Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Sky saying at lunch time that a couple of Italian clubs are in for Macheda, can't see him coming to us!
  • Wednesday have signed Jeremy Helan beating off a host of clubs, - good signing.

Your fans' views on him were very mixed throughout last season, I expect many were hoping for better.
  • Don't want Macheda personally.
  • Wednesday have signed Jeremy Helan beating off a host of clubs, - good signing.

Just what's expected from someone named Jeremy.

• edited July 2013
    Tom Ince has turned down Cardiff having opted to stay close to his new born child in Blackpool.
  • edited July 2013
    cafc-west said:

In the absence of a decent rumour! The wednesday one, above, isn't (a) a rumour or (b) anything we care about.
    So the latest on FR:
    11 Jul 2013 14:37:53
    charlton still have work to do
    richard wood to finalise things after spain trip
    2 strikers are needed as kermorgant is the only proven striker
    jon obika is 90% in it just needs finalising
    the other striker has caused debate as we have a few people who are rumoured to it but not quite solid yet
    cedric evina I think will stay because I think his agent is just stirring some stuff
    maybe a winger aswell and danny green out on loan and that should be the summer wrapped up
    From someone on here?

defo acworth material. All guess work.
  • Jay Bothroyd has the choice to join us if he wants to.

Really? I'd have him back.

Please, nobody bite
  • Thats from SKY - His agent
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting.
  • I wonder how many people will now misspell his name as Boothroyd...
  • Not saying he's signing, he has offers from us, Millwall, Burnley and i think Doncaster.
  • Can get Charlton at 25/1 on Bothroyd's next club which is very tempting given that information.

May be just my bias but I'm sure we look the most attractive prospect out of those teams.
  • edited July 2013
    Might be others, was talking about Champ clubs.
  • Doncaster seem to have stumbled across some money recently. He must have played with Powell at Charlton?
  • Bothroyd's career stats aren't too bad: 94 goals in 399 apps. He is 6-ft 3-ins.
  • not on the wages he'd want ta
  • Doncaster seem to have stumbled across some money recently. He must have played with Powell at Charlton?

Doncaster Rovers could be set for a welcome influx of funds, with Sky sources revealing that an Irish consortium are looking to invest in the Championship side.

And the consortium could be willing to plough as much as £20m into Rovers, which would give boss Paul Dickov the opportunity to strengthen his squad.

Former Oldham boss Dickov is about to begin his first campaign in charge at the Keepmoat Stadium, having been hired in May when Brian Flynn moved into a director of football role.
  • i read earlier that Doncaster are after shay given, stephen ireland and a load of other prem standard players
  • Sponsored links:

• Bothroyd could be good back up in the Championship, but he was shit backup in the PL. We don't need a left footed free kick taker nowadays though.
  • Heard that

Don't want Macheda personally.

Powell does FACT

• Why didn't Macheda score in any of the 6 games he played on loan at QPR? Or in any of the 18 at Stuttgart? Alarm bells ring for me.
  • Why didn't Macheda score in any of the 6 games he played on loan at QPR? Or in any of the 18 at Stuttgart? Alarm bells ring for me.

All better quality leagues though the level he has played at you would presume he has the ability to do it at our level
  • Macheda would be a very good signing and with a point to prove. If he doesn't start cutting it soon his career prospects will start to disappear. Championship level might just be what he needs to get his mojo back.
  • Lived off one goal against Villa how many years ago?!

Will probably sign though
  • Can't see Macheda coming here, his wage demands will be huge.

Why! Hardly pulled up any trees. However, is he still under contract at Manure? Suppose they will pay a lot of his wages if so.

Not if Man Utd pick up the lions share. That's the sticking point at the moment. How much will Utd pay.

• Don't want Bothroyd personally.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!