Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Kermorgant, Ebanks-Blake, Obika, Sordell reads ok in my eyes ;-D
  • Where is the dude who said its done gone has he gone to the good cup to speak to jackson
  • sam3110 said:

Kermorgant, Ebanks-Blake, Obika, Sordell reads ok in my eyes ;-D

Kermogant, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez read OK in my eyes. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. OK, your selections more likely than mine, but I suspect only in the way of it being less of a pipe dream.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23182634

Chairman communicates with fans shocker
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23182634

At least last year Slater rolled out two lines telling us it was harder competing for players in the championship
  • Suarez to Chelsea
  • What happened to Burtons' Maghoma who Richard Cawley said we were signing ?
  • He is at The Massives.

To be fair, he said we were tracking him, not that we were signing him.
  • Signed for the MASSIVES
  • What happened to Burtons' Maghoma who Richard Cawley said we were signing ?

Went to sheff.w
  • Sponsored links:

• Have we still not signed anyone?
  • Soon the excuse will be "We're waiting for a few clubs to bring players In, before we can move for the players we want" like it was last year.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23182634?

He's still a bit of a lunatic though. Wouldn't be surprised if Billy Davies is sacked if they dont win the first game.
  • Sky Sports understands that Watford are closing in on as many as eight signings, with Marco Cassetti, Joel Ekstrand, Ikechi Anya, Daniel Pudil, Almen Abdi, Gabriele Angella, Marco Davide Faraoni and Jaime Romero believed to be the players heading into Vicarage Road.
  • Sky Sports understands that Watford are closing in on as many as eight signings, with Marco Cassetti, Joel Ekstrand, Ikechi Anya, Daniel Pudil, Almen Abdi, Gabriele Angella, Marco Davide Faraoni and Jaime Romero believed to be the players heading into Vicarage Road.

Some good old fashioned English sounding names there...
  • Most of them played last season.
  • Most of them played last season.

I think they'll be permanent signings this time.

What would Katie Hopkins say?

What would Katie Hopkins say?
    More to the point, what would she say about Troy Deeney!
  • Marco Cassetti, gave the pen away in the playoff final. Hmmmm
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013
    Last night I did a bit of homework and went through the "transfers" page on the BBC website. Since 1st June these have been the signings from Championship clubs:

Wigan 5
    Bham 4
    Forest 4
    H'field 4
    Bolton 4
    Blackburn 3
    Ipswich 3
    Leeds 3
    Burnley 3
    Barnsley 3
    Millwall 3
    M'boro 2
    Watford 2
    Reading 2
    QPR 1
    S Wed 1
    B'mouth 1
    Derby 1
    CAFC 1
  • edited July 2013
    Oldham Athletic have signed Charlie MacDonald who is a free agent after seeing out his contract at Orient at the end of last season.
  • Last night I did a bit of homework and went through the "transfers" page on the BBC website. Since 1st June these have been the signings from Championship clubs:

Wigan 5
    Bham 4
    Forest 4
    H'field 4
    Bolton 4
    Blackburn 3
    Ipswich 3
    Leeds 3
    Burnley 3
    Barnsley 3
    Millwall 3
    M'boro 2
    Watford 2
    Reading 2
    QPR 1
    S Wed 1
    B'mouth 1
    Derby 1
    CAFC 1

Alphabetically we should be 4th from bottom, you've just made it look worse :-P
  • There's 2 problems with that list:

1. There's only 19 teams listed, meaning there are 5 teams on zero who should below us.
    2. You have us last of the teams on 1 signing, just so we appear bottom, how clever.

So if we made 2 signings on Monday (say Wood and AN Other), we could be as high as 6th in your little table, and what would that mean? I'll tell you what it would mean, exactly the same as your table above, sweet FA.
  • Not a rumour, as I just made it up, but Higdon is still on a free. SPL player of the year and top scorer, probably on a low wage. He's not a world beater but at the level we're at there's a chance he's the kind of late bloomer that could do a top job.
  • There's 2 problems with that list:

1. There's only 19 teams listed, meaning there are 5 teams on zero who should below us.
    2. You have us last of the teams on 1 signing, just so we appear bottom, how clever.

So if we made 2 signings on Monday (say Wood and AN Other), we could be as high as 6th in your little table, and what would that mean? I'll tell you what it would mean, exactly the same as your table above, sweet FA.

Good spot on the only 19 teams. I didny notice that.

If we sign 5 players this PM and go "top" the signings will lack quality/be panic buys/wrong positions/mean we are selling anyone in the same position/blocking progress of our kids.

Personally I'm not panicing but at the same time I do believe the collapse of the latest takeover his meant that Powell has had to look at his B list options.

I think that there is very little money to spend, especially while Dale and the two Danny's are still not sold.

It's not good but the TV money will arrive mid-august.

Meanwhile Powell and Chapple will find the right people even if we've never heard of them or they are "underwhelming".
  • what a waste of an evening
  • edited July 2013
    Firstly, its not a table, just a list of teams and their signings, with the highest at the top. If you notice, none are in alphabetical order and I simply put us at the bottom to compare us to the other teams.

Some of you really think I'm that negative - I'm not !! Just simply stating other teams acquisitions compared to ours. I have no idea what the other 23 teams need by way of players, but I have a pretty good guess that no other team will be starting tomorrow's 1st pre-season games with just 1 recognised striker.
  • edited July 2013

but I have a pretty good guess that no other team will be starting tomorrow's 1st pre-season games with just 1 recognised senior striker.

even on here I doubt anyone can disagree with that ;-)

(I added senior because I believe that is what you meant)

• So you have no idea what other teams need, but you'd still guess they all have more than 1 recognised striker. Certainly sounds negative thinking. Plus we have at least 2 recognised strikers. If we'd signed a young striker from L1 then you'd say we have 2 strikers, surely that's exactly what Smith is? A young striker who played in L1 last year. He's played 22 cames on loan at various L1 and L2 clubs (no stats on starts v sub appearances), scoring 8 goals.

I'd agree we only have 1 recognised senior striker, but that's not what you said or meant.

Everybody knows we need players in, we have 5 weeks til the start of the season and 9 weeks until the transfer windows shuts, and even after that loans can come in.

I think my rant yesterday covered my feelings on the continued waste of space that these "I'm worried" posts are, and I could the continual harping on about the need for more bodies in exactly the same way. We all agree, we all agreed the first time somebody said, after the 1000th I'm just sick of the same flatulent noise clogging up the actual info in every thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!