Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• se9addick said:

I wish people would man up what will be will be were going to wemberleee (alright far fetched) but bloody hell some of you are pussies would you rather CAFC in the 3rd division or not at all if you had to pick one

no one on here knows what is going on behind the scenes, I have heard snippets all insinuate work is going on but FFP and the fact we are up for sale mean we cut cloth accordingly

No we aint seen piggot in a league match he may be mustard and take to it like a duck to water

but all the time we have

Hamer
    Solly
    Jacko
    Yann
    Pritchard
    Morrison
    Wiggins

things cant be too shitty or they wouldve gone

how do you lot sleep at night being so scared think of your children they don't want pussies for a father

I think you might be confusing people's desire for the club to replace departing players, improve themselves and generally have more than one senior striker with their emotional ability to handle it if that doesn't happen.
    The trouble is, people want it both ways.

On one hand they moan about the financial basket case football has become, worry about the debts Charlton carry and the accumulation of yearly losses, yet at the same time want the club to spend money it clearly doesn't have in order to be competitive at minimum, progressive at best.

Gawd knows what it should be, but i'm pretty sure we have one very frustrated manager for the second summer going.

Good post
  • We all have that desire se9, but it's the way that a large number of people express that desire, that comes across as NLA describes.

If we have any sense with our personal finances, we cut our cloth accordingly. Why do we ignore that sense when it comes to the club we support? We've been on the brink before and had to "reform" in the 80s. I'd love us to be able to spend a little now and then, but I also wouldn't want owners who splashed cash they didn't have at the expense of the club.

Like everyone else on here, I have no idea what the true picture is behind the scenes, but it certainly doesn't look like we're being profligate. Surely we want our owners to be sensible in how we are run.
  • I totally agree with not spending money we havent got. Defensively and in midfield we are in a fair position, whilst not ideal. As long as we sort out the problem up front - no team should only have one senior striker. We will just have to see where we are come bournemouth. If we are still short, one could argue that maybe we should cash in on Solly. Would you rather have Wilson at rb plus 3 decent strikers in the door, or Solly at rb plus piggot, smith and azeez with kermo?
  • Swindon's interest in Jon Obika is in SLP today. Told player wants to come to #cafc, who are still pushing for a deal with Tottenham.
  • TelMc32 said:

We all have that desire se9, but it's the way that a large number of people express that desire, that comes across as NLA describes.

If we have any sense with our personal finances, we cut our cloth accordingly. Why do we ignore that sense when it comes to the club we support? We've been on the brink before and had to "reform" in the 80s. I'd love us to be able to spend a little now and then, but I also wouldn't want owners who splashed cash they didn't have at the expense of the club.

Like everyone else on here, I have no idea what the true picture is behind the scenes, but it certainly doesn't look like we're being profligate. Surely we want our owners to be sensible in how we are run.

This is all true and the well being of our club is paramount. But you can't blame people for being concerned that we are short of some players. The owners have a difficult balancing act in making us competitive and over spending. We still have some decent players, but the problems up front cannot be ignored. It must be really getting to Powell as he said he wanted to bring 5 or 6 players in as early as possible. I am not panicking, but if its alright with NLA, I am slightly concerned. But my balls are still inflated and will remain so no matter what happens.

• Dick i want more players especially upfront all footie fans love a striker

But i dont whine on like the same posters do o

all depends how you define whining

• its what you and golfie do
  • Starting team v Bournemouth: Hamer Solly Morrison Dervite Wiggins .. Pritchard Gower Jackson Harriott .. Kermorgant, Pigott .. not too much change from the outfit that finished near the play offs last season, I would argue a slightly stronger eleven, specially in midfield than last season's strongest eleven
  • although we are all frustrated with the lack of transfer activity,im sure the current board realise,whether they want to sell or not,it is in their interest to have a successful side on the pitch.as of yet when its come to the crunch they have not really done a lot wrong. Based on the last few seasons. I personally still think things will pan out, albeit a bit slow going.hopefully in turn making the doom mongers all look like a bunch of wallys!!!!! ....again! lol
  • Sponsored links:

• ....so no new rumours then?
  • ....so no new rumours then?

there IS a rumour ... about Princess Middleton being pregnant .. but keep it to yerself
  • edited July 2013
    the current owners know full well that the strong finish last year showed them and the club in good light for investment so heres the question

A. to reach play offs at max by sticking get in loanees and freebies & promote youth and look an established building football club living within its means

B. do nothing and drop like a stone

C. Invest heavily and then fail epically by not getting playoffs sack powell show up a higher deficit and struggle even more to sell

who goes you decide

all depends how you define whining

Its not whining though, it is pointing out facts.

Think i'll start a separate thread on this as its going off beat
  • the current owners know full well that the strong finish last year showed them and the club in good light for investment so heres the question

A. to reach play offs at max by sticking get in loanees and freebies & promote youth and look an established building football club living within its means

B. do nothing and drop like a stone

C. Invest heavily and then fail epically by not getting playoffs sack powell show up a higher deficit and struggle even more to sell

who goes you decide

The rumour is if you follow C, you might end up like this Saturday's opponents...

....follow up rumour for free - Portsmouth have hit 10k season ticket sales (OK that's a FACT)
  • Starting team v Bournemouth: Hamer Solly Morrison Dervite Wiggins .. Pritchard Gower Jackson Harriott .. Kermorgant, Pigott .. not too much change from the outfit that finished near the play offs last season, I would argue a slightly stronger eleven, specially in midfield than last season's strongest eleven

Same gk, same defence, same midfield as finished last season. Much weaker strikeforce.

Cant see how it is stronger?
  • I totally agree with not spending money we havent got. Defensively and in midfield we are in a fair position, whilst not ideal. As long as we sort out the problem up front - no team should only have one senior striker. We will just have to see where we are come bournemouth. If we are still short, one could argue that maybe we should cash in on Solly. Would you rather have Wilson at rb plus 3 decent strikers in the door, or Solly at rb plus piggot, smith and azeez with kermo?

Solly at rb
  • This thread is so boring... Bring back the old Rumours Rumours
  • CAFCsayer said:

This thread is so boring... Bring back the old Rumours Rumours

• There should be one called Arguments Arguments - Transfer Window Summer 2013.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

This thread is so boring... Bring back the old Rumours Rumours

Correct!

I heard we're gonna sign Dean Gaffney to partner Kerm.
  • It's hard to believe any player would choose L1 Swindon over us, especially as Post Di Canio, they don't even have that 'X factor'.

We are clearly in the SHIT. In a couple of seasons time,should we still exist,we will be begging to be as big,or should that be as operational, as the likes of Swindon town!
    I cant see how you can see clearly in the SHIT. Yes we may be tight with money but in the SHIT?

No players have been sold
    New contracts offered and accepted
    1 Player signed another possibly soon in Woods.

Unless your comment was tongue in check and I have missed it i find the comment very strange.
    Really. Last summer I would have agreed. But that was then. I really do think we got lucky last season. I'm guessing that Powells patience is wearing very very thin.
  • Cavani has gone to PSG. Yet another one we've missed out on.
  • Looks like Hooper is going to slip through the net too
  • Wayne rooney might be available. Heard he may actually be moving to a club in london so we may have a chance
  • Cavani has gone to PSG. Yet another one we've missed out on.

Cavani and Ibra in the same front line.... yum.

• Not a rumour - but right now there's an absolute beauty sitting opposite me on the train, she's really helped me feel better after reading some of the crap on this thread!

We will be fine next year - trust me :-)
  • Rumours?

Ah yes, but what a peculiar season it was, with most of the clubs ending up concertinaed in the middle of the table and a couple of wins being the difference between a relegation scrap and the play-offs. That was highly unusual, and not likely to happen again in a hurry. There's a case for saying finishing 9th flattered us, bearing in mind all those poor home performances. If the other clubs in the division are improving their squads and kicking on, while we are left depleted, simple logic says we are going to struggle badly. Golfie and Large aren't "whining"; they are expressing perfectly rational concerns.

Ah yes, but what a peculiar season it was, with most of the clubs ending up concertinaed in the middle of the table and a couple of wins being the difference between a relegation scrap and the play-offs. That was highly unusual, and not likely to happen again in a hurry. There's a case for saying finishing 9th flattered us, bearing in mind all those poor home performances. If the other clubs in the division are improving their squads and kicking on, while we are left depleted, simple logic says we are going to struggle badly. Golfie and Large aren't "whining"; they are expressing perfectly rational concerns.

Making the same point over and over and over again is whining
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!