Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Hard to know whether powell is doing his usual "same budget as Rochdale" speak or telling the truth
  • Redhenry said:

I was told this about three weeks ago and did put on here once it was out there. I'd be happy with Macheda as a Championship striker, ticks all the boxes for me.

Would love to see him at The Valley but he's not proven enough to be our 12k a week most expensive player on the books.

Who would you rather have Hulse on 8k or Macheda on 12k?
  • There's no way Hulse will cost 8k a week. Not a chance.
  • edited July 2013
    Macheda worries me but you could say the same about Kerm before he signed. Total faith in Powell.
  • I would not have hulse he is past it and i never liked him when we had him on loan in fact we where better with out him i fill
  • I never said Hulse was coming. It was a comparison between Hulse from last season and having Macheda next season
  • O right sorry I missed understood you sorry
    Redhenry said:

I never said Hulse was coming. It was a comparison between Hulse from last season and having Macheda next season

• http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/10531564._/

Addicks chief keen to get Spurs striker deal done

Some telling quotes in there from Powell - he is clearly frustrated by lack of recruitment. "Show me and show others what you can do ... You could argue that Joe Piggot has done that today" doesn't sound entirely convincing.

• Welling would welcome the chance of getting Joe Pigott on loan later on this season.
  • “I want it to happen sooner rather than later and I’m certain that we’ll get there in terms of adding players to the squad because I want to build on what we did last year and that is the only way forward.

“But if that doesn’t happen then I have got to make sure that the players that I have got are right and I have said to them just go out there and give it your best shot.

That last sentence doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that SCP is getting much support.
  • Sponsored links:

• “I want it to happen sooner rather than later and I’m certain that we’ll get there in terms of adding players to the squad because I want to build on what we did last year and that is the only way forward.

“But if that doesn’t happen then I have got to make sure that the players that I have got are right and I have said to them just go out there and give it your best shot.

That last sentence doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that SCP is getting much support.

As suspected, for the club to have any chance of progression then it needs new owners/investment sharpish.

• Yes, Chris indicates what he would wish for, but also that he is prepared to work with what he has. Good for him, not looking to quit because nobody is giving him shedloads of dosh to fritter away. How would Pardew/Rednapp et al cope under similar circumstances?
  • The line about 'spending cash that we haven't got' says it all, really!
  • Has anyone mentioned the possibility of getting that lad dan seabourne who was on loan for a few games last season, hes been released from southampton and thought he would he alright as cover, did well when i saw him at left back away at bristol city after a shaky first 5 minutes
  • Has anyone mentioned the possibility of getting that lad dan seabourne who was on loan for a few games last season, hes been released from southampton and thought he would he alright as cover, did well when i saw him at left back away at bristol city after a shaky first 5 minutes

It seems that Evina is still at the club in some capacity - maybe training with us while he finds a permanent move - I'd rather use him if Rhoys Wiggins is injured.

• AdamAddick, you clearly didn't attend the Ipswich home game. Seabourne had the worst 90 minutes I've seen by a player ever
  • Seabourne was OK but he's not what you want from a left back in a Chris Powell team, i.e. he doesn't get forward. Evina is a good option but how long will he be happy as second choice?
  • I'd like Evina to stay. Would be a sad loss IMHO

• I liked Seaborne in the games I saw and before you ask Leuth I did not attend the Ipswich game,but this has an interesting twist.

Guess where Seabourne is on trial and who he played for yesterday?

Ironically the answer is Ipswich.
  • Was not a fan of Seabourne. Didn't think he looked agile enough for LB and at times looked like he was not comfortable at LB, like it was a new position for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seaborne was terrible that day vs Ipswich. Was more of a donkey than Llera
  • Seaborne was f*cking awful
  • If there is some kind of issue with Rhoys, then personally I would be pleased if all involved are prepared to take steps to keep Evina onboard.
  • I have complete faith that SCP will never ever again pick Dan Seabourne in any team he manages

• Seabourne had some decent games like at Bristol City and Burnley, but he needs the people around him playing well. His side may have been targeted a bit more as well since Solly is so solid. Alright player but League One standard I think.
  • Wigan are doing good business. Fee agreed with Norwich for Grant Holt.
  • Seabourne was a centre back that could cover at left back. Not the type of player we need.

Part of the reason we've done well in the last couple of years is down to having very good and mobile full backs. It's a more important position than its sometimes made out to be.

Replace Solly and Wiggins with solid but limited attacking players like Seabourne, Basey, Borrowdale etc and I doubt we'd have won League 1 or done so well last season.
  • Some very strong teams in the championship. Getting out of it has always been difficult but these days without investment and or luck (Palace) it's getting harder. We are a long way off I'm sorry to say.
  • Some very strong teams in the championship. Getting out of it has always been difficult but these days without investment and or luck (Palace) it's getting harder. We are a long way off I'm sorry to say.

I agree. I watched every home game last season and have to say that apart from the last few, we were pretty poor. Which leads me to believe that luck played a big part in all those away wins - luck that isn't likely to be replicated. We've shed half-a-dozen seniors who probably won't be replaced. Compared to many clubs, we've been very fortunate with injuries these past few seasons. Just imagine if Kermo and Solly get seriously crocked a few games into the season - where on earth do we go from there?

• Scoham said:

Seabourne was a centre back that could cover at left back. Not the type of player we need.

Part of the reason we've done well in the last couple of years is down to having very good and mobile full backs. It's a more important position than its sometimes made out to be.

Replace Solly and Wiggins with solid but limited attacking players like Seabourne, Basey, Borrowdale etc and I doubt we'd have won League 1 or done so well last season.

Spot on
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!