Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Is Mecheda this years Baldock ??? A load of chat that turns into nothing.......
  • Bothrod & Macheda could only be cover for Yann, and we have Smith & Pigott. We need two nippy strikers.
  • WSS said:

Lived off one goal against Villa how many years ago?!

Will probably sign though

I think it was two goals. Was the next big thing and disappeared for a few years. How many times have we seen that happen?
  • WSS said:

Lived off one goal against Villa how many years ago?!

Will probably sign though

I think it was two goals. Was the next big thing and disappeared for a few years. How many times have we seen that happen?
    Not released by Alex Ferguson so there must be something Man Utd see in him that is worth persevering with. I personally think that he's a bit out of our reach but I think Charlton with SCP at the helm could be just what the player needs to get back on track.
  • He has suffered with injuries in his last two loans, he's got more than enough quality for the Champ.
  • Aaaron McLean mentioned as interesting us in the Sun.
  • Just the same recycled rumours at the moment
  • McLean wouldn't be a bad signing. Lost his way at Hull but a decent striker in there. However, not better than Haynes in my opinion so why let Haynes go? And before someone says it yes is only a rumour.
  • I think Haynes injury record was the reason he was released.
  • I think Haynes injury record was the reason he was released.

This.

Would people be happy if we had kept him and could afford to bring in 1 other striker knowing that you can barely get half a season out of DH, or spend the wage money on 2 strikers with one perhaps not as good as DH but available for all/most of the season so actually providing cover?
  • Sponsored links:

• McLean wouldn't be a bad signing. Lost his way at Hull but a decent striker in there. However, not better than Haynes in my opinion so why let Haynes go? And before someone says it yes is only a rumour.

That's Danny "I can't play more than a handful of games without getting injured" Haynes & you're asking why ?

Ridiculous question.

That's Danny "I can't play more than a handful of games without getting injured" Haynes & you're asking why ?

Ridiculous question.
    And the fact Haynes could only get a league 1 contract...
  • Aaron mclean would be a great signing at this level. Can't see it though
  • Mclean ??? have you seen his goal scoring record !! pants.........
  • He was a dangerous player at Peterborough 67 goals in 148 games. But had a bad time at hull.
  • Yes, but most of the goals he scored at P'boro were in Leagues 1 & 2............only scored 9 in 76 games in the Championship for Hull. We've signed players like him before & never worked out.

and he is now 30 & passed his best.
  • edited July 2013

Yes, but most of the goals he scored at P'boro were in Leagues 1 & 2............only scored 9 in 76 games in the Championship for Hull. We've signed players like him before & never worked out.

Wouldn't say passed his best at 30, but tbh would prefer a hungry younger player with something to prove. At the moment any striker addition looking appealing... Thats a joke (kinda) before i get abuse.
  • Madz said:

He was a dangerous player at Peterborough 67 goals in 148 games. But had a bad time at hull.

Sounds like a good Powell project really. Used those famous man management skills to turn a Leicester reject into a lethal Champ striker, whose to say he can't do the same for a Hull reject too?
  • 30 and past his best?. Don't let Yann hear that!.
  • 30 and past his best?. Don't let Yann hear that!.

Or Jackson or Gower or Hughes or Cort

• Sponsored links:

• cs1986 said:

McLean wouldn't be a bad signing. Lost his way at Hull but a decent striker in there. However, not better than Haynes in my opinion so why let Haynes go? And before someone says it yes is only a rumour.

Ridiculous question.
    Yes but 1 yr at Championship level on say 5k pw or 2 years at League 1 level on say 4k pw what would you do?

I'm not saying that letting him go will be a mistake because we don't know as yet who, if anyone, is coming in but if we end up with say Lita and McLean then I'd have preferred taking a chance on Haynes.

• cs1986 said:

McLean wouldn't be a bad signing. Lost his way at Hull but a decent striker in there. However, not better than Haynes in my opinion so why let Haynes go? And before someone says it yes is only a rumour.

Ridiculous question.
    Yes but 1 yr at Championship level on say 5k pw or 2 years at League 1 level on say 4k pw what would you do?

I'm not saying that letting him go will be a mistake because we don't know as yet who, if anyone, is coming in but if we end up with say Lita and McLean then I'd have preferred taking a chance on Haynes.

I have to disagree that it would be 'taking a chance' on Haynes. It is as close to a sure thing as you can get in football that he would spend some considerable amount of time injured, it has happened far too often to be chance or coincidence, at multiple clubs he's played for. He's talented, no question, and is intelligent enough to use his terrifying pace to good advantage. But he just won't be available all the time. Sign Haynes up again and you'd STILL need to sign a Lita/Mclean/A.N. Other to cover for inevitable injury.
  • Yes, but most of the goals he scored at P'boro were in Leagues 1 & 2............only scored 9 in 76 games in the Championship for Hull. We've signed players like him before & never worked out.

You really don't have a clue, do you Golfie?
  • Queens Park Rangers are leading the race to sign former Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne, Sky Sports understands.

Dunne is a free agent after being released by Villa earlier this summer following an injury-ravaged season last term.
  • 13 Jul 2013 09:01:35
    Charlton are getting thorgan hazard on a season long loan from Chelsea.
  • Mclean ??? have you seen his goal scoring record !! pants.........

We were right to release Haynes but I don't think Mclean is the answer either. Not the player he was and looks like he's put on a bit of weight too. Although he has been playing for poor teams...
  • Haynes was probably the highest paid player on a per game basis, so that's why he and Fuller were let go first...
  • Better than Eden but only 5ft 9 so clearly a no from CL.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!