Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Roobinson, Obika, Wood and Gower would all be good additions and we probably don't need any more than that. Possibly a left back and right winger.
  • Robinson is 5-ft 11-ins. Known affectionately as "Deadly Theo" at Derby.
  • I saw a few days ago that Robinson had been told by Derby that he could go and thought that he would be a realistic replacement for Haynes, however I think Haynes is a better player and Robinson is also fairly injury prone I think.
  • Robinson won't come back to London.
  • Robinson won't come back to London.

possibly .. as I have expressed before, players need to earn a good salary to make living in London worthwhile .. 'up north' £100,000 a year gets you a mansion, in London, a nice semi in Bromley
  • Robinson has been at Millsmall? Well that puts me off but his goal stats at Derby are ok? Not sure....

• Les be positive,Obika signs and we have the same first team as ended so strongly last season.Green and Hollands come on,both still young enough to progress. Piggott looks handy,maybe one more striker and we're good to go.
  • Southbank said:

Les be positive,Obika signs and we have the same first team as ended so strongly last season.Green and Hollands come on,both still young enough to progress. Piggott looks handy,maybe one more striker and we're good to go.

This x10.

Naturally it would be nice to have some depth in the squad, but on the face of it we aren't in dire need of anything other than a striker.
  • LuckyReds said:

Southbank said:

Les be positive,Obika signs and we have the same first team as ended so strongly last season.Green and Hollands come on,both still young enough to progress. Piggott looks handy,maybe one more striker and we're good to go.

This x10.

Naturally it would be nice to have some depth in the squad, but on the face of it we aren't in dire need of anything other than a striker.
    A striker? I can confidently say that that come 31st August if we have only signed a striker, just one, then we are seriously up shit creek without the proverbial paddle.

I very much doubt this will happen but those that say we only really need a striker are deluded.
  • LuckyReds said:

Southbank said:

This x10.

A striker? I can confidently say that that come 31st August if we have only signed a striker, just one, then we are seriously up shit creek without the proverbial paddle.

I very much doubt this will happen but those that say we only really need a striker are deluded.
    I have to agree with Large on this. We have been extraordinarily lucky with avoiding too many serious injuries over the last few years. Sorry to raise the ghastly spectre again, but let's say Kermorgant and A.N. Other both get clobbered in September. What on earth do we do then?

• Sponsored links:

• I may get shot down for this but I really don't think obika is what people make him out to be, I see him more as an impact player rather than a starting player.

We have to be looking at signing 2 more strikers at the very least, I pray to god that one of them isn't theo robinson, the guy isn't an improvement on what we had last year, might as well kept fuller and haynes.
  • I may get shot down for this but I really don't think obika is what people make him out to be, I see him more as an impact player rather than a starting player.

We have to be looking at signing 2 more strikers at the very least, I pray to god that one of them isn't theo robinson, the guy isn't an improvement on what we had last year, might as well kept fuller and haynes.

Well, you won't even get sniped at by me, let alone shot down. I harbour exactly the same reservations about Obika. The fellow came on as a late sub in a couple of games and was in the right place in the 90th minute. How on earth do we know what he's like until he plays four or five full games for us?

I bow to your better judgement about Theo Robinson; I don't know anything about him beyond his stats, which are not brilliant. If we are going to stand the remotest chance of making the play-offs, we need someone who has bagged at least one every three games, consistently. Can Pigott do it, so early in his career? I have ma doots, as the Scotsman said. I have ma doots.

• edited July 2013
    Don't see what all the fuss is about Obika either, would be hugely disappointed if he's all we manage to sign
  • That updated prospective transfer list in full with just three weeks to go to season kicks -off:

Jimmy Noone
    Simeon Gonabroad
    Theo Notwalcott
    Danny Dontexist
    Lee Millwall
    Road Hazard

Err..that's it.
  • I love those down playing the scum signings , when if we'd signed em the same punters would be wanking themselves off from the rooftops about how great they are and that everything is fine down at the club and that the board are showing ambition by getting these signings in early to give SCP a chance to blend them in
    The earlier the better for new signings but if we have to wait till later on so be it .....
    SCP is an ambitious man , hopefully we can match his ambitions because it won't be too long before a better offer arrives for him and he would be fully within his rights to give it serious consideration
  • That updated prospective transfer list in full with just three weeks to go to season kicks -off:

Jimmy Noone
    Simeon Gonabroad
    Theo Notwalcott
    Danny Dontexist
    Lee Millwall
    Road Hazard

Err..that's it.

You forgot Machiavelli-eda

I would say that at a stretch we will sign Wood and maybe 2 other strikers and that will be it. I think the emphasis will be bringing on the youth this year to plug the gaps in the squad. I think the money situation plays a large part in this but I also think this is part of the long term strategy of the club. They haven't made significant investment in the academy for nothing.

With a couple of striking options I think the first 11 looks good (pretty much the same that finished so well last season) but it is how the rest of the squad steps up when injuries occur that will be the interesting point.
  • I'm sure Powell recently said he wants 4 or 5 signings.
  • im sure CP does want 4/5 signings and im sure he had in his mind who he wanted when he let Fuller and Haynes go -but----that doesnt mean he has been given the dosh to get who he wants.

Obika not sure about him at all, but at the moment he would be seen as a good signing----not desperate---but getting there.

Shopping later we might pick up a few good bargines but its not the way we would choose to do our business.

• SCP is an ambitious man , hopefully we can match his ambitions because it won't be too long before a better offer arrives for him and he would be fully within his rights to give it serious consideration

this is the worry

• Sponsored links:

• On the invite to the CAFC Club day it specifically says you get a chance to meet the new signings so I would think they would have hoped to get more done by now
  • Forest reportedly signing Jack Hobbs from Hull
  • Swisdom said:

On the invite to the CAFC Club day it specifically says you get a chance to meet the new signings so I would think they would have hoped to get more done by now

I would assume Wood will be signed imminently

• edited July 2013

I have to agree with Large on this. We have been extraordinarily lucky with avoiding too many serious injuries over the last few years. Sorry to raise the ghastly spectre again, but let's say Kermorgant and A.N. Other both get clobbered in September. What on earth do we do then?

Use the loan window? That is exactly what it's for.

• We all know that whenever a charlton manager states how many signings he wants, you have to divide by 2 to get the actual number of signings we will make.
  • SLP saying Swindon are also in for Obika.
  • Richard J said:

SLP saying Swindon are also in for Obika.

The fact that he's been here on loan would put us firm favourites. Can Swindon offer significantly more wages that we can?
  • He's been at Swindon on loan as well in the past I'm pretty sure.
  • Richard J said:

SLP saying Swindon are also in for Obika.

The fact that he's been here on loan would put us firm favourites. Can Swindon offer significantly more wages that we can?

NO - but they can offer him wages, which at present we cant.

• Plus we are in a higher league than Swindon
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!