Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Addick90 said:

Apparently,chelsea bid 10m plus mata for rooney apparently (last night). Has mourinho gone mental - definitely undervaluing how good mata is...
    apparently it was also rejected by united, man utd need a mata type player though

Depends if he's getting Cronaldo in the replace him
    Mata is probably their best player madness to get rid of him and pay £10m extra for Rooney
  • Harewood training with Millwall
  • On-trial defender Richard Wood could again get the chance to impress across the capital while Powell looks set to run the rule over striker Adamo Coulibaly.

The 31-year-old, who has most recently been playing for Debrecen in Hungary, has been on trial at Sparrows Lane during the week, and The Valley boss admitted: “He’s someone that has been on our radar for a long time.

“Phil Chapple and Roger Cross from our scouting department have seen him. Roger saw him play in Belgium for his Hungarian side and we just felt now was the right time to bring him in.

“He is French speaking, but his English is good. You would like him a bit longer as he hasn’t done much training, and that’s my only worry.

“We’ve got him for this week and he looks OK, but is obviously a little bit behind us. I’m going to have to throw him in as really I need to see what he’s about.

“The reports are good, his scoring record is good and we will take a look at him and take it from there.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130717-powell-looks-to-progress-against-dons-923678.aspx#epIp38uXgx6qES0E.99
  • Full name Adamo Coulibaly
    Date of birth 14 August 1981 (age 31)
    Place of birth Paris, France
    Height 1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)
    Playing position Striker

He was signed before Debrecen's Champions League campaign and has earned a reputation during the competition for being a target man who, using his extreme acceleration and strength, tries to beat the offside trap. Coulibaly won the 2009–10 season of the Hungarian League with Debrecen despite his team lost to Kecskeméti TE in the last round.[1] In 2010 Debrecen beat Zalaegerszegi TE in the Hungarian Cup final in the Puskás Ferenc Stadium by 3–2.[2] In the season, he also won Hungarian Super Cup and Hungarian League Cup with Debrecen.

On 1 May 2012 Coulibaly won the Hungarian Cup with Debrecen by beating MTK Budapest on penalty shoot-out in the 2011–12 season. This was the fifth Hungarian Cup trophy for Debrecen.[3] On 12 May 2012 Coulibaly won the Hungarian League title with Debrecen after beating Pécs in the 28th round of the Hungarian League by 4–0 at the Oláh Gábor út Stadium which resulted the sixth Hungarian League title for the Hajdús.[4][5] On 26 May 2012 Coulibaly scored a penalty against Szombathely, which was his 20th goals. He overtook Nemanja Nikolić in the topscorer ranking and became the top-scorer of 2011-12 Hungarian Pro League with 20 goals.

On 23 May 2013 Coulibaly won the Hungarian League title with Debrecen after beating Győri with the result of 2-1. Coulibaly scored both goals of Debrecen in this final. On 2 June 2013, he repeated his title as the top-scorer of 2012-13 Hungarian Pro League, but this time with 18 goals.

Passes the CL height test. Trial not required.
  • And thank gawd for a real "rumour" or at least a trialist to big up/slag off/be underwhelmed by

: - )
  • Fair enough. Yann, although a lot younger then, was playing in the French lower leagues so I spose that doesn't mean much. Hope Powell is truthful when he says he's been on our radar and we aren't getting desperate.

Here's to the new undiscovered gem!
  • As ever the player we bring in for a trial is completely off everyone's radar!
  • woo hoo. Awaits Golfie and Large's opinion before relaxing though.
  • He's a unit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit worried about his age , at 31 how many seasons can we get out of him if we do sign him- hopefully we are still after obika as a young partner for the experienced (old) ones up top!
  • cfgs said:

woo hoo. Awaits Golfie and Large's opinion before relaxing though.

I'll form an opinion when I see him play which, seeing as I'm not going tonight or to Pompey, will probably be never ;-)

• is he is any relation to the coulibaly who bournemouth have signed ?

• nearly 32, not one for the future then
  • Ahh, we need a mix of youth and experience anyway. Coulibaly used to score bundles of goals for me on Football Manager...as manger of Charlton nonetheless. On that basis alone it's a yes from me.
  • nearly 32, not one for the future then

But you've been saying since June that if we don't sign a striker NOW we'll be relegated etc etc etc.

You can't now start looking ahead to next summer when you've not been able to see beyond next week.

; - )

• I never understand why some people get caught up on a player's age. I can't remember the last time we bought a player that stuck around for 4+ seasons, it just doesn't happen at this level very often.
  • Let's face it, strikers who have A) proven themselves, B) have potential to grow even further C) are available and affordable... are about as common as fish's fingers. I trust CP & his team to at least sign a decent player on a needs-must basis, Kermorgant is no spring chicken nor was his record brilliant and we know how that goes! Beggars cannot be choosers as they say.
  • lolwray said:

is he is any relation to the coulibaly who bournemouth have signed ?

or the one from Monaco interesting Blackburn?

• From the description above he sounds like a Drogba type player
  • Sponsored links:

• Using Alan Pardew`s fool proof system of scouting ( 1 look at a video) he is worth a pop (given that we are desperate as well)
  • Who cares how old he is, if he scores 30 goals over the next two seasons he'd be a bargain.
  • Jason Roberts wasn't "one for the future" but still provided that push Reading needed to get promoted.
  • From looking at the clips of him on YouTube/Pardew's Scouting network the lad certainly knows where the goal is. Piss poor league though as horrendous defending on show!

Strong and quick from the looks of it also.

• Can I be the first to say:

There's only one Coulibaly, one Coulibaly.
  • Ross said:

From the description above he sounds like a Drogba type player

Yes, if he is strong, fast and tall all we need to check on is reasonably talented and maybe we have our man!
  • Based on the video he looks a cool finisher. Hope it works out for us.
  • Twitter:

Adamo Coulibaly @adamo39 07 Jul
    I mouve soon other country .....!
  • cfgs said:

woo hoo. Awaits Golfie and Large's opinion before relaxing though.

I'll form an opinion when I see him play which, seeing as I'm not going tonight or to Pompey, will probably be never ;-)

I will give you my over positive description then, after I have witness his prowess tonight.

• edited July 2013
    Addick90 said:

Apparently,chelsea bid 10m plus mata for rooney apparently (last night). Has mourinho gone mental - definitely undervaluing how good mata is...
    apparently it was also rejected by united, man utd need a mata type player though

If Chelsea really bid that, I'd have bitten their hand off if I was Moyes, before they changed their minds.

Can you imagine if they did it then did end up with Fabregas - Mata, Fabregas, Kagawa (who I really rate) and Van Persie.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!