Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Scoham said:

Seabourne was a centre back that could cover at left back. Not the type of player we need.

Part of the reason we've done well in the last couple of years is down to having very good and mobile full backs. It's a more important position than its sometimes made out to be.

Replace Solly and Wiggins with solid but limited attacking players like Seabourne, Basey, Borrowdale etc and I doubt we'd have won League 1 or done so well last season.

Agreed. Remember Morrison can "fill in" at right back and he was pretty pants there at Stevenage
  • RedPanda said:

Seabourne had some decent games like at Bristol City and Burnley, but he needs the people around him playing well. His side may have been targeted a bit more as well since Solly is so solid. Alright player but League One standard I think.

Disagree with solly comment, solly was targeted numereous times by teams last year mainly because of his height. He proved he was quality but teams certaintly did not stay away from his side.
  • Grant Holt gone Wigan
  • West Ham Italy ‏@martelliditalia 6
    BREAKING NEWS: Cavani spotted at Millwall! Wait......Sorry Caravan, a caravan has been spotted at #Millwall.
  • had the same mate rumour said "Gold seen at New Den" and i thought he wouldnt leave WetSpam for Nillwall then i re-read it " goldfish seen at Millwall" .
  • Some very strong teams in the championship. Getting out of it has always been difficult but these days without investment and or luck (Palace) it's getting harder. We are a long way off I'm sorry to say.

I agree. I watched every home game last season and have to say that apart from the last few, we were pretty poor. Which leads me to believe that luck played a big part in all those away wins - luck that isn't likely to be replicated. We've shed half-a-dozen seniors who probably won't be replaced. Compared to many clubs, we've been very fortunate with injuries these past few seasons. Just imagine if Kermo and Solly get seriously crocked a few games into the season - where on earth do we go from there?

What a load of rubbish. We lost at home because we're poor and we won away because we're lucky? There are a million reasons why teams can play better away from home or vice versa and it doesn't mean we were lucky...
  • Some very strong teams in the championship. Getting out of it has always been difficult but these days without investment and or luck (Palace) it's getting harder. We are a long way off I'm sorry to say.

I agree. I watched every home game last season and have to say that apart from the last few, we were pretty poor. Which leads me to believe that luck played a big part in all those away wins - luck that isn't likely to be replicated. We've shed half-a-dozen seniors who probably won't be replaced. Compared to many clubs, we've been very fortunate with injuries these past few seasons. Just imagine if Kermo and Solly get seriously crocked a few games into the season - where on earth do we go from there?

You're right luck is not ever likely to replicate. So why were our away performances consistently good over the course of an entire season?

You're right luck is not ever likely to replicate. So why were our away performances consistently good over the course of an entire season?
    Good defence and ability to score a goal when the onus is on the opposition to push on. We struggled at home because our midfield was / is not creative enough to break down teams when they want to sit back and / or flood midfield.

• I've always thought Charlton and lucky often appear in the same sentence.

Lucky to win play-off final, lucky to be promoted to the PL, lucky to stay there so long, lucky to get two relegations and then lucky to win the league with 100 points.

We should change our name to Charlton lucky Athletic.
  • edited July 2013
    cs1986 said:

RedPanda said:

Seabourne had some decent games like at Bristol City and Burnley, but he needs the people around him playing well. His side may have been targeted a bit more as well since Solly is so solid. Alright player but League One standard I think.

Disagree with solly comment, solly was targeted numereous times by teams last year mainly because of his height. He proved he was quality but teams certaintly did not stay away from his side.
    Yeah not stay away as such, but it would make sense to target the side where there's a new player who's slower and less sure of foot. That creates extra pressure and I'm not sure Seabiscuit is the best mentally either. I dunno, I'm not the most perceptive when it comes to tactics etc.

Charlton and lucky, haha.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Yes, Chris indicates what he would wish for, but also that he is prepared to work with what he has. Good for him, not looking to quit because nobody is giving him shedloads of dosh to fritter away. How would Pardew/Rednapp et al cope under similar circumstances?

I think Rednapp did ok for Bournemouth with little money
  • Just checking...does anyone actually understand the concept of a rumours thread???

;-)
  • TelMc32 said:

Just checking...does anyone actually understand the concept of a rumours thread???

;-)

Indeed. Here's one - Baldock been left out of BCFC's opening pre season games...apparently. And he's not injured.
  • TelMc32 said:

Just checking...does anyone actually understand the concept of a rumours thread???

;-)

No.
  • Valley11 said:

TelMc32 said:

;-)

Indeed. Here's one - Baldock been left out of BCFC's opening pre season games...apparently. And he's not injured.
    Yep...saw that one on the Wag(g)staff thread! :)
  • I'm saying nothing
  • Where have Donny got their money from. Have offered 850k for Billy Sharp.

Great signing if they get him, would love him to come to us.
  • we have to buy the pot first.........
  • Watching Canada vs Martinique (gold cup) no Jackson?
    Canada playing Marcus Haber (Stevenage FC) and Tosaint Ricketts (?) up front. Hmmmm
  • Sponsored links:

Donny have a very rich and committed owner. When Sharp was there before he averaged about a goal every two games. Used right, he is a terrific striker
  • According to the Mail, Charlton are in talks to sign free agent Michael Higdon
  • According to the Mail, Charlton are in talks to sign free agent Michael Higdon

who is he?

Another Daily Mail story....i wonder if it's bollocks?

• edited July 2013

According to the Mail, Charlton are in talks to sign free agent Michael Higdon

another surprise choice .. never heard of him until now t b h .. left Mothrwell and is having talks also with Hibs and Barnsley .. his wiki entry says he is 'renowned for his physical ability and hard shot' .. his overall scoring record is not great but last few seasons he did well it seems ... he's another 'graduate' from the Crewe/Dario Gradi school of science.
    Incidentally, Mark Hateleys' son has also been let go by Motherwell .. from his photo he is a spittin image of the old man

who is he?

Scottish player of the year, striker, out of contract at Motherwell. 29 years old.

• Top scorer in the scottish prem last year for motherwell who came second. Big tall powerful striker. Prob the yann back up alternative. If we got him we would then need 2 nippy strikers (obika and jackson?).

I made this up two pages back, I should have put FACT on it and pretended I knew what I was on about. Would be a gamble but a good one, but suspect the mail have taken a leaf out of my book and invented it.

I made this up two pages back, I should have put FACT on it and pretended I knew what I was on about. Would be a gamble but a good one, but suspect the mail have taken a leaf out of my book and invented it.
    agent propaganda ... F A C T
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!