Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• I scored 27 goals last season powelly. If you're looking for a nippy striker to play off the beast and you cant do any better give randy a call
  • edited July 2013
  • Richard Dunne sign 1 yr contract for QPR.
  • I sense a touch of the green eyed monster here.

Chaplow on a free..... Quality signing.

We needed fresh ideas from the management, not a major squad overhaul.

• what some people seem to miss is that there are players out there that are being signed up by our rivals - where we are sitting twiddling our thumbs. You may not rate Easter or Morrison, but they would be better than what we have at the moment, which is nothing. saying there is still 6 weeks of the transfer window left is useless if;

a) the season starts in 3 weeks
    b) come mid august there is no strikers around to sign.

So we should just sign up any old sod that claims to be a striker? I don't think either Morison or Easter would improve our team very much. I'd much rather we wait and sign someone useful (like we did with Yann in September or Fuller at the end of August) than sign players who simply aren't good enough to take us to the next level. Easter is an also-ran. I'd rather us throw Smith, Azeez and Pigott in, at least they'd have a chance of improving off the back of the experience.
  • what some people seem to miss is that there are players out there that are being signed up by our rivals - where we are sitting twiddling our thumbs. You may not rate Easter or Morrison, but they would be better than what we have at the moment, which is nothing. saying there is still 6 weeks of the transfer window left is useless if;

So we should just sign up any old sod that claims to be a striker? I don't think either Morison or Easter would improve our team very much. I'd much rather we wait and sign someone useful (like we did with Yann in September or Fuller at the end of August) than sign players who simply aren't good enough to take us to the next level. Easter is an also-ran. I'd rather us throw Smith, Azeez and Pigott in, at least they'd have a chance of improving off the back of the experience.
    Rob Hulse would improve your current squad!!

Morison is a very good striker, just didn't want to play for Leeds
  • Bolton to sign Jermaine Beckford
  • edited July 2013

Bolton to sign Jermaine Beckford

Hopefully they will now let Sordell join us.

• Bolton to sign Jermaine Beckford

He's turning into the new Marcus Bent
  • JMP said:

I sense a touch of the green eyed monster here.

It's hard not to be when we've signed noone.

We will sign strikers people so relax. They may be not be great, the longer this goes on, but we will sign some.
  • Sponsored links:

• JMP said:

We will sign strikers people so relax. They may be not be great, the longer this goes on, but we will sign some.
    We've signed Noone? Good player.
  • JMP said:

Hope they are really shit...
  • JMP said:

We've signed Noone? Good player.

LOL stop it now!

don't want Jermaine or Clinton ;) If we signed just anyone to make up numbers, you would be on here slating Powell for panic buying. Plenty of time left
  • Don't Panic!
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BIGSTEMARRA PANNNNNIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC

jesus wept folks
  • All these new comments I thought we'd joined a bidding war for Fabregas

I leave disappointed
  • Yoos da yoof
  • You're right, NLA. Staying calm is no fun.

*runs in circles screaming*

Much better!
  • 15 Jul 2013 13:54:29
    Charlton to sign Derbys' out-of-favour striker Theo Robinson for an 'undisclosed fee', subject to medical at weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• All these new comments I thought we'd joined a bidding war for Fabregas

I leave disappointed

Fab wouldn't get a look in, anyway it's strikers we need not more midfielders, another day goes by and we're not even linked with Suarez, Rooney or Cavani, I thought the board had ambition.

• Essex_Al said:

15 Jul 2013 13:54:29
    Charlton to sign Derbys' out-of-favour striker Theo Robinson for an 'undisclosed fee', subject to medical at weekend.

I like Robinson .. been around a few clubs, yet to find a home .. Powell could sort him out .. he's quick and talented .. IF this is true it's good news
  • This takeover is taking its time, its gotta be completed in the next week surely.
  • Theo Robinson

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2006–2009 Watford 2 (0)
    2007 → Wealdstone (loan) 10 (13)
    2007–2008 → Hereford United (loan) 43 (13)
    2009 → Southend United (loan) 21 (7)
    2009–2011 Huddersfield Town 45 (16)
    2010 → Millwall (loan) 7 (2)
    2011 Millwall 4 (1)
    2011 → Derby County (loan) 13 (2)
    2011– Derby County 67 (18)
    2013 → Huddersfield Town (loan) 6 (0)
    National team‡
    2013– Jamaica 5 (0)
  • Can't see this Robinson left Millwall because he needed to move north.
  • Crystal Palace set to sign Jose Campana from Sevilla

Crystal Palace are to sign Spain Under-20s international Jose Campana from Sevilla, according to the Spanish club's president.
    Jose Maria del Nido said the clubs had agreed a £1.75m fee for the midfielder after he turned down a new contract.
    "He wanted to leave and we accepted that," Del Nido told Sevilla's website.
    "An agreement has been reached with Crystal Palace for two million euros, plus add ons and a percentage of a future transfer.
    "It seems likely that he'll sign today and will travel to the UK tomorrow to have his medical."
    Campana, 20, has made 20 appearances for Sevilla and was part of the Spain squad that reached this summer's Under-20s World Cup quarter-finals.
    Del Nido added: "Campana was going to be a star and unfortunately it hasn't worked out here. We've done everything possible to make it happen.
    "We want Campana to do well at Crystal Palace because he's one of our products. Hopefully he succeeds in England."
    Premier League new boys Palace have also signed winger Jerome Thomas and striker Dwight Gayle this summer, while Stephen Dobbie joined the club permanently following a successful loan sp
  • Essex_Al said:

15 Jul 2013 13:54:29

I like Robinson .. been around a few clubs, yet to find a home .. Powell could sort him out .. he's quick and talented .. IF this is true it's good news
    he wants to be up north. Was terrible when I saw him for Hudds last season anyway. Ran around and thats about it, Azeez could do that.
  • Theo Robinson

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2006–2009 Watford 2 (0)
    2007 → Wealdstone (loan) 10 (13)
    2007–2008 → Hereford United (loan) 43 (13)
    2009 → Southend United (loan) 21 (7)
    2009–2011 Huddersfield Town 45 (16)
    2010 → Millwall (loan) 7 (2)
    2011 Millwall 4 (1)
    2011 → Derby County (loan) 13 (2)
    2011– Derby County 67 (18)
    2013 → Huddersfield Town (loan) 6 (0)
    National team‡
    2013– Jamaica 5 (0)

Excluding Wealdstone, I make that 59 goals in 208 apps. Not too bad, I suppose, but I really think we should be aiming for someone with at least I in 3. How tall is he?

• Cawley saying CP wants to sign Wood
  • Cawley saying CP wants to sign Wood

Also confirmed an update on Obika is in the paper this week
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!