understand Billy Sharp, Richard Chaplow, Steve De Ridder, Tadanari Lee and Dean Hammond are free to leave Southampton
  • Seems to be a bit of interest in Cofie - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8795459/Transfer-news-Former-Manchester-United-starlet-John-Cofie-attracting-interest who is described as a powerful striker (just what we need)!
  • Another ex-Charlton player moving somewhere: Scott Carson off to Wigan on a 1-year deal.
  • A powerful, young striker? Surely what we should be concentrating on is a reserve left-back?

RedPanda said:

Dizzle said:

Electrifying.

I'll be happy if he can spit bees at defenders.
  • Vincenzo said:

A powerful, young striker? Surely what we should be concentrating on is a reserve left-back?

I see your point.... exept that we only have ONE senior striker-probably more important when we can always play solly at left back (even if not ideal)
  • Sponsored links:

RedPanda said:

Dizzle said:

Electrifying.

I hate Cofie.
  • Would love Billy Sharp and Dean Hammond, both good players in the Champ
  • I'd take any of those Southampton players, all seem great for championship teams on a free.
  • I accept the above points but I still do think it strange in the context that we are not kept in the loop about anything else.

Not much good news coming out of the club so perhaps the press release about Jonjo money was seen as a way of appeasing the masses.

• AddickBen said:

Vincenzo said:

A powerful, young striker? Surely what we should be concentrating on is a reserve left-back?

I see your point.... exept that we only have ONE senior striker-probably more important when we can always play solly at left back (even if not ideal)
    Sorry Ben I was joking.
  • I'm sure we were linked with Dean Hammond previously?

Would love either him or Billy Sharp, however I fear that other clubs will be ahead of us in the queue...
  • Jaddick said:

I'd take any of those Southampton players, all seem great for championship teams on a free.

I'd add Chaplow to that list too.
  • When does the clubs press days start? Be nice to hear what CP has to say
  • He did an interview that will be on CAFCplayer tonight or tomorrow, probably.
  • Billy sharp would be quality, think Hammond will be going back to Brighton though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!